This lovely stone house sits in an enviable position surrounded by its own land of approx. 5 acres, with no near neighbours. The property was re-roofed in 2010 and has had new pvc windows and doors, 2 new woodburners, and has been re-pointed. The house is immaculately presented and has light and airy accommodation with the benefit of a downstairs en-suite bedroom with independent access if required.
Outside, there's stabling, menage and paddocks with a huge barn to the rear of the stables which would lend itself to further stabling or even for a classic car collection! The barn nearest the house offers potential to create a gîte if required and subject to planning.
The property is situated near a village with a bar/restaurant/shop, hairdresser and garage and is not far from Passais Villages with local shops. Le Teilleul (AT 5km) with a small supermarket, BAKER, chemist, butcher and other shops, schools and doctor's surgery. A local small market is held on Thursdays.
On the ground floor
- Open Plan Sitting Room/Dining Room/Kitchen 10.19 x 5.92m 2 windows and partly glazed door to front and 2 windows to rear elevations. Tiled floor. Inset spotlights. Exposed granite wall and fireplace with wood-burner incorporating an oven. 3 radiators. Range of matching base and wall units incorporating built-in fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Central island unit. Double stainless steel sink with mixer tap. 4 ring electric hob with extractor over. Built-in oven. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Display units. Stairs to first floor.
- Lounge 6.50 x 5.92m Partly glazed double doors and 2 windows to front elevation. Galleried ceiling. Exposed beams. 2 radiators. Granite fireplace with wood-burner.
- Bedroom 1 3.17 x 2.96m 2 windows to east and small window to front elevations. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Exposed stone wall. Radiator.
- En-Suite Shower Room Tiled floor. Shower. WC. Pedestal basin. Inset spotlights. Heated towel rail. Built-in cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Tiled walls.
- Hall Door to outside. Electrics. Tiled floor.
- Boiler Room Space and plumbing for washing machine.
On the First Floor
- Landing Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Exposed beams.
- Master Bedroom 4.47 x 3.20m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Sloping ceiling. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.39 x 2.24m Corner bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Corner shower. Pedestal basin. WC with shower attachement. Heated towel rail. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beam. Partly tiled walls. Velux window to rear elevation.
- Bedroom 3 3.16 x .26m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Exposed beams.
- Bedroom 4 3.68 x 2.84m Cupboard housing electric meter. Radiator. Exposed "A" frame. Sloping ceiling. Window to front elevation.
- Bathroom 2.20 x 2.17m Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. WC with shower attachment. Pedestal basin. Heated towel rail. Velux window to rear elevation. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams.
- A long drive leads to a gravel parking and turning area and the garden to front laid to lawn. Pizza oven with seating area and pergola.
- Large Barn divided into 4 storage areas with hayloft over - ideal for converting into a gîte, subject to obtaining the necessary planning permission.
- Barn 23.00 x 17.00m Constructed of block under a Fibro cement roof. 2 large pedestrian doors to front and sliding door to rear elevations.
- Stables with water and electricity connected. Block and timber construction under corrugated iron roof 4 stables approximately 3.60 x 3.60m - 2 with concrete floor and rubber matting over Overhang to front. Outside tap.
- The field opposite the stables is divided into 4 paddocks. One large, a smaller paddock to the side and the top of the field has a paddock with a small paddock in its centre so horses can graze around it. The field at the front of the house is currently a hay field.
- Fenced Menage 30.00 x 17.00 (used mainly for turn-out). Drainage, stone and sand.
- Detached Open Fronted Barn for hay storage. Constructed of cob and timber under a corrugated iron roof. 2 bay tractor shed attached. Attached chicken shed.
- Mains electricity and water are connected.
- Oil fired central heating with 2 multifuel woodburners.
- Broadband connection has both a 5g connection and 2g connection, so internet is never lost.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
- Taxes Foncières : 825€ per annum
- Rare opportunity, it sell quickly ... enquire today!
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
This equestrian property is situated near a village with a bar/restaurant/shop, hairdresser and garage and is not far from Passais Villages with local shops (3km) Le Teilleul (5km) with a small supermarket, boulangerie, chemist, butcher and other shops, schools and doctor's surgery. A local small market is held on Thursdays.
The closest airport is at Rennes (82 km) with Dinard Airport (88 km), Angers Airport (118 km), or Deauville Airport (118 km). The ferry port at Caen Ouistreham is 1 hour and 43 minutes drive and Cherbourg is 2 hours and 25 minutes.
The medieval town of Domfront and St Hilaire du Harcouët with all amenities are only a short distance away. The famous fortified church and UNESCO heritage site, MONT ST MICHEL, is only 40 minutes away and the port of ST. MALO a bit further along the coast.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: