Unusual combination for this 4 bedroom house and chalet, terracing, lake access, pool, spa, sauna, garages, car park and woodland for sale in Normandy. The property overlooks the large lake through which flows the River Orne. The lake is used, amongst other things, for water-skiing, canoeing and fishing and there is a choice of two restaurants on the lakeside.
The property has its own access to the lake including a pontoon sufficient to moor two boats. The property sits right by an ancient ‘randonnée’ or path which starts at Chartre Cathedral and ends at Mont Saint Michel and was used by monks on pilgrimage. In a nearby gorge sits an ancient ruined monastery which was a stopping place for the monks.
The nearest town is Falaise, which is the ancestral home of William the Conqueror. The property is well served by local shops and restaurants at Putange-Pont-Ecrépin just 5 minutes drive away. Within a few minutes’ drive is Falaise and Clécy in the heart of the area known as Swiss Normandy. The D-Day landing beaches are within an hour’s drive.
There is a main family house with fantastic terraces and in-ground swimming pool, spa and sauna. There is immediate access to the lake and a private pontoon. Ideal for a classic car collector/restorer, there is garaging for about 5 cars and parking for another 5 or 6 cars. Potential for home and income generating possibilities.
THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor:
- Entrance Hall 4.2 sq.m – Glazed door to west elevation. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Built-in cupboard. Coved and artexed ceiling. Door to basement. Telephone socket. Small pane glazed double doors to –
- Lounge 32.3 sq.m – Fireplace with raised hearth. Tiled floor. Small pane glazed doors to front and rear terraces. Coving. Ceiling roses.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 9.7 sq.m – Tiled floor. Tiled walls. Glazed double doors to front terrace. Range of matching base and wall units. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Built-in electric oven and 4 ring gas hob with extractor fan over. Built-in dishwasher and fridge. Pelmet lighting. Vent.
- Bathroom 6.6 sq.m – Window to west elevation. Pedestal basin. Bidet. Electric towel rail. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Tiled floor and walls. Vent.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor and walls. Toilet. Window to south elevation. Vent.
- Study/Bedroom 1 10.5 sq.m – Glazed double doors to front elevation. Coving and ceiling rose.
On the First Floor
- Landing Tiled floor.
- Bedroom 1 14 sq.m – Window to south elevation. Tiled floor. Coving and ceiling rose. Convector heater. 2 under eaves storage areas.
- Cloakroom Vent. WC. Tiled floor and walls.
- Bathroom 4 sq.m – Velux window to front elevation. Convector heater. Vent. Tiled floor and walls. Bidet. Pedestal basin. Sloping ceiling. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment.
- Bedroom 2 10.7 sq.m – Window to north elevation. Tiled floor. Convector heater. Hatch to eaves. Loping ceiling.
- Bedroom 3 11 sq.m – Window to north elevation. Tiled floor. Sloping ceiling. Convector heater. Hatch to eaves.
- Dressing Room 3.67 sq.m – Velux window to south elevation. Tiled floor. Built-in wardrobes.
In the basement
- Tiled floor. Under stairs storage cupboard.
- Utility Room 11 sq.m – Double stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Hot water cylinder. Convector heater. Tiled floor. Window to south elevation.
- Garage 34 sq.m – Tiled floor. Sliding wooden door. Electrics. Alarm.
- Workshop area 7 sq.m – Window to east elevation.
- Separate Storage Room 38 sq.m – 2 windows to south and window to east elevations. Tiled floor. 2 convector heaters. Door to Wine Cellar 6 sq.m
- Door to covered terrace area and garden. which is laid to lawn with flower borders. Front terrace with wrought iron balustrade. BBQ. Outside lights.
THE DETACHED CHALET
On the ground floor
- Lounge 39.3 sq.m – 2 large windows and door to front (east) elevation. Window and door to south elevation opening on to terrace. Tiled floor. 2 windows to north elevation.
- Inner Hall Tiled floor.
- Bedroom 1 9.3 sq.m – Window to south elevation. Tiled floor. Pedestal basin.
- Bathroom 5 sq.m – 2 windows to south elevation. Bath with tiled surround, screen and mixer tap/shower fitment. Tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Extractor fan. Vanity unit. Heated towel rail.
- Cloakroom Saniflow WC. Tiled floor. Extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2 9 sq.m – Window to south elevation. Tiled floor.
- Bedroom 3 9 sq.m – Window to south elevation. Tiled floor.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 20 sq.m – 2 windows and door to north elevation. Tiled floor. Twin bowl ceramic sink with mixer tap. Base and wall units. Space for free standing cooker and fridge. Tiled worktops and splash-backs.
- Cloakroom Saniflow WC. Hand basin. Tiled floor.
- Master Bedroom 9 sq.m – 2 window to north elevation. Tiled floor. Door to –
- En-Suite Shower Room Shower. Tiled floor. WC. Hand basin. Extractor fan.
- Several terraces with outside lighting. Several vehicular accesses through double wrought iron gates. Covered terrace area and garden which is laid to lawn with flower borders. Front terrace with wrought iron balustrade. BBQ. Outside lights.
- Pool Area with wrought iron railings. Pool 9.00 × 6.00m with a depth of 1.00 to 2.00m. Terrace around. Outside lighting. (Plumbing in place for ground source heating with solar).
- Pump Room/pool house Alligator electrode cleaning system. Hygene chlorine pump. Pool cleaning robot. Liner control system. Outside tap.
- Gate to private pontoon – 2 berth, Tiled parking area. Old stone fireplace for BBQ. Double metal gates to road.
- Electric gates (currently disabled). Pedestrian gates to Chalet area.
- Detached 4-car Garage 81 sq.m – Tiled floor. Large double wooden sliding doors (electric currently disabled). 4 windows to south and 3 windows to north elevation. Electrics. Inspection pit.
- Woodland as far as an old Lavoir bounded by stream.
- Attached to chalet is a large shed/storage area. 2 hot water cylinders – one for the chalet and the other for the Spa.
- Sauna/Spa 26 sq.m – 5 person spa purchased in 2003. Shower. Window and door to front elevation. Windows to one side. Sauna.
Additional information :
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Electric heating in both the main house and chalet.
- Woodburner in main house.
- Broadband internet connection available.
- Drainage in the main house is to a septic tank.
About the area and access
What makes this property different is not only what it consists of but it’s positioning in the Normandy landscape. The peace and tranquillity of the area makes it an ideal setting to ‘get away from it all’ and is a perfect place for quiet reflection. It is set at the southern end of Swiss Normandy; an area of outstanding natural beauty and a popular tourist destination.
Travel from the port of Caen (Ouistreham) to the property is a mere 55 minutes. Paris is only 2 hours to the east and the lovely old town of Bayeux and the Normandy beaches are just an hour to the north. It is also en route south (A88) for Le Mans, Tours and the South of France, with Brittany just a couple of hours away to the west.
- Property type:
- Habitable space:
- 280 square meters
- Plot size:
- 9785 square meters
Additional Information & Features
- Property outbuildings:
- Wine Cellar:
- Swimming Pool:
- Pool House:
Environment & Surroundings
- Lake view?
And Before You Ask...
- Good general condition
- Lived in?
- Sold furnished?
- Condition of Roof:
- Good condition
- Old septic tank which needs updating
- Land Tax:
- 2000 euros
- Owners are:
The map below shows the approximate location of the property.