Stunning Country Mansion famous for being home to a renowned French painter set on a 3,500 sq.m plot for sale in Normandy. This beautifully appointed family home would also lend itself to use as a small boutique hotel if required.
The property has been lovingly restored to combine the best of original features with all modern conveniences in spacious, light and airy accommodation. It benefits from double glazed windows throughout with shutters and oil fired central heating. The outside living space is equally well-appointed as the inside with well stocked raised flower beds, multiple terraces, swimming pool and pool house.
The property is situated in the Orne department of Normandy in western France. Local shopping facilities are within walking distance in the village including a bakery, butchers, hairdressers, bar/tabac, post office and an infant school. There is a school bus which stops near the house and goes to Flers and Domfront. The house is in a lovely village, between Domfront and Bagnoles De L’Orne.
THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 7.04 × 1.98m Half glazed double doors to front elevation. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Part wood panelled walls. Cupboard housing electrics. Built-in cupboard. Radiator. Door to cellar.
- Lounge 6.83 × 3.96m Window to front elevation. Partly glazed double doors to rear elevation and terrace (west) Fireplace with wooden surround and woodburner. Wood flooring. 2 radiators. Part wood panelled walls. Coving. Ceiling rose.
- Dining Room 6.94 × 3.93m Window to front and 2 windows to south elevations with cupboards under. Fireplace with wooden surround. Wood flooring. 2 radiators.
- Inner Hall Partly glazed door to terrace. Tiled floor.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.84 × 5.09m 2 windows to north and 2 windows and partly glazed door to west elevations. Tiled floor. Wine rack. Fireplace with woodburner. Partly tiled walls. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Range of matching base and wall units. Space for range style cooker with extractor over. Island with twin stainless steel sinks and mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Telephone socket. Breakfast bar. Radiator.
- Cloakroom Obscure glazed window to south elevation. WC. Vanity unit. Fully tiled. Radiator.
- Study 2.86 × 2.37m Window to south elevation. Part wood panelled walls. Built-in cupboard. Ornate coving and ceiling rose. Parquet flooring.
- Utility Room 3.12 × 2.78m 2 windows to south elevation. Radiator. Tiled floor.. Larder cupboard. Worktop. Wall units. Space and plumbing for washing machine. 2 windows to west elevation. Secondary staircase.
On the first floor
- Mezzanine 5.20 × 3.06m Window to east elevation. Built-in shelves. 2 radiators. Laminate flooring. Stairs to second floor. Display recess.
- Bedroom 1 4.24 × 3.34m Laminate flooring. Fireplace. Built-in wardrobe. Radiator. Window to front elevation. Built-ion shelving. Part wood panelled walls. Coving. Ceiling rose.
- Bedroom 2 3.38 × 2.55m Window to west elevation. Laminate flooring. Built-in wardrobe. Radiator. Built-in shelves.
- Bedroom 3 3.67 × 3.39m Window to east elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator. Built-in wardrobes to one wall. Coving and ceiling rose. Part stained glass windows in turret with cupboards under with marble top.
- Bathroom 3.08 × 2.68m Obscure glass window to south elevation. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. Corner bath with jets. Display shelf. Fully tiled. WC. Radiator. Corner shower unit with jets. Coving.
- Inner Landing Laminate flooring. Radiator. Part wood panelled walls. Window to south elevation.
- Master Bedroom 6.50 × 5.24m 3 windows and partly glazed door west elevation and balcony. 3 windows to north elevation. Built-in wardrobes to one wall. 1 large electric shutter. Built-in cupboards. Door to –
- En-Suite Shower Room Tiled floor and walls. Window to north elevation. WC. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. Corner shower with jets. Extractor.
- Bedroom 5 4.33 × 3.94m (max) Window to south elevation. Part wood panelled walls. Marble fireplace. Radiator. Coving. Door to secondary landing and stairs to second floor. Door to –
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.45 × 2.11m Obscure glazed window to south elevation. Radiator. WC. Laminate flooring. Pedestal basin. Shower.
On the Second Floor – (via secondary staircase)
- Bedroom 6 4.48 × 3.70m 2 windows to south elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator.
On the Second Floor – (via staircase from mezzanine)
- Bedroom 7 5.60 × 5.00m (max) Sloping ceilings. Laminate flooring. 2 roof lights to east and 1 to the north elevations. Exposed beams. Inset spotlights. Door to –
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.86 × 1.97m Twin vanity unit. Fully tiled floor and partly tiled walls. WC. Convector heater. Bath with tiled surround. Inset spotlights.
- 3 oil storage tanks and boiler. Hot water cylinder.
- Storage space.
- Double gates give access to the front garden and gravel drive. Cascading ponds with shrub and flower borders. Lawned area.
- “L” shaped open fronted Garage for 4 cars. 7.11 × 3.84 and 6.56 × 5.00m Power and electric light connected.
- Wood Shed.
- The Pool Area – wooden pool house 5.85 × 2.45m Seating Area. Laminate flooring. 2 windows and glazed double door to west and window to south elevations. Decking and seating area outside. Above ground pool with wooden surround.
- West Terrace with balustrades. Fountain. Flower borders. Raised seating area.
- The garden is laid to lawn with a pond and water feature. Second terrace on five levels with shrub and flower borders.
- Hall 2.63 × 1.39m Glazed double doors to south elevation and terrace.
- Games Room 5.18 × 4.32m 2 windows and partly glazed door to rear elevation.
- Storage Room/Bedroom 4.02 × 3.00m Window to west and north elevations. Tiled floor.
- Room 2.39 × 2.15m Window to front elevation.
- Gym 5.02 × 2.88m 2 windows to south elevation.
- Decking and seating area. Outside lighting. The garden is enclosed by mature hedging and fenced for dogs.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank installed in 2015.
- Broadband internet connection.
The area and access
The closest airport is Deauville Airport (97 kms), also nearby are Rennes Airport (106 kms), Dinard Airport (112 kms), or Angers Airport (118 kms). The UNESCO heritage site of Mont Saint Michel is about 70 kms away.
Viewing is recommended to appreciate this stunning house and gardens.
- Property type:
- Habitable space:
- 350 square meters
- Plot size:
- 3500 square meters
Additional Information & Features
- Property outbuildings:
- Wine Cellar:
- Attic Space:
- Swimming Pool:
- Pool House:
And Before You Ask...
- Ready to move in
- Lived in?
- Sold furnished?
- Condition of Roof:
- Very good condition
- Brand new septic tank
- Gas System:
- Small gas bottles required for cooking
- Land Tax:
- 1568 euros
- Owners are:
The map below shows the approximate location of the property.