- This stunning luxury property consisting of a farmhouse and a separate 4 bed. barn conversion with a heated swimming pool overlooking the local vineyards is ideally located just a few minutes from the center of Bergerac and the airport in the popular Dordogne area (Nouvelle Aquitaine).
Step inside your charming French cottage set against a rolling patchwork of Bordeaux vineyards. Le "Bijou" is a farmhouse-style cottage with all the old-world details you’d expect in this part of France. A natural stone facade welcomes you inside to admire the vintage brick hearths, stone floors, and exposed wood beams and trusses. The serene, romantic palette harkens back to a simpler time.
The property has been lovingly restored and offers the amenities and modern finishes your life requires. This unique floorplan offers two residences with rustic charm, renovated kitchens and baths, and lots of light. Whether you dream of a getaway for your family and friends or hope to use the second residence as an investment, possibilities abound.
Open the French doors to enjoy your expansive terrace and resort-style pool overlooking the gorgeous valley of vineyards. Mature landscaping surrounds a lush patch of grass for additional play and entertaining space.
ABOUT THE AREA - BERGERAC (DORDOGNE)
Minutes from town center and nestled at the border of the Dordogne and Gironde regions of southwestern France, Ligueux beckons wine lovers, gastronomes, outdoor enthusiasts, and those ready to sink into a slower pace of life. Wine cellars dot the rolling vineyards of this Bordeaux-producing region.The 16th-century Chateau des Vigiers with a top-ranked 27-hole golf course, spa, fitness center, and a Michelin star restaurant is only 5 minutes away.
Le Bijou is close to several bilingual schools which offer both the French and IGCSE curriculum. Walk the medieval streets of Saint-Émilion, just 35 kilometers away (20 miles) or venture a mere 30 minutes to explore the stunning fine wine, gourmet cuisine, and chateaux
and wood-timbered buildings around Bergerac. Alternatively, jet off to another destination from the Bergerac-Roumanière Airport. Bordeaux is only 1.5 hours away from your estate with access to the TGV train and an international airport.
- Total: 500 sqm living area with 9 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms / Plot Size 3,000 sqm
- Recently restored and renovated; Tile, brick, and stone flooring; Natural stone and plaster walls; Exposed wood beams and trusses; Brick fireplaces with wood-burning stoves; French doors and windows; Skylights
- Chef’s Kitchen with Spacious design; Center island; Tile floors; Designer appliances; Butcher block countertops; French doors access terrace; Exposed beams
- Main Residence - Open plan ground floor design; Large living room with brick fireplace and wood-burning stove; 5-beds/4-baths
- Second House - 4-beds/3-baths (two ensuites); Spacious kitchen, dining, and living room; Brick fireplace with wood-burning stove; overlooks the pool area.
- Outside - Large terrace surrounds a heated swimming pool, Spacious lawn and mature landscaping on 3,000 sq.m plot for easy maintenance.
- Expansive views of the Bordeaux countryside and vineyards
- Additional Information - The property is divided into two dwellings offering opportunity for rental income (previously rented at > €3k/week)
- Recent renovation with new electrical, plumbing, and drainage system; Wood-burning stoves and radiant heat. Very reasonable running costs.
- Located a few minutes from Bergerac town center; 35km/20 miles from Saint-Émilion
- TRAVEL - 30 minutes from Bergerac Airport; 90 minutes from Bordeaux (TGV train and international airport)
ABOUT THIS AUCTION PROPERTY
This Luxury Property was Previously Listed for €1.7M.
It will be sold under AUCTION, with a Reserve of €750K.
- The current highest bid is 475,000€ (correct 24/11/21)
- Next Bid at 525,000€
- $100,000 bidder deposit to join auction (refundable)
- Bidding is now closed.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: