This theological seminary was built in the early 1700's and orginally had a farm attached to it; this farm is now under separate ownership. The property itself has been partially renovated (200 sqm) and the attached West Wing of 148 sqm requires renovation, but would make an ideal B&B or self-contained gîte. This characterful property sits in an elevated position with over 2 1/4 acres of garden and paddock.
The windows have all been replaced in the renovated part of the house with Pvc and aluminium double glazed windows with roller shutters. The roof was overhauled in 2001 and the central heating system was installed about 10 years ago. There are 2 magnificent granite staircases (only one is currently in use) and a huge granite fireplace and the ceilings are over 3m high. There is also a basement which is believed to have a secret tunnel....
On the ground floor
- External steps to:
- Entrance Hall/Dining Hall 6.05 x 4.00m Double doors and 2 windows to front elevation. Granite fireplace with open hearth. Exposed beams and stone walls. 2 radiators. Double doors to lounge and inner hall. Door to attached utility room.
- Lounge 6.18 x 5.65m 2 windows to front elevation. 2 radiators. Fireplace. Part wood panelled walls. Telephone socket.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 6.56 x 3.12m 2 windows to rear elevation. 2 radiators. Exposed beams and stone wall. Range of matching base and wall units. Worktops with tiled splash-backs. Double ceramic sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Recess for microwave. Built-in electric double o9ven. 4 ring hob (2 gas and 2 electric) with extractor over. Double original doors to:
- Inner Hall Built-in cupboard (originally second staircase). Granite stairs to first floor. Radiator. Exposed beams. Door to stairs to basement and back door. Door to outside (east) and utility room.
- Cloakroom WC.
On the First Floor
- Landing Window to rear elevation. Granite stairs to second landing. Radiator.
- Bathroom 3.61 x 1.82m Window to rear elevation. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. Pedestal basin. Partly tiled walls. Radiator. Electric heater. (Where second staircase would have come up).
- Second Landing Double doors to granite stairs to second floor. Door to West Wing to renovate (via cloakroom).
- Cloakroom 2.29x 2.,14m Window to east elevation. Cupboard (former second staircase to second floor). Bidet. Hand basin. Radiator.
- Bedroom 1 3.98 x 3.77m 2 windows to front elevation. Radiator. Ornamental fireplace. Wood flooring (40 years old).
- Bedroom 2 3.73 2.26m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring (40 years old).
- Bedroom 3 6.18 x 3.61m 2 windows to front elevation. 2 radiators. Ornamental fireplace. 2 built-in cupboards. Part wood panelled walls.
- Bedroom 4 3.74 x 3.44m Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 5 3.49 x 3.28m Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Cloakroom WC. Door to unrenovated part.
On the Second Floor
- Loft space (108 sqm) Granite stairs. Skylights. Wood flooring. (Could be converted – good head height).
ACCOMMODATION IN THE WEST WING
On the ground floor
- External stairs to:
- Lounge 7.66 x 6.70m Fireplace. Double doors to lounge in main house. (could be re-opened). Exposed beams. Door to:
- Room 6.70 x 3.53m 2 windows to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Exposed beams.
- First Floor (accessed via Cloakroom in Main House) -
- Landing Window to east elevation. Wood flooring. Exposed beams.
- Bedroom 6 6.08 x 3.35m Wood flooring. Window to rear elevation.
- Bedroom 7 6.08 x 3.36m Wood flooring. Ornamental fireplace. (floor needs to be replaced)
- Bedroom 8 3.52 x 2.65m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring.
- Bedroom 9 3.52 x 3.47m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Exposed beams. (chimney not in use).
In the Basement
- Room with pump and cylinder for well water. Well water and mains can be used.
- Former tunnel. Wine Cellar. Storage area.
- Large Store Room.
- Boiler Room with hot water cylinder. Store room for wood chips.
- Gravel drive leads to parking and turning area.
- Garden laid to lawn and is partly walled. Well.
- Vegetable garden. Soft fruit bushes. Greenhouse. Orchard to the rear.
- Car Port attached to house for one car
- Stone Outbuilding with corrugated iron roof (used at present as workshop). Attached Garage with metal doors
- Utility Room Sink unit. Electrics. Door to rear elevation.
- Stone Building used as chicken house. Second detached stone building with corrugated iron roof.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank and a septic tank.
- Wood chip/wood pellet fired central heating installed about 10 years ago.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated in a quiet rural position with no close neighbours. It is between Brécey (3.8 km) with shops, schools, dentist and doctors' surgery and Cuves (4.5 km). It is within an easy drive (55 minutes) of the beach and the Normandy landing beaches.
The UNESCO heritage site of Mont St Michel, a must see for anyone visiting Normandy and is just a short distance along the coast (about 45 minutes). Within a short drive is the 18 hole golf course and Lake Dathée near Vire (15 km), and the forest of Saint Sever. Dinard Airport is about 100 km, as is Caen Ouistreham ferry port.
And Before You Ask
Wood burner system
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: