Buttery cake from Brittany
Preparation: 30 min / Cooking time: 25 min / Rest: 2 hours
- 500 g of flour
- 275 g of butter
- 200 g of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 20 g of yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water, add flour and salt.
- Combine the ingredients by stirring vigorously, then allow to stand and rise in a cool place for about 1 hour (keep away from drafts).
- Roll the dough out on a floured board. Spread the stick of butter in a uniform layer over the dough, then powder with sugar.
- Fold the dough in four and allow to rest for ten to fifteen minutes. Repeat this operation 4 times, letting the dough rest for 10 minutes between each repetition.
- Butter a form and place the dough in it. Let rest for 20 minutes, while the oven preheats at a setting of 6/7 (200/210∞ C).
- Glaze with egg and bake for 25 minutes