This substantial detached house with 1.25 acres of land, outbuildings, a swimming pool and B&B potential is offered for sale in the Calvados area. This spacious south exposed farmhouse has high ceilings and light rooms. The property has been used as a successful B&B with two en-suite letting rooms in the past and the separate owners’ en-suite bedroom is at the other end of the house.
The property is situated at the end of a quiet “no-through” road in a rural hamlet in the middle of its plot which has an established garden with mature trees and shrubs and a large terrace around the in ground swimming pool. There is room to further extend into the attached garage if required. THE ACCOMMODATIONOn the ground floor
On the First Floor (access via lounge) –
- Entrance Hall Partly glazed door and side panel to front elevation. Polished tiled floor. Radiator. Stairs to first floor with cupboard under.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.53 x 4.40m Polished tiled floor. 2 windows to front and 2 windows to rear elevations. 2 radiators. Exposed beams. Range of matching oak baser and wall units including display unit. Built-in dishwasher. Range style cooker with extractor hood over. Sink with mixer tap. Worktops and tiled splash-backs.
- Utility Room 2.51 (max) x 2.26m Electrics. Partly glazed door to rear elevation. Polished tiled floor. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Worktops.
- Cloakroom Polished tiled floor. Tiled walls. WC.
- Dining Room 5.77 x 5.69m Polished tiled floor. 2 radiators. Window to front and rear elevations. Fireplace with wood-burner. Window seat. Exposed beams.
- Conservatory 5.28 x 2.62m Polished tiled floor. Radiator. Windows to rear and east and partly glazed door to east elevations.
- Boiler Room 3.09 x 2.15m Boiler. Window to rear elevation. Pool pump, etc. Door to covered seating area.
- Lounge 5.59 x 5.25m Glazed double doors to front elevation. 2 radiators. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Tlephone socket. Cupboard housing electrics.
On the First Floor (via stairs from entrance hall) –
- Bedroom 1 5.33 x 3.74m Window to front elevation. Exposed beams. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Pedestal basin. WC. Corner shower with jets. Tiled walls. Sloping ceiling.
- Landing Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Stairs to loft. Large walk-in cupboard.
- Bedroom 2 5.74 x 4.51m 2 windows to front and window to rear elevations. Wood flooring. Ornamental fireplace. Radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.19 x 2.06m Window to rear elevation. Pedestal basin. WC. Corner shower with jets. Extractor.
- Bedroom 3 5.79 x 4.65m Window to front and rear elevations. 2 radiators. Wood flooring. Ornamental fireplace. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 1.83 x 1.82m Window to rear elevation. Pedestal basin. WC. Corner shower with jets. Extractor.
- Double wrought iron gates lead to large parking area and turning circle. Partly walled garden. Kennel. Well.
- Attached to the house is a garage 8.12 x 6.07m (ideal to convert into self-contained Gite) Constructed of stone and cob under a slate roof. Double wooden doors to front and door to rear elevations. First floor over. Doorway to –
- Wood Store 2.63 x 2.09m and Store Room 5.26 x 2.04m
- Separate Detached Barn Constructed of stone under Fibro synthetic slate roof divided into:
- Garage 7.20 x 3.08m Sliding metal door to front elevation. Concrete floor.
- Barn 7.36 x 6.60m 2 windows and door to front and 3 small windows to rear elevations. Plumbing for well water (used for pool and can also be used for house supply).
- Attached Barn 9.24 x 6.37m Sliding door to front elevation.
- Attached Barn 7.51 x 5.44m (Ideal for camping car) High metal sliding door and pedestrian door to front and double doors to rear elevations.
- Attached Garage 10.78 x 3.62m Window to rear and metal door to front elevations. Concrete floor.
- Attached to the rear of the house is covered seating area. Fish pond. Large terrace with flower borders. Small greenhouse.
- In-ground Swimming Pool 9.91 x 5.91m with tiled interior. Park like gardens laid to lawn with large mature trees. Hedging.
- Detached Stone Building with tiled roof.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Oil fired central heating.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The closest village, 5 minutes away, is Cerisy-la-Forêt which has a bar, shop, bank, post office, a bakery and hairdressers . Further facilities are available at the nearby village of St Clair sur Elle for general shopping and offers bar/restaurant,, butcher, supermarket, baker, garage, post office, doctor’s surgery, chemist, bank, 2 hairdressers and a small market on Tuesdays.
The property is in an enviable position, central to all major ports and attractions, with easy access to the famous D-Day Landing beaches (20 mins drive) and to/from the major ferry ports of Cherbourg and Caen (50 minutes); Carpiquet (Caen) airport (35 minutes) and Cherbourg airport (50 mins).
It is situated near the village of Cerisy la Foret, midway between the major towns of Bayeux and St Lo. The nearest mainline train station with trains to Paris (2 hours 30 minutes) is nearby. Within a short distance is Cerisy Forest (forêt de Cerisy or forêt de Balleroy), is a 2,127 hectare (5,260 acre beech tree woodland (75% of the land), located in the French Calvados and Manche departments. Since 1976 it has been a national nature reserve managed by l’Office national des forêts (ONF).
Bayeux, a most beautiful, picturesque medieval town is only 25 minutes drive. St.Lo, situated approximately 18k south-west of the property has good shopping, leisure facilities (new aqua-park and golf-driving range), restaurants and an extensive Saturday morning market.
The UNESCO heritage site of Mont St. Michel is around 1 hour 20 minutes drive. The beautiful sandy and spacious Normandy beaches, WWII museums and military cemeteries / memorials are 20-40 minutes, depending on which beach.