This beautifully presented property with a gite has a stretch of 500-600 metres of river bank along the River Mayenne and two drainage channels. The lake is a private closed water of approximately 1.5 - 2 acres which was dug out between 2009 and 2015 and has been signed off by the DDA (planning department). It is stocked with at least 80 Carp (up to 45lb), 2 Catfish (up to 30 lb), Roach and Perch, set in 20 acres of private land.
The park like gardens are well maintained, and mainly laid to lawn with a variety of established shrubs and trees, as are the main house and gîte. There are currently 17 bookings for the fishery in 2022.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Conservatory 5.99 x 3.76m Tiled floor. Double doors and 2 windows to terrace. Windows to half height all round. Radiator. Inset spotlights.
- Kitchen 5.27 x 4.18m Fully fitted with range of matching base and wall units. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood over. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Central island unit. Sink with mixer tap. Built-in dishwasher. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Radiator. Tiled floor. Inset spotlights. Partly glazed door to rear elevation. Cupboard housing electrics.
- Bathroom 2.89 x 2.34m Obscure glazed window and Velux window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Bath with mixer tap. WC. Large shower cabinet. Vanity basin. Heated towel rail.
- Lounge 6.22 x 5.48m Fireplace with wood-burner (with flue). Large window and window to rear and bifold doors to front elevations. 2 radiators. Stairs to first floor. Central heating thermostat.
On the First Floor
- Landing Velux window to rear elevation.
- Master Bedroom 4.96 x 4.24m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Velux window to rear elevation. Vanity unit. WC. Corner shower with jets.
- Bedroom 2 3.17 x 2.96m Velux window to front elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 3 5.52 x 3.17m Window to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Radiator.
IN THE GÎTE
On the ground floor
- Kitchen 4.43 x 2.62m Partly glazed door to rear elevation. Range of matching base and wall units. Space for free standing fridge/freezer and cooker with extractor hood over. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall. Extractor. Wine rack.
- Shower Room 2.51 x 2.46m Corner shower unit. WC. Pedestal basin. Cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Tiled floor. Heated electric towel rail. Extractor.
- Lounge/Dining Room 7.20 x 4.09m Tiled floor. Window and partly glazed door to rear and partly glazed door to front elevaitons. Stairs to first floor. Cupboard housing electrics. Fireplace with wood-burner.
On the First Floor
- Bedroom 1 4.06 x 3.19m Velux window to front elevation with blackout blind. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 2 4.06 x .71m Velux window to front elevation with blackout blind. Sloping ceiling.
- There is an outside terrace area and parking for both the main house and gîte.
- Shower block with 2 Shower Rooms with shower, WC and tiled floor.
- Boiler Room Tiled floor. Boiler. Space and plumbing for washing machine.
- Workshop 13.33 x 4.48m Constructed of block under a roof of Fibro cement. Power and light. 3 windows to front and double wooden doors to side elevations.
- Small block built shed with electric connected.
- Anglers' Shelter with electric connected.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Broadband internet connection and Fibre Optic believed to be available.
- Oil fired central heating and a woodburner provide the heating in the main house.
- In the Gîte there heating is provided by a woodburner.
- Double glazed wood framed windows in the gîte and wood effect pvc double glazed windows in the house.
- Drainage is to a 5,000l all water septic tank which should conform to the latest standards.
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
This lake property is situated near a small village in the Mayenne department near the boundary with Lower Normandy. Every day amenities can be found in nearby Ceaucé (9.6 km) with bakery, a butcher, delicatessen, a small supermarket, newsagents, schools, hairdresser, bank, doctor and chemists, two bars and a restaurant and other small shops. There is a small market in the village on Thursday mornings. The pretty village of Saint-Fraimbault is 16 km away.
The Medieval Town of Domfront is 19.5km away and Lassay-les-Châteaux is 6.8 km away and Mayenne is 25 km. The department capital at Alençon is 54 km. The closest airport to the property is Laval Airport (56 km), Caen Carpiquet (108 km) and in the surrounding area are Rennes Airport (131km). The UNESCO site of Mont St Michel is 89 km away, the Old Town of Le Mans is 130 km and the major city of Caen is 119 km affording regular access via ferry to the UK.
RARE ON THE MARKET, ENQUIRE TODAY!
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Gas bottles for cooking