A true gem of neo-Gothic architecture glitters from the heart of the Loire Valley. Bright, airy and irresistibly inviting, Chateau de Falloux is as charming as the Verzee valley it overlooks. THIS AUCTION IS NOW CLOSED.
The history of Chateau de Falloux can be traced back to the 18th century with extensive enhancements in the 19th century. Its recent renovation, which was completed in 2018, has breathed new life and modernity into each of its rooms, from herringbone parquet floors to soaring cathedral ceilings.
Not an ounce of authenticity was sacrificed during its careful restoration. Updated luxuries, like the custom kitchen with Carrara marble surfaces and built-in appliances, bring perfect balance to the sweeping antique staircases and ornate carved fireplaces. Sumptuous chandeliers and immaculate oak paneling throughout provide a warm and cohesive design that calls you to linger in each new room.
MORE ABOUT THIS CHATEAU FOR AUCTION
The chateau set on 10+ hectares of land boasts some 800 sqm of living area consisting of 6 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms and 2 half bathrooms in the chateau. In addition there’s 11 bedrooms partially restored.
Jewel of neo-Gothic architecture, Facade entirely redone in Loire stone, New slate roofing on all buildings, Custom-made kitchen with Carrara marble surfaces, built-in appliances, two dishwashers, two refrigerators, ice maker, and La Cornue kitchen range/stove/piano, Luxurious bathrooms with heated floors and walk-in showers, Herringbone parquet floors, Grand staircase, Multiple ornate fireplaces, Stunning oak paneling, Soaring ceilings and breathtaking chandeliers, Long gallery corridors
- Breathtaking view of the Verzee valley
- Automated wrought iron entrance gates opening to a 300m long gravel driveway
- Ornamental gardens
- Vast walled vegetable and flower garden
- 19th century English garden
- Largest partially restored private chapel in the region with beautiful painted vaulted ceiling
- Outbuildings including stables, carriage houses, garages
- Domestic accommodations totalling 700 sqm and containing 6 luxury apartments that sleep up to 30 guests.
About the Location
- Electricity, plumbing, and heating fully renovated as of 2018
- The chateau was previously offered for €3.8M.
- €100,000 Bidder (refundable) Deposit is Required.
This unique chateau auction is situated in the Maine et Loire area, in the heart of the famous Loire Valley area. Approx. 40 minutes to Angers, 40 minutes to Nantes, TGV, and Nantes Airport, 2 hours to Tours, 2 hours to Paris.THIS RARE AUCTION IS NOW GONE ....
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Connected to mains town system
Nationality of Owners: