The perfect Winter warmer
- 2 bottles of Beaujolais
- 1/2 cup of cassis liqueur
- zest of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lemon
Wrap into a cheese cloth bag:
- 2 cinnamon sticks; 6 whole cardamom pods; 6 whole cloves; 6 allspice berries and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Garnish: Cinnamon Stick
- Pour the wine, zests, cinnamon sticks and cassis into a saucepan.
- Add the cheese cloth spice bag and bring the wine just to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
Ladle into cut-glass punch cups and add an additional cinnamon stick as a stirrer.