Spacious pre-revolution stone farmhouse ( approx 1760) offering family accommodation with room to extend or create a gîte in the outbuildings for sale in Normandy. The property is surrounded by its own land which extends to nearly 1 and 1/4 acres which is separated into gardens and parking, turning area and in and out drive.
The house stands in a small, tranquil rural hamlet in an elevated position and has direct access to a bridleway from outside the gate. There is a recently installed decking area to the front of the property (east facing) and a gravel seating area to the rear offering every opportunity to relax in the garden and enjoy the peace and scenery.
The farmhouse benefits from a new gas boiler for the hot water and electric central heating, double glazing and insulation. A particular feature of the property is the farmhouse kitchen.
On the ground floor
- Farmhouse kitchen : 30 sq.m - Door to side elevation into utility/boot room. French doors and window to the front elevation. 2 windows to the rear elevation. Tiled floor. Space for free standing cooker. Extractor fan. Fitted with range of base units with wooden worktops and inset ceramic butler sink with mixer tap. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Small pane glazed door to hallway and door to -
- Separate utility area (21 sq.m) with wall mounted gas fired Combi boiler, boot room and wood store with pedestrian door to the front and rear garden and door to kitchen.
- Bedroom/study : 28 sq.m - 3/4 glazed door and window to the front elevation. Decorative fireplace. Exposed beams. Hatch to loft space. (This room and the adjoining garage with the loft space over could easily be converted into a self-contained gîte if required, subject to planning.)
- Hallway : 12 sq.m - Window to front elevation. Stairs to first floor. Oak floor. Door to -
- Living room : 25 sq.m - Double aspect with window and 1/2 glazed door to front elevation and window to the rear elevation. Fireplace with wood surround and woodburner. Built in shelving. Radiator. Oak floor.
- Conservatory : 10 sq.m - French doors to the rear garden. Tiled floor.
- Bathroom/laundry : 7 sq.m - Window to the rear elevation. Hip bath, basin and toilet. Tiled floor. Space and plumbing for washing machine and dryer.
On the first floor
- The first floor has original wood floors throughout and believed to date back to the 1860's.
- Landing : 7 sq.m - Stairs to second floor.
- Master bedroom : 30 sq.m - Double aspect with 2 velux windows to the rear elevation and window to the front elevation. Exposed beams. Radiator. Access to loft space. Door to -
- En-suite shower room : Recently refitted with window to the front elevation. Wood floor. Fully tiled shower cubicle. Toilet and pedestal hand basin. Tiled splashbacks.
- Bedroom 2 : 22 sq.m - 2 windows to the front and rear elevations. 2 radiators. Exposed beams.
- Bathroom : 7 sq.m - Window to the front elevation. Corner bath with shower and fully tiled surround. Vanity unit with hand basin. WC.
On the second floor
- Bedroom 3 : 36 sq.m - Double aspect with 2 velux windows to the front elevation and one to the rear. Exposed beams. Fitted wardrobe/storage unit. Door to -
- En-suite shower room : Recently refitted with Velux window to the front elevation. Toilet. Vanity basin. Shower. Sloping ceiling.
The property is approached via double gates and a gravel driveway which leads to a parking and turning area (approx. 500 sq.m) and the Garage (24 sq.m) with sliding wooden door, power and light and first floor for storage. The front garden is mainly laid to lawn with an orchard with different types of fruit trees. Greenhouse.
To the right of the house there is an open-fronted barn of 112 sq.m with hay store over built of stone under a corrugated iron roof which has a separate access to the road. To the rear and side of the property there is another area of garden mainly laid to lawn with mature flowers and shrubs and garden shed (20 sq.m).
- Mains water, electricity, LPG Gas and telephone are connected.
- Broadband internet connection.
- All water septic tank.
- Woodburner and electric heating.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. €350 per annum
- Taxe d'habitation : Means tested
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
Local shopping facilities can be found at nearby Campeaux (1.5 kms) with Post Office, Bar, Butcher, Bakery and Grocery store or further afield at Torigini-sur-Vire (14 kms) and Vire (17 kms). The nearest major cities are Saint Lô (25 kms), Bayeux (50 kms) and Caen (62 kms). The local junior school is at Campeaux and senior school is at Le Bény Bocage (5 kms). Hospitals are at Vire and Caen.
The nearest airports are at Caen Carpiquet, Deauville (118 kms) and Dinan (127 kms). The ferry ports of Caen Ouistreham (70 kms) and Cherbourg (100 kms) are easily accessible from the A84 Caen to Rennes motorway which is 5 minutes drive away. The famous Viaduc de Soulevre, renowned for bungee jumping is 5 kms away for the house. The UNESCO world heritage site of Mont St Michel is 75 kms and the Normandy landing beaches are about 60 kms away.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Tank in the garden
Nationality of Owners: