This imposing fully renovated Farmhouse with stone barns and 1.25 acres of garden is set in quiet rural position near Domfront in Normandy. It is situated is about 300m from the nearest bridleway making it ideal for riding, walking and cycling .The house and barns are built in a "U" shape with the drive in the middle and all are in very good condition.
The original part of the property is believed to have been built in about 1600 with subsequent extensions. It has been completely renovated and benefits from versatile accommodation which could easily be used for a B&B, double glazed windows with shutters, partial rewiring, a new kitchen and heating.
On the ground floor
- Lounge 6.15 x 5.35m - Partly glazed door and window to front and rear elevations. Telephone socket. 2 radiators. Tiled floor. Stairs to half landing and first floor with cupboard under. Open fireplace. Door to Cellar.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 7.7 x 5.4m - Glazed double doors and window to front and glazed double doors and 2 windows to rear elevations. 3 radiators. Spiral stairs to first mezzanine. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Kitchen area with base and wall units. Double sink unit with mixer tap. Built-in dishwasher and oven. 4 ring electric induction hob with extractor over. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Recess for microwave. Breakfast bar.
- Utility Room 5.3 x 3.8m - Partly glazed door and window to rear elevation. Hot water cylinder. Boiler. Electrics. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Well water cylinder. Exposed beams. Tiled floor.
On the upper Floor
- Mezzanine Sitting/Study Area (via stairs from kitchen) 5.5 x 5.35m - Window to the front and rear elevations. Exposed beams. Radiator.
- Cloakroom WC. Pedestal basin. Extractor. Exposed beam.
- Bedroom 1 4.3 x 2.55m - Window to rear and partly glazed door to front staircase. Exposed beams. Radiator. Fireplace.
- Half Landing (via from stairs from lounge) - Partly glazed door to front elevation. Built-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2 6.4 x 3.75m - 2 windows to rear elevation. 2 radiators. Ornamental fireplace. Built-in wardrobes.
- Bathroom 4.9 x 1.6m - Corner bath with tiled surround, mixer tap/shower fitment and screen. Inset spotlights. Radiator. Tiled floor. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. WC. Window to front elevation. Heated towel rail.
On the first floor
- Landing Window to front elevation. Stairs to loft space.
- Bedroom 3 4.2 x 2.95m - Window to front elevation. Radiator. Granite ornamental fireplace. Door to:
- Bedroom 4 5.4 x 4m - Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Shower Room 2.07 x 2.05m - Obscure glazed window to rear elevation. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. WC. Shower. Radiator. Extractor.
On the Second Floor -
- Bedroom 5 6.5 x 2.4m - Sloping ceiling. Exposed “A” frame.
- 2 radiators. Velux window to rear elevation.
- Double PVC electrically operated gates lead to gravel drive and enclosed garden, parking and turning area.
- Large Stone Barn (approx. 200m² over 2 floors) divided into :
- Workshop with partly tiled and partly corrugated iron roof. Partly glazed door to front and rear elevations. Power and light. First floor storage area over. Concrete floor.
- Garage Double wooden doors to front elevation. Stairs to mezzanines. Partly glazed pedestrian door to front and rear elevations. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Attached open fronted wood store.
- Attached Garage with pedestrian door and wooden double doors to front elevation. Power and light.
- Cellar under house 6.9 x 5.9m - Partly glazed door and side panel and window to front and window to rear elevations. Old granite sink. Hot water cylinder. Door to wine cellar. Utility/Storage Area Connecting door to lounge. Window to rear elevation. Old granite sink.
- Separate Detached Stone Barn with slate roof (approx. 70 sqm over 2 floors). Divided into old stables. Power and light. Tap. 2 sliding wooden doors. Stairs to mezzanine over. Attached to the rear is a 2 vehicle Car Port.
- Large terrace (approx. 140 sqm) to the west elevation of the house. Boules court.
- The garden is laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders. Outside light and taps. Well.
- Further land of about an acre may be available by separate negotiation.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Well water is also connected.
- Broadband internet connection available.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
- Electric heating.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated in the Orne department of Basse Normandie in the north west of France. The area is within the Normandy National Parks region and the village itself is very pretty with a hairdresser, bar, bakery and small shop. The property is 89 km away from the ferry port at Caen Ouistreham, the closest port and just over 4 hours' drive from Calais.
The nearest major town with all amenities, including a mainline train station with direct access to Paris is at Flers which is 15 km away. Closer to home is the Medieval town of Domfront (about 5 minutes' drive) which caters to all every day needs, including doctor's surgery, pharmacies, schools, shops, bars and restaurants. The renowned Spa town of Bagnoles de l'Orne is about a 20 minute drive from the property with lake, restaurants, and 9-hole Golf Course.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: