Mill house in a stunning and peaceful location with over 2 acres and 2 mill races for sale near Givray in the Manche area of the Normandy region, in northern France. The property has been completely renovated and has a wealth of character features including exposed stone walls and beams and a magnificent staircase. The accommodation is well-presented and arranged over 3 floors.
The local town of Gavray has a tourist office, weekly market. and many of the local amenities such as restaurants, bars, bakeries, butchers, doctor, pharmacy, vets and launderette. There is a lovely riverside walk not far from the property that takes you into the town centre.
On the ground floor
- Covered Porch
- Dining Room 5.55 x 3.92m Door to front and window to rear elevations. 2 radiators. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall. Stairs to first floor. Cupboard housing electrics. Telephone socket.
- Cloakroom Window to front elevation. Hand basin. WC. Tiled floor.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.55 x 2.93m Glazed double doors to front, window to rear and 2 windows to south elevations. Tiled floor. Exposed tone wall. Telephone socket. Range of matching base and wall units. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Recess for under counter freezer. Space for upright fridge. Built-in 4 ring gas hob with extractor hood over. Ceramic sinks with mixer tap. Worktops and tiled splashbacks. Radiator. Vent. Fireplace.
On the First Floor
- Lounge 5.55 x 4.32m Glazed double doors and Juliette balcony and window to front and window to rear elevations. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Radiator. Exposed stone walls. Stairs to second floor.
- Bedroom 1 3.89 x 2.96m Glazed double doors and Juliette balcony to front elevation. Radiator. Telephone socket. Exposed stone wall.
- Shower Room 1.93 x 1.66m Window to rear elevation Shower. Vanity unit. Heated towel rail. Extractor.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Sloping ceiling. Window to rear elevation. Cupboard,
- Bedroom 2 4.52 x 2.68m Sloping ceiling. Exposed stone chimney breast. Radiator. Telephone socket. Window to front and side elevations. Hatch to loft space.
- Bedroom 3 3.62 x 2.37m Window to front and side elevations. Exposed stone chimney breast. Radiator. Sloping ceiling. Hatch to loft space.
- Bathroom Velux window to rear elevation. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Vanity unit. WC. Heated towel rail. Sloping ceiling.
- A lane leads over bridge to gravel parking and turning area and garage.
- The garden is laid to lawn with two mill races on the boundary and a natural pool area.
- There is a separate paddock of just under 1.5 acres.
- Separate Detached Garage 4.41 x 3.01m Constructed of block and stone. Metal up and over door to front, window and pedestrian door to side elevations. Concrete floor. Hot water cylinder. Power and light.
- Open fronted Carport/log store 4.41 x 3.01m Constructed of block and stone. Concrete floor. Window to rear elevation. Power and light. Mezzanine.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- There is no central heating boiler but radiators and pipework are in place.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
- Fiber optic internet connection point 20m away.
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The local town of Gavray, which is about 3 miles away, has its own tourist office and weekly market. Here you will also find many of the local amenities such as restaurants, bars, bakeries, butchers, doctor, pharmacy, vets and launderette. There is a lovely riverside walk not far from the property that takes you into the centre of Gavray.
Normandy is rich with history with the D-Day landing beaches within an hours drive and many other historical attractions and places of interest. The ferry port at Caen Ouistreham is about 1 hours drive from the property; Le Havre is about 2 hours as is Cherbourg. The Port at Saint-Malo is about 1 1/2 hours and Dieppe is about 3 hours. It is about 4 1/2 hours drive to Calais or Dunkirk.
There are beaches less than ½ hours drive and the lovely harbour of Granville where there are boat trips and you can even take a day trip across to Jersey. Mainline train services linking Granville to Paris can be found at nearby Villedieu-les-Poêles.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: