Farmhouse with outbuildings and approx 3 hectares of land for sale near Barenton, in the Normandy region. It is surrounded by its own land and has no close neighbours. An additional 3 acres of land is available, subject to separate negotiation.
This house would benefit from further modernisation and offers additional potential to develop the adjoining barn. The property is ideal for someone wishing to run a B&B or business from home as there are extensive outbuildings.
The property is situated in a village about midway between Mortain (Manche) and Domfront (Orne) within the Mont St Michel Bay heritage area. Local shops and amenities can be found at Barenton (4 km).
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Dining Room - 7.15 x 5.12m Window and partly glazed door to front and rear elevations. Stairs to first floor. Tiled floor. Open fireplace with raised hearth. Double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Space for free standing cooker. Space and plumbing for dishwasher and upright fridge/freezer. 2 radiators. Cupboard housing electric meter. Door to boiler room.
- Bedroom 1 - 3.42 x 3.23m Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. Telephone socket. Radiator. Door to:
- Bathroom - 2.83 x 2.79m Window to west elevation. Tiled floor. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Hand basin. Bath with mixer tap and tiled surround. Radiator. WC.
On the first floor
- Study Area 2.79 x 2.28m Wood flooring. Window to rear elevation. Radiator. T.V. socket. Door to:
- Bedroom 2 4.62 x 4.10m Wood flooring. 2 windows to front elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 3 3.05 x 2.99m Window to west elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Built-in wardrobe.
- Shower Room 3.04 x 1.81m Wood flooring. Shower. Partly tiled walls. Pedestal basin. WC. Radiator. Vent.
- Bedroom 4 3.75 x 3.02m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring.
- Attached to the main house is a building which would have been used as accommodation in the past but now requires complete renovation - Lobby Area. Stairs to first floor. Door to:
- Boiler Room 5.17 x 3.86m Boiler. Door to outside.
On the second floor
- Room 1 3.96 x 3.35m Window to east elevation.
- Room 2 3.52 x 2.56m Window to front elevation. Ladder access to loft over house.
- Courtyard with turning space and parking. Gravel terrace area. Stone open fronted BBQ/outside seating area.
- Old Stable Block/Milking Parlour 21.00 x 6.45m Constructed of stone under slate roof. Loft over. Attached Shed 4.84 x 3.89m Constructed of block under Fibro cement roof. Sliding door to front and door to rear elevations. Attached chicken shed 4.70 x 3.14m.
- Old Lake – running water. Orchard.
- Large Barn 14.00 x 7.30m Constructed of stone and cob under slate and synthetic slate roof. Large opening to front and pedestrian door to rear elevations. External staircase to Grain Store 8.76 x 6.37m. Attached wood and Fibro cement lean-to used for storage. Attached Shed 3.87 x 3,14m (old butter making shed) Constructed of stone and block. Pedestrian door and window to rear elevation.
- Store room - Ancien Pressoir 8.34 x 6.80m Used as garage. Sliding door to front elevation. Access to lean-to. Loft over.
- Pigsty 9.50 x 4.66m Constructed of stone under slate roof. Stone slab flooring.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity.
- Drainage to a septic tank.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Wood fired boiler and vented woodburner.
The nearest beaches are approximately 50 kms away and the Mont Saint Michel is 65 kms away. It is 233 km from Paris and 326 km from the port at Calais. Dinard airport is one and a half hour's drive, as are the ferry ports at Caen Ouistreham and Saint Malo. The ferry port at Cherbourg is 2 hours away.
There is huge potential for this property and viewing is highly recommended.