This former hunting estate dating back to the 16th century is in perfect condition; with beautiful volumes and high ceilings, well-proportioned reception rooms to receive guests, independent guest rooms and two exhibition rooms for collectors. The mansion is set in the middle of its park and garden in an intimate green setting and is approached by a paved and treed alley skirting the Château and a forged iron gate flanked by two stone pillars.
Completely renovated over the past few years, the property is in an irreproachable state offering comfort, luxury and authenticity. It is composed of an entrance hall with imposing wooden spiral staircase, WC under the main staircase, a kitchen opening onto the outside with AGA cooking piano, central island with refrigerated drawers etc. Formal dining room, fireplace with open fireplace and sitting area, a second formal living room, an office in the former chapel with Gothic windows and views of the garden, a pool room with mezzanine with home theater, the 16thcentury former kitchen now a family room opening onto the courtyard with beams and stone floors, scullery/utility room with imposing stone sink.
On the first floor, the landing leads to a spacious master suite with dressing room, bathroom with bath, shower and double sink, adjoining terrace overlooking the park and three other bedrooms and bathrooms. Outbuildings and guest house fully fitted with a living room/kitchen, laundry room, three bedrooms and bathrooms, forming a closed courtyard with shed for outdoor use.
Outside, a workshop, tool shed, kennel and two exhibition rooms with the possibility to create an extra apartment. Many outdoor spaces allow you to enjoy the park and the gardens: a covered and open terrace side kitchen, a shaded terrace accessible from the formal dining room and swimming pool area with a wooden terrace and a dovecote fitted with summer kitchen and pool house.
The park is planted with various species of trees some of which are centennial, varied and large flowerbeds. The property is bordered by a forest of oaks, crests and ash trees. The ten hectares of land are cultivated by a neighbor with an annual renewable contract.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE CHATEAU
- Reception hall 45 sqm with wooden staircase
- Formal sitting and dining room | 50 sqm
- Kitchen/breakfast | 30 sqm (Mark Wilkinson design),
- Small salon of 30 sqmmarble fireplace
- Study | 24 sqmin the the former chapel, with exposed stone walls and French doors and 2 gothic windows
- Family room of 33 sqmorthe former 16C kitchen, with imposing Gascon fireplace, 4m high ceiling with massive beams, exposed stone walls, flagstone floor and stone archway
- Billiards room of 27 sqm Home Cinema mezzanine |16 sqm
- Utility room of 14 sqm with massive medieval stone sink, a splendid feature
- Boiler room - high-grade Viessman oil burner for under-floor heating at ground level. Mitsubishi air-conditioning.
- An impressive, turning staircase rises to a galleried landing
- Master bedroom of 27 sqm with south-facing roof terrace, 36 sqm
- Bathroom adjoining with central bath, walk-in shower, double basins, bidet & WC
- Bedroom 2 - 23 sqm with period poplar boarded floor, window east
- Bedroom 3 - 23 sqm with north roof terrace. En suite Italian shower, basin & WC
- Bedroom 4 - 20 sqm with timber fireplace. En suite Italian shower, basin & WC
- Family bathroom with free standing bath tub, large walk-in, double wash basin & WC
- Roof space
- Independent accommodation | 150 sqm with heating and double glazing
- Entrance hall - 8 sqm
- Living-dining - 54 sqm in period terracotta tiles, with fireplace and fitted kitchen area
- Utility area - 19 sqm downstairs shower and WC
- Bedroom 1 - ensuite shower room
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 - sharing a further shower room
- Two parallel wings of stone outbuildings form a courtyard to the rear, paved in granite block, with guest parking area beside a water fountain feature
- Workshop - 64 sqm with heating oil tanks.
- Lock up garage of 56 sqm with mezzanine storage.
- Open barn with five bays for farm vehicles and machinery
- Dog kennels
- Two showrooms - 100 and 70 sqm highly finished areas ready for many uses
- Former small dwelling as further storage area or with potential for development
- Swimming pool 12m x 5m, with integral cover, stone copings, timber decking and covered terrace
- Pigeonnier with summer kitchen, changing room & WC. Heating system and saltwater filtration.
Parkland (approx. 27 hectares)
- A raised terrace with a covered entertaining area of 40 sqm, has fine views across the parkland with two flights of stone steps leading down
- Feature trees include cedars, oaks and ashes and the tree-lined driveway
- To the south is a block of six hectares of deciduous woods including oak, beech, hornbeam and a chestnut grove, with a number of delightful walkways
- As many as four wells have been found on the property, one providing garden irrigation
- At the western limit of the property a 10-hectare field is managed on an annual basis by a neighbouring farmer
- Beyond this field the former railway line is now a walking, cycling and equestrian path leading 3.5kms into the town.
- Oil-fired central heating
- Private tree lined 700m granite-paved driveway - with remote controlled gates
- Comfort: oil central heating, reversible air conditioning integrated in the ceilings, alarm, double glazing …
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Returning to the UK
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Nationality of Owners: