This detached south exposed house set in nearly 3 acres of land stands in an enviable position with stunning panoramic views. The property is quietly situated at the end of a lane near a quiet village with no close neighbours and is surrounded by farmland. Everyday facilities can be found at nearby Juvigny-le-Têrtre (3km) with shops, schools, banks, etc. It is 14km from Mortain and 16km from the market town of Saint Hilaire du Harcouët.
While the house requires modernisation it is habitable as it is, plus, there is a large block built barn which would lend itself to stabling or use by someone wishing to work from home.
On the ground floor
- External stairs to:
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 4.01 x 3.82m Window and door to front elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator. Range of matching base and wall units including display unit. 4 ring hob (1 electric) with extractor over. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Sink with mixer tap. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Housing for built-in fridge.
- Bedroom 1 3.80 x 3.16m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Door to:
- "Jack & Jill" Bathroom 3.33 x 1.71m Window to west elevation. Radiator. Bidet. Pedestal basin. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and screen. Tiled floor and walls two third tiled. Door to hall.
- Lounge 5.70 x 4.50m Window to east and glazed double doors to south elevation and onto balcony. Tiled floor. Granite fireplace. 2 radiators.
- Inner Hall Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. radiator.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. Velux window. Half tiled walls. WC.
- Bedroom 2 4.68 x 1.86m Window to east and Velux window to rear elevations. Built-in cupboard. Sloping ceiling. Radiator.
On the First Floor
- Landing Hatch to loft. Built-in cupboard.
- Room 3.13 x 1.76m Velux window to rear elevation. Sloping ceiling. Radiator. Vanity unit.
- Bedroom 3 4.00 x 2.00m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 4 3.77 x 2.00m Window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Radiator.
- Bedroom 5 3.89 x 2.00m Window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Radiator.
- Study 2.74 x 1.80m Velux window to rear elevation. Radiator. Sloping ceiling.
- Cloakroom Velux window to rear elevation. Radiator. Pedestal basin. WC.
In the Basement - (used for storage)
- Stairs to inner hall. Electrics.
- Utility area with double sink. Boiler. Electric meter. Door to west elevation
- Block built Garage Concrete floor. Sliding PVC door. Access to loft space. Oil storage tank.
- 2 further storage areas - one with pedestrian door to front elevation. One with double sliding metal doors to rear elevation.
- A tarmac drive leads to garage and parking area. Outside WC. Outside tap. Orchard. The garden to the front of the house is laid to lawn. BBQ. Mature trees.
- Large Detached 2 Storey Barn constructed of block under a synthetic slate roof which is divided into old dairy (ideal for stables). Sliding metal doors to front elevation. 10.27 x 8.28m and separate section 10.27 x 4.25m (milking parlour).
- Attached corrugated iron open fronted barn/tractor shed.
- Concrete hard standing area.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 500€ per annum
- NOTE : WHILST THE FIRST FLOOR ROOMS AND ONE GROUND FLOOR ROOM HAVE BEEN USED AND THEREFORE WRITTEN AS BEDROOMS THEY ARE TECHNICALLY NOT CONSIDERED TO BE BEDROOMS BECAUSE THEY ARE LESS THAN 9m2.
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
The property is at the end of a lane near a quiet village with everyday facilities at nearby Juvigny-le-Têrtre (3km) with shops, schools, banks, etc. The house is 14km from Mortain and 16km from the market town of Saint Hilaire du Harcouët.
The property is situated in the north of France in the Normandy region, 46 km from Saint-Lô, the department capital and 252km from Paris. It is within easy driving distance of the port at Saint Malo or Caen Ouistreham.
The channel tunnel at Calais is 327 km. Direct trains to Paris can be located at Villedieu-les-Poêles 19km or Vire 21km. The UNESCO heritage site of the bay of Mont-Saint-Michel is about 33km. The coast at Granville is 41km distant.
Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate the scope and situation of this property.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Needs upgrading and modernising
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Old septic tank which needs updating
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: