Detached farmhouse for sale with outbuildings and land of over 5 acres including stabling, menage and lakes in the department of Orne in Normandy, just 3 kms from the medieval market town of Domfront with shops, schools and all amenities. Also nearby, you will find Lassay -les-Chateaux (13 kms), with its picturesque castle and lake. Bagnoles de l'Orne, about 10km away, is a spa resort set around a lake with a casino, many restaurants and shops.
The property benefits from secondary double glazing and spacious family accommodation. There are endless possibilities of further evolving the property with the adjoining barns and viewing is very much recommended to appreciate what is on offer. The menage, stables and land will appeal to any equestrian enthusiasts ( and #equestrianhour fans).
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 3.18 x 2.63m Partly glazed double doors to front elevation. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Radiator. Electrics.
- Inner Hall 2.63 x 2.00m Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Window to rear elevation. Exposed beams. Double doors to -
- Lounge 6.80 x 4.70m Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall and beams. Display recesses. Granite fireplace with woodburner. 2 radiators.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 5.92 x 5.39m (max) Window to front elevation. Ceramic sinks with mixer tap. Exposed stone wall. Granite fireplace with woodburner. Radiator. Tiled floor.
- Utility Room 3.96 x 1.51m and 1.87 x 1.37m Window to rear elevation. Worktops. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Hot water cylinder. Electrics. Tiled floor.
- Shower Room 1.88 x 1.82m Tiled floor and partly tiled walls. Vanity unit. WC. Convector heater. Shower. Vent.
On the First Floor
- Mezzanine Study/seating area 6.84 x 4.18m Wood flooring. Hatch to loft. Exposed beam.
- Bathroom 4.13 x 2.10m Window to rear elevation. Pedestal basin. Roll top, claw foot bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Heated towel rail. Wood flooring. Vent. WC.
- Bedroom 1 4.26 x 3.76m Window to west elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Exposed beam.
- Bedroom 2 3.71 x 3.38m Window to west elevation. Wood flooring. Built-in wardrobes to one wall. Views over paddock.
- Bedroom 3 3.85 x 3.38m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Exposed beams.
- A wooden 5 bar gate leads to gravel drive and parking area. There is an enclosed garden, laid to lawn with hedging and mature shrubs. Gravel terrace area. Well. Enclosed menage (50m x 35m) which is drained and topped with Fontainbleau sand. Attached to house is a stone barn 7.57 x 4.56m used as workshop and wood store. Boiler Room housing boiler and oil storage tank.
- Large Stone Barn 9.46 x 4.91m Concrete floor. Used as a tack room and garage. Pedestrian wooden door to front and pedestrian door and wooden garage doors to east elevations. Loft storage over.
- Attached Interior Stable Block with 4 loose boxes each 4.35 x 4.02m Storage over.
- Separate Foaling Box – wood and colombage under slate roof. Attached Open Fronted Barn.
- Detached Old Bakery constructed of colombage under tiled roof.
- 4 paddocks (approximately 4 and 1/2 acres) and 2 lakes.
- Mains water, electricity are telephone are connected.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Satellite internet connection.
THE AREA AND ACCESS
- La-Ferté-Macé (15 kms away) is a pretty town with a large Leclerc supermarket. The town has a leisure lake with a swimming beach, a climbing wall and a par-three golf course.
- The larger town of Mayenne is 27 km away.
- The UNESCO heritage site of Mont Saint Michel is 75 kms
- D-Day landing beaches are 112 kms.
- The nearest mainline train station is at Flers (25 kms) with the TGV at Laval (52 kms)
- airport and ferry are at Caen Carpiquet (100 kms).
- Rennes airport is also within easy reach (98 kms).
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: