This property consisting of two houses set in over 10 acres (4.1 hectares) of land with 2 ponds is offered for sale in the Manche area of Normandy.
This substantial property (with a gite) offering approx 238 sq.m of living area comprises of the owners' accommodation and a second house or gîte with two en-suite bedrooms. Outside the land is level and mainly used for pasture. The pond area has been planted with coppice around it.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Dining Room 5.00 x 3.80m Glazed double doors and window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Fireplace with wood-burner. Built-in cupboard and shelves. Cupboard housing electrics. Door to stairs to first floor with cupboard under. Radiator.
- Kitchen 5.48 x 2.02m Radiator. Space and plumbing for washing machine or dishwasher. Space for free standing cooker. Double sink with mixer tap. Door to garden. 2 windows to the rear elevation. Door and opening to:
- Lounge 5.05 x 3.72m 2 windows to front elevation. Upright radiator. Tiled floor. Fireplace.
- Bedroom 1 4.60 x 2.21m Tiled floor. 2 windows to rear elevation. Upright radiator.
On the First Floor
- Landing Radiator. Exposed stone wall. Window to rear elevation. Shelving.
- Bedroom 2 6.11 x .05m Laminate flooring. Window to front, Velux window to front and rear elevations. 2 radiators. Inset spotlights. Vaulted ceiling. Exposed beams and stone.
- Bathroom 2.75 x 2.29m Heated towel rail. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. Hand basin. Velux window to rear elevation. Inset spotlights. WC.
- Bedroom 3 3.70 x 3.55m Laminate flooring. Window and Velux window to front elevation. Exposed stone and beams. High ceiling.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE GÎTE
On the ground floor
- "L" shaped Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.44 x 2.02m and 3.36 x 2.86m Tiled floor. Fitted base and wall units. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Electric oven and 4 ring hob with extractor over. Rolled edge worktops and tiled splash-backs. 2 radiators. Stairs to first floor. Sinks with mixer tap. Glazed door and window to west and glazed double doors to east elevations. Space for free standing fridge/freezer.
- Rear Lobby 1.82 x 1.35m Built-in cupboard to one wall. Electrics. Half glazed "stable" door to east elevation. Tiled floor.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. Pedestal basin. Radiator. Half tiled walls.
- Lounge/Dining Room 6.83 x 5.43m Laminate flooring. Small pane glazed double doors to south, 2 windows t9o west and 3 windows to east elevations. 3 radiators. Terrace.
On the First Floor
- Landing 3.05 x 2.60m Velux windows to south elevation. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling. Radiator. Cupboard.
- Master Bedroom 1 6.01 x 3.62m Glazed double doors to east elevation. Velux window. Radiator. Laminate flooring. 2 Walk-in wardrobes. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.83 x 1.71m Tiled floor. Bath with mixer tap. Half tiled walls. Tiled floor. WC. Heated towel rail. Velux window to west elevation. Pedestal basin.
- Bedroom 2 4.73 x 3.76m Glazed door to north and Velux window to east elevations. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling. Large built-in wardrobe to one wall. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.73 x 1.60m Pedestal basin. Velux window to west elevation. WC. Heated towel rail. Large walk-in shower.
- The two houses are accessed via a gravel drive with parking area.
- The garden is laid to lawn with mature trees, shrubs and flower borders. Vegetable garden.
- Timber Shed with open fronted field shelter.
- On the other side of the lane there is a large area of field, with planning to erect a building, and two ponds, one of which has been previously stocked with trout and the other has carp.
- Separate mains water, telephone and electricity are connected to each huose.
- Oil fired central heating in the gîte.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Drainage in the main house is to a septic tank and in the gîte there is an all water septic tank
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 1,600€ per annum
- VIDEO - available on request
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
This fantatsic property is situated on the outskirts of the town of Mortain where you will find shops, schools, doctors' surgeries, supermarkets, etc. and local walking, and fishing. Local village with many bars restaurants and shops. Weekly market on a Tuesday in Sourdeval, including Livestock. 20 mins to Bowling, sports centers and the 18 hole golf course and the forest of Saint Sever. Extensive recreational facilities can be found nearby including local waterfalls and walking clubs, canoeing and outdoor sports.
Major towns such as Caen, St Malo, St Lo, Falaise, Bayeux, Honfleur and Northern Brittany available for day trips. Normandy landing beaches are easily accessible. Suisse Normande and Spa towns 35 minutes drive. Choices of Golf Clubs with open availability for non members. Large French Mobile home site within 50 minutes for all resort facilities… pedaloes, canoe, football, fishing, pools with slides, snooker , entertainment. Sports centre with pool and slides, Go Karting and board park less than 15 minutes.
Beaches within an hour, river activities/ forests/ spa resort within 45 minutes. The nearest Airport is at Dinard (70 miles), Ferry Port at Caen (50 miles) and the nearest train station is at Vire (15 miles) from where you can take a fast train to Paris.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank