This spacious detached 5 bedroom countryside house with separate apartment and 13.5 acres of land with orchard and fruit trees in the Orne department of Normandy. It is situated in a rural setting, a short 5 minute drive away to restaurants, bakeries, a lake and a supermarket. Also within 10 minutes drive to the town of Flers and 15 minutes to the medieval town of Domfront.
This unusual property has been renovated by the present owners over the past 20 years, It was formerly run as a plant nursery and some of the infra-structure remains. The land is to the front of the property and would lend itself to equestrian use or a smallholding. There is excellent access to bridleways within about 100 meters and access to the old railway track. The self-contained apartment offers a potential income.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the Ground Floor
- Covered Porch leads to:
- Entrance Hall Tiled floor. Stairs to kitchen/dining room. Access door to apartment.
- 2 Store Rooms with power and light connected.
- Utility Room 2.86 x 1.99m Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer.
On the first floor
- Kitchen/Dining Room 6.19 x 6.01m 2 windows to front elevation. Glazed double door to rear elevation opening onto a closed gravelled courtyard with a woodstore and access to letterbox as well as the rear exit from the property. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Rayburn. Range of matching base and wall units including display unit. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Worktops and tiled splashbacks. Exposed stone wall. Window seat. 2 ring gas hob.
- Lounge 6.29 x 5.05m Exposed stone walls and beam. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Window to front and rear elevations. Stairs to second floor. Inset spotlights. Wood flooring.
- Inner Hall Tiled floor. Airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
- Bedroom 1 3.17 x 2.75m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Recess for storage.
- Bedroom 2 3.95 x 2.94m Window to rear elevation. Exposed beam. Radiator.
- Bathroom 4.88 x 2.46m Window to front elevation. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Exposed stone walls/ Tiled floor. Pedestal basin. WC. Shower. Radiator.
On the 2nd Floor
- Landing Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams. Velux window to rear elevation.
- Bedroom 3 4.09 x 1.40m Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Convector heater.
- Bedroom 4 3.95 x 1.40m Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Convector heater.
- Shower Room 2.31 x 1.94m Velux window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Shower. WC. Vanity basin. Sloping ceiling.
- Master Bedroom 4.28 x 3.25m Velux window to front elevation. Exposed stone wall. Convector heater. Eaves storage space. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE APARTMENT
On the ground floor
- Conservatory 5.90 x 2.65m Glazed door to garden. Tiled floor.
- Galley Kitchen 6.11 x 1.79m Range of matching base and wall units. Gas cooker with extractor over. Double stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Washing machine. Larder cupboard. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Electrics. Worktops and tiled splashbacks.
- Lounge 6.11 x 4.08m Laminate flooring. Convector heater. Coving.
- Inner Hall Hot water cylinder (3 years old). Laminate flooring.
- Bedroom 1 3.73 x 2.52m Laminate flooring. Convector heater. (no window). Vent.
- Shower Room Window to front elevation. Heated electric towel rail. Extractor. WC. Large shower. Vanity unit with light and mirror over. Tiled floor and walls.
- Bedroom 2 4.38 x 2.76m (to finish) Door to entrance hall.
- Large Attached Garage 7.02 x 5.88m Sliding metal door to rear elevation. Stairs to fully boarded first floor used as a hobby room. Power and light. Separate vehicular access to rear.
- Vehicular access to gravel parking area.
- Orchard with over 400 fruit trees including eating and cooking apple trees (Heritage varieties), cherry trees, pear trees, plum trees and damson trees. Soft fruit cages. Tree house. Walnut and chestnut trees.
- Greenhouse. Vegetable garden.
- Shed and Wood Store. Willow coppice with pond. Source and reservoir with pumping station for automatic watering systems for the garden.
- Paddock with stable block (3 corrugated iron stables and covered overhang).
- Professional Greenhouse 7m x 3m with concrete floor and additional lean-to. Electricity.
- Paddock with haybarn. In total there are 4 interconnecting paddocks which are fenced with barbed wire and sheep mesh - double fenced with a ditch which were all re-dug in 2017. 3 of the 4 have running water from a spring all year round.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- There is a separate electricity counter in the apartment.
- A solid fuel fired Rayburn provides the central heating and hot water and there is electric heating on the second floor and in the apartment.
- Broadband Internet connection.
- Solar panels with 10-11 years left to run on the contract which generate an income of between 1,500€ and 1,700€ per year.
- Taxes Foncières : 1,543€ per annum
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is in a rural setting however, Tinchebray is a short 5 minute drive away where there are restaurants, bakeries, a lake and a supermarket. It is within 10 minutes drive to the town of Flers and 15 minutes drive to the medieval town of Domfront.
Several great beaches are easily reached within an hour including Granville. The house is accessible from any of the northern ports within 1-2 hours (St Malo, Cherbourg or Caen). It is a four hour journey from Calais.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Heat storage stove/cooker
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: