Superb Château with over 30 acres of land and large pond currently used as a B&B and with further business development potential for sale in Suisse-Normandie.
The property has been renovated and has double glazed windows on the front of the building and the guest floor. It has been partially re-wired and completely redecorated. Currently there are 6 en-suite letting bedrooms on the first floor with prices ranging from 100€ to 150€ per night per room.
The second floor is used for the owners' accommodation although there is further possibility of creating more letting bedrooms. There are French and English television aerial sockets in each of the letting bedrooms.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE CHATEAU
On the ground floor
- External granite steps to:
- Entrance Hall 9.81 x 2.74m Cornice. Double wooden doors to front and 3 windows to front elevation. Stairs to first floor. Wood flooring. Door to stairs to basement.
- Lounge 7.90 x 4.98m 2 windows to front and 2 windows to rear elevations. Wood flooring. 4 radiators. Marble fireplace. Cornice. Partly glazed double doors to:
- Snug 5.23 x 5.22m 2 pairs of partly glazed double doors to rear elevation. Part wood panelled walls. Wood flooring. Marble fireplace. 2 radiators. Cornice.
- Inner Hall Wood flooring. Partly glazed double doors to rear elevation. Vanity unit. Radiator.
- Cloakroom WC.
- Dining Room 5.30 x 5.22m Wood flooring. Cornice. 2 radiators. Marble fireplace. 2 pairs of partly glazed doors to rear elevation. Built-in cupboard. Double doors and small pane glazed door to:
- Bar 5.08 x 4.02m 2 windows to side and glazed double doors to rear elevations. Wood flooring. Marble fireplace. 2 radiators.
- Kitchen 8.36 x 2.78m 2 windows and partly glazed door to front elevation. Tiled floor. Range of matching base and wall units. Stainless steel sink unit. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Radiator. Space for range style cooker. Cornice. Telephone socket.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Stairs to second floor. 3 windows to front elevation. 3 radiators. Linen store. 2 built-in cupboards. Smoke detector.
- Bedroom 1 “Van Gogh” 5.08 x 4.25m Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- En-Suite Shower Room Inset spotlights. Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Large shower. WC.
- Bedroom 2 “Rembrandt” 4.12 x 4.03m 2 windows to front elevation. Radiator. Built-in wardrobe. Vanity unit with mirror and light over.
- En-Suite Shower Room Extractor fan. WC. Shower cubicle. Partly tiled floor and walls.
- Shower Room Partly tiled and walls. Shower.
- Bedroom 3 “Monet” 5.31 x 5.25m Wood flooring. Marble fireplace. 2 windows to rear elevation. 2 radiators. Cornice. Built-in wardrobe. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.52 x 1.77m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. WC. Large shower.
- Cloakroom WC. Extractor.
- Bathroom 2.87 x 1.93m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Partly tiled walls. Pedestal hand basin. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment.
- Bedroom 4 “Ruben” 5.22 x 4.25m 2 windows to rear elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Marble fireplace. Built-in wardrobe. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Inset spotlights. Extractor. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. WC. Shower.
- Bedroom 5 “Degas” 5.12 x 3.40m 2 windows to rear elevation. Radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Pedestal basin. Shower cubicle. WC. Built-in wardrobe. Extractor.
- Bedroom 6 “Cezanne” 5.17 x 3.24m 2 windows to front elevation. Radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Window to east elevation. Tiled floor. WC. Shower cubicle. Pedestal basin.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Window to front elevation . Radiator. Wood flooring. Door to Attic Space 7.30 x 5.00m (could be converted)
- Dressing Room 4.94 x 1.63m Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. 2 built-in cupboards. Radiator. Door to loft space.
- Bedroom 7 “Gauguin” 5.24 x 4.68m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Bidet. Pedestal basin. Built-in wardrobe. Marble fireplace.
- Bedroom 8 “Renoir” 3.64 x 3.52m Window to rear elevation., Radiator. Wood flooring. Pedestal basin.
- Bedroom 9 “Poussin” 4.00 x 3.49m Wood flooring. Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Marble fireplace.
- Shower Room Window to front elevation. Large shower. Radiator.
- Cloakroom WC.
- 2nd Attic Space (could be converted).
In the Basement
- Hallway - Tiled floor. Stairs to ground floor.
- Cloakroom 2.44 x 2.07m Window to front elevation. Space and plumbing for washing machine. WC. Pedestal basin. Radiator.
- Storage Area Electrics. Hot water cylinder. Oil storage tank. Door to large garage.
- Store Room 3.51 x 2.21m Door to rear garage.
- Boiler Room 4.81 x 4.81m Boiler. Hot water cylinder. Door to wine store.
- Store Room 5.69 x 1.72m Tiled floor. Double doors to garage.
- "Servants'" Kitchen 5.10 x 4.93m Partly glazed double doors and window to west elevation. Tiled floor. Electric meter. Sink. (This would make an ideal professional kitchen).
- Store Room 4.92 x 2.91m 2 windows to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Sink.
- Room 4.77 x 3.78m Tiled floor. 2 windows to rear elevation. Fireplace.
- Wine Store 4.55 x 2.05m
- Separate detached Building housing a Gymnasium (with bomb shelter behind) - 10.75 x 7.15m
- Glazed double doors to rear and front elevations. Window on two sides. Concrete floor.
- To the front of the property there is a large pond and a gravel drive.
- To the rear there is a part walled formal garden laid to lawn. Covered seating area with lighting. Hot tub.
- Under terrace – garage for 3 cars. Double wooden doors.
- The majority of the land is mature woodland.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Oil fired central heating with new radiators.
ABOUT THE AREA
The property is to be found in Orne department in the Normandy region, the closest airport is Deauville Airport (75 km). Flights are also available from Dinard Airport (123 km), Rennes Airport (129 km), or Angers Airport (145 km). The ferry port at Caen is 40 km away and the D-Day Landing Beaches (61 km).
The Suisse Normandy area is known for tourism and is enjoyed by walkers, canoeists, anglers, hang-gliders and trekking enthusiasts. The river Orne is a winding river course bordered by steep banks with rolling, wooded countryside.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Reason for selling:
Septic tank needs updating
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: