Fabulous domaine in the middle of a forest on one bloc, 74 hectares of peace and full privacy. It is all fenced by electric wires on 10 km at a height of 2 meter. You will fall in love with this unique property which consists of a hunting manor totally rebuilt from the old existing part, a castle to restore which once belonged to a famous French Baron, an airfield totally built and made recently. Then there's also a river with a waterfall where it is possible to install an hydroelectric plant. The property is used for logging and also has an ice-house built entirely in granit.
The Manor House
- Old Part : 260 sqm living area with 4 bedrooms, most en-suite - heights on ground floor 2.70 m and 3.30 m on first floor
- New extension : 440 sqm - height on ground floor 3.10 m and 3.30 on first floor.
- Large garage for vintage cars, equipped with water and electricity - 18m X 9m - 162 sqm
- Inside pool - swimming pool 12m X 5m working, needs to be finished around it.
A Wooden CHALET - for up to 10 people
The chalet with a surface area of 70 sqm is made up of a small living room, a kitchen, a shower room and two bedrooms upstairs. It's connected to a water network (borehole) and located in the under-enclosure of the airstrip, it can provide tourist reception or provide additional accommodation for family or friends for 10 beds.
A CHATEAU TO RENOVATE
With a surface area of around 1,000 m 2, this old castle built on the site of a 12th century fortified Cathar square has never been renovated: it is as time has left it since the last Earl of the line of its historical owners left it. The chateau adjoins the fence enclosure with its 3.5 hectare park, its spring which supplied the castle, the old chapel and four other buildings, all to be completely renovated and in their original state... making a great side project!
- waterfall with a possibility to create an hydroelectric plant
- airfield for all type of planes with propelers
- river with waterfall ( 200 litres/sec. all year around)
- herd of about 50 fallow deer
- electric fencing
THE AREA AND ACCESS
A rare opportunity for animal and countryside lovers looking for absolute peace, privacy and a chateau project! REDUCED!
- 25 KM from Carcassonne
- 80 KM from Toulouse
- 1 hour to the coast (Narbonne, Gruissan)
- A new golf course is to be created 10 minutes away.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Reason for selling:
Due to relocation
Condition of Roof:
Brand new septic tank
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: