This renovated farm house with approx 2 acres of land with superb views and room for further extension is offered for sale near Mortain in the Normandy region in western France.
The property has been renovated by the present owners over the last 20 years and benefits from double glazed windows with pvc roller shutters, a centralised mechanical ventilation system, oil fired central heating (boiler replaced 10 years ago) and the wiring was updated in 1997. There is huge potential to extend the accommodation or create a gîte if required.
The house is conveniently situated between Mortain and Saint Hilaire de Harcouët. Nearest main facilities are to be found in the pretty town of Mortain with its Abbey, waterfalls, 11th century Chapel and panoramic view of Mont Saint Michel (about 10 minutes drive). This delightful town also offers a selection of Bars and Restaurants to suit all tastes and a wide range of shops together with a large supermarket. The medieval town of Domfront, with is narrow streets and ruined castle, also offers the same facilities within a 20 minute drive. Also Saint Hilaire du Harcouet is only 12 kms with a big weekly market.
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 4.94 x 4.79m Half glazed door and window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Matching range of oak base and wall units. Built-in electric oven and dishwasher. Sinks with mixer tap. Tiled worktops and splashbacks. Electric induction hob with extractor over. Exposed beams. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Old brick fireplace with wooden mantel (could be re-opened). Inset spotlights. Door to workshop. Built-in shelves. Central heating thermostat. Door to laundry room.
- Utility Room 4.08 x 3.40m Double doors to rear garden. Boiler. Double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap.
- Cloakroom WC. Tiled floor and partly tiled walls. Radiator.
- Bathroom 2.84 x 2.10m Obscure glazed window. Bidet. Pedestal basin. Bath with mixer tap and shower fitment. Tiled floor.
- Lounge/Dining Room 9.10 x 5.99m 2 windows and glazed sliding patio doors to front elevation. Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Granite fireplace with vents. Stairs to first floor. Exposed beams.
- Bedroom 1 3.62 x 3.03m Window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Door to -
- Shower Room 2.30 x 2.05m Shower. Tiled floor. Obscure glazed window to rear elevation. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Partly tiled walls. WC. VMC.
On the First Floor
- Mezzanine Study Area Laminate flooring. Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 2 4.11 x 3.25m Tiled floor. Glazed door to front elevation and Juliette balcony. Radiator.
- Cloakroom 3.36 x 2.01m Window to rear elevation. Pedestal basin. Radiator. Tiled floor. VMC. Space for bath.
- Bedroom 3 4.32 x 3.04m Laminate flooring. Glazed door to front elevation and Juliette balcony. Radiator. Door to -
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.16 x 1.85m Tiled floor. VMC. Tiled walls. Bath with mixer tap and shower fitment. Obscure glass window to rear elevation. Radiator. Vanity unit.
Attached to House
- Laundry Room 4.64 x 2.05m Window to front elevation. Door to kitchen. Plumbing for washing machine. Electrics. Door to -
- Workshop 3.47 x 2.99m Window to front elevation. Door to -
- Wine Cellar 3.57 x 1.97m Window to rear elevation.
- Double Garage 9.08 x 3.71m Concrete floor. PVC folding door and pedestrian door to front elevation. Well water cylinder. Oil storage tank. Door to workshop. Electric meter. Stairs to -
- Loft Storage Area (games room) 2 large Velux windows to front elevation which had a new roof 3 years ago. Remaining roof protection filmed with an 8 year guarantee remaining.
- 2 further rooms with wood flooring and Velux windows to front elevation.
- Tarmac drive leading to parking and turning area and to double garage.
- Attached lean-to Log store 5.08 x 2.80m.
- Paddock. Orchard with apple, pear and cherry trees. Direct access to bridleway.
- In the front of the house is a large terrace on two levels.
- Mature hedges and flower borders.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected
- Oil fired central heating
- Broadband internet connection
- Drainage is to a septic tank installed in 1997
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: