Located on the edge of a village with amazing views, this wonderful Art Deco house was built in around 1920 on the site of an 11th Century chateau and a number of those elements are still visible today.
With views on all sides of the house, both overlooking the village and also over the valley beyond, the house occupies an almost unique position in the village with unparalleled opportunity to watch the sun setting in the evenings.
The ground floor
- Side entrance Hall (2,8m x 2,6m) (7,2 m2) With radiator, door to lobby with WC off and through to study. Door to
- Salon ( 5,2m x 4,3m) (22,3 m2) A dual aspect room with stone mullion windows, radiator, raised hearth with Piazetta pellet stove, double doors to terrace, exposed stone arches and step up to
Kitchen (5,2 x 4,4m) (22,9 m2) With central island unit with worktops and cupboards under, large inset sink with west facing views, AEG induction hob, electric fan oven, extractor hood, cross beamed ceiling with Art Deco features, two radiators and door to
- Back Kitchen (4,3m x 2,6m) (11,2 m2) With Bosch oven, space for dishwasher, large sink, worktops with cupboards under, original tiled floor and huge stone arch over doors back to side entrance lobby.
From the kitchen, door to Main lobby (4,4m x 2,5m) (11 m2) With arched Art Deco doorways either side, original Art Deco features including a fine basin and original tiled walls either side of the archways and through to Stairwell (4,7m x 2m) (9,4 m2) With radiator, parquet floor, wonderful carved Art Deco staircase and door to
- Dining Room (4,8m x 4,7m) (22,5 m2) A fine dual aspect room with high siblings, dual spect windows, parquet floors, those views again and Art Deco wood panelling.
- bullet point
The first floor
- Landing with radiator and separate WC at end
- Bedroom 1 (5,1m x 5m) (25 m2) Parquet flooring, dual aspect windows with Art Deco surrounds and built in wardrobe.
- Bathroom 1/Dressing (3,9m x 3,7m) (14 m2) Original tiled fireplace, shower area with shower cubicle, WC, round basin with unit under and large dressing area to the side.
- Bathroom 2 (2,6m x 2,3m) (6 m2) With cupboards on either side of the doorway, original Art Deco wall and floor tiles, bath with shower over, wash basin and towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 (4,1m x 3,8m). With lovely views, parquet floor, beams ceiling and radiator.
- bullet point
The top floor
- Bedroom 3 (5,3m x 4,2m) (22 m2) Dual aspect windows, two radiators, and cupboard with water heater.
- Bathroom 3 (3,5m x 1,8m) (6 m2). Bath with tiled surround, shower over, wash basin, bidet and radiator.
- Sitting area (5,3m x 4m) (21 m2) Dual facing windows with insulated floor and ceiling. Fabulous viewing location.
- Games area /studio/bedroom 4 (6,6m x 5,2m) (34 m2). With insulated floating floor, radiator and dual aspect windows and stairs up to loft attic area.
- Study area (6,3m x 3,2m) (20 m2) With access from both inside the house and from outside, this is a very useful area with a radiator and is currently used as a study. Double doors to
- Covered terrace with tiled roof and built with an oak frame.
External stone steps lead down to the street and to
Cellars (6,8m x 4,4m Overall) (30 m2) Two cellars with flag floors, oil fired bolier and cuve. The boiler is in the process of being replaced with a heat pump over the course of the spring and summer 2023.
- With heat pump providing heating
- Sitting Area (5,4m x 4,7m) (25 m2) With tomette floor, stairs to first floor and
- Kitchenette (4,8m x 1,5m) (7,2 m2) Base and wall units, electric hob with fan over and oven under, sink, door to outside and further door to WC.
- Stairs up to
- Bedroom. (5,4m x 4,8m overall) (25 m2) Adjacent shower room with shower cubicle, wash basin and towel radiator.
Garage (9,3m x 8,8m) (82m2). With concrete floor, stone walls, driveway to electrified entrance gates and roof over with solar panels .
- The gardens are delightful and very private but also still have lovely views to the south. They comprise lawns with borders, a variety of trees and shrubs with external paved eating areas and large terrace, a covered terrace and in all it extends to some 950m2 in total.
- Swimming Pool. (11m x 4m). A chlorine pool with liner and solar shower to side.
- Further adjacent land. In addition to the gardens , there is a further area of land in three parts on the side of the hill with a variety of trees and shrubs which are host to a variety of wildlife and extends to about 1,29ha in total
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (oil)
Condition of Roof:
Connected to mains town system
Nationality of Owners: