Gîte complex in a stunning setting with 1.9 ha and 2 ponds for sale in the Manche area of Normandy. This established (since 2005) gîte complex is situated in a stunning environment and comprises the main family house which is split level with 2 self contained studios on the lower ground floor, an en-suite bed & breakfast room and a detached chalet.
The renovations were all done between 1992 and 1996 and all that remains of the original house are the 4 walls. The main house, studios and B&B room benefit from gas fired central heating, and double and triple glazed upvc tilt and turn windows with oak shutters on the ground floor and roller shutters on the first floor.
On the ground floor
- Open Plan Lounge/Dining Room/Kitchen:
- Lounge Area 56.84 sqm; - Partly glazed door and window to front elevation. Glazed double doors to rear and conservatory. Tiled floor. Granite fireplace with wood-burner (2 years old) with full flue. Exposed stone wall. Dining Area 2 windows to rear elevation. Tiled floor. 2 radiators.
- Kitchen Area 9sqm; - Window to front elevation with extractor. Tiled floor. Range of matching oak base and wall units including display unit. 4 ring gas hob w8ith extractor over. Double ceramic sink with mixer tap. Radiator. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Built-in oven. Built-in dishwasher.
- Inner Hall Tiled floor and walls. WC. Extractor. Radiator. Door to stairs to basement. Window to west elevation. Stairs to first floor.
- Bathroom 8.3sqm; - Window to front elevation. Tiled floor and walls. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. Radiator. Shower. Extractor.
- Bedroom 1/Study 9.3sqm; - Window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator.
On the First Floor
- Study Area.
- Landing 18.7sqm; - Hatch to loft space. Laminate flooring.
- Bedroom 2 11.7sqm; - Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 3 12.3sqm; - Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 4 Approx. 18sqm; - Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Built-n shelves. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling. Telephone socket. Opening to:
- Bathroom 10.45sqm; - Corner bath. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. Sloping ceiling. WC. Tiled floor. Corner shower. Radiator. Heated towel rail. Window to front and east elevations.
In the Basement
- Storage area with gravel floor.
- 2 further storage areas.
- Utility Room Hot water cylinder. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer. Boiler. Access to:
- Shower Room 2.9sqm; - Obscure glazed window to north elevation. Exposed stone wall. Tiled floor and walls. Vanity basin with mirror and light over. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Shower.
- Living Room Tiled floor. Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Inset spotlights.
- Kitchen/Dining Room Tiled floor. Glazed double doors to rear elevation. Ceramic sinks with mixer tap and cupboard under. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Space for under counter fridge. 2 ring gas hob with extractor over. Tiled floor.
- Inner Hall Access to stairs to house.
- Cloakroom WC.
- Approached from covered seating area
- Kitchen/Dining Room 7sqm; - Glazed door and window to west elevation. Tiled floor. Window to rear elevation. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Radiator. Tiled floor.. Sinks with mixer tap and cupboards under. Space for free standing fridge. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. 4 ring hob (2 electric and 2 gas) with extractor over.
- Shower Room 5.25sqm; - Obscure glazed window to rear elevation. Vanity unit. WC. Shower. Tiled walls and floor. Extractor.
- Bedroom 12.8sqm; - Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator.
BED & BREAKFAST ROOM
- Bedroom 17sqm; - Window to east and glazed double doors and window to front elevations. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall. Radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 5sqm; - Tiled floor and walls. Radiator. Shower. Extractor fan. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Convector heater. WC.
A long gravel drive leads to landscaped gardens with river on the boundary. 2 ponds. Mature trees and shrubs. It is beautifully maintained and planted.
TIMBER CLAD WILLEBY MOBILE HOME (38 sqm;)
- Living Room Window to north, east and west elevations. Glazed door to west elevation. Built-in cupboards.
- Kitchen/Dining Room Window to west and east elevations. Built-in base and wall units. Sink with mixer tap. Space for free standing cooker.
- Inner Hall Cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Glazed door to front elevation.
- Shower Room Window to east elevation. Shower. WC. Hand basin.
- Bedroom 1 Window to east elevation. Built-in wardrobe and cupboards.
- Bedroom 2 Window to west elevation. Built-in cupboards,
- Timber Workshop
- Chalet with space and plumbing for washing machine
- Enclosed terrace
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank which was installed about 20 years ago and will need replacing.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Gas fired central heating.
- VIDEO - available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated near a village with a bar/restaurant in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, a few kilometers from Sourdeval, the nearest town. Only a few minutes drive away, the town offers every amenity including two banks and supermarkets. Market day is held every Tuesday morning, as is the livestock market.
The beaches on the west coast are an hour's drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg. A little further afield are the D-Day landing beaches, the Mont St Michel. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 15 minutes drive, as is the Saint Sever forest.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Septic tank needs updating
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: