A rare find, the house is set in a tranquil 3/4 acre plot of beautifully landscaped gardens, in the heart of a thriving rural village with great amenities including a wonderful bakery/patisserie, bars & medical centre etc.
This existing established popular B&B is unusual for French properties with the en-suite guest bedrooms all of a similar size and there is plenty of private owners’ accommodation too.
The Ground Floor
Triple aspect Guest Lounge / Dining Room (50 sq.m) with oak beamed ceiling and fireplace with wood-burning stove. Tiled floor throughout. Rear door leads out to terrace and gardens.
Fitted Kitchen (15 sq.m) with views over the garden, private lounge (25 sq.m) with access to the private conservatory, stone fireplace with wood-burning stove, beamed ceilings and a solid oak parquet floor. Built-in window-seat with storage.
Conservatory (10 sq.m) double glazed full height glazed doors on 2 sides allow this room to be opened up to the outside garden and a separate patio area (currently used as an art studio, but would also be ideal as a private dining room). Utility Area and wc. Oak staircase leading to…The First Floor
The Second FloorOwners Accommodation
- Landing, which opens onto…Guest Bedroom 1 (22 sq.m) with en-suite WC/shower room, a twin/double bedroom with gothic arched windows to front and rear, beamed ceiling and carpeted throughout.
- Guest Bedroom 2 (17 sq.m) with en-suite WC/shower room, a double bedroom with 2 gothic arched windows overlooking rear garden, beamed ceiling and built-in period wardrobe.
- Guest Bedroom 3 (17 sq.m) with en-suite bath and shower and wc. A twin/double bedroom with 2 gothic arched windows overlooking rear garden, beamed ceiling and built-in period wardrobe.
- Guest Bedroom 4 (25 sq.m) with en-suite shower and wc. Triple/Family room has double aspect gothic-arched windows (X4). Beamed ceiling and carpeted throughout A Private Door onto a spiral staircase, with access to the …
- with Master Bedroom (18 sq.m) A lovely open space with 2 velux windows and exposed oak beams. Carpeted throughout. Second Bedroom / Dressing Room (18 sq.m) Two built-in wardrobes and exposed oak beams.
Velux window and a feature ‘bullseye’ window. Carpeted throughout. Bathroom (7 sq.m) WC, sink unit and a bath with shower and shower screen. Attic Space ripe for conversion (21 sq.m)
There are two gated drives (one front, one rear) giving great flexibility for multi-vehicle access and parking. The mature rear garden is surrounded by trees and hedges, providing excellent privacy. As well as large lawns, the garden is beautifully planted with flower beds, pergolas, rose-clad rope swags, fruit bushes, a wide variety of fruiting and decorative trees, a vegetable plot and a boules/petanque pitch.
For ease of maintenance, there is also an extensive rainwater collection and automatic watering system. Directly to the rear of the house is a large gravelled terrace (14m x 5m), perfect for outdoor dining, plus a covered seating area (4m x 3m or 13’ x 10’) which offers a shady spot for relaxing with a cool drink.
Other outbuildings include a workshop with power & lights (18 sq.m), Wooden Greenhouse /Shed (18 sq.m) and a Metal Mower Shed (6 sq.m).
ABOUT THE AREA
Within the village, amenities include two bars and restaurants, a medical centre (doctor’s surgery and pharmacy), a wonderful bakery, 2 primary schools, a hairdresser, garage and convenience store. Three market towns are each within a 10 minute drive and offer weekly markets, large supermarkets/DIY stores etc.A lovely popular location for this established ran family B&B all ready to go ....
Early viewing is recommended, we expect a lot of interest at this reduced price.