This beautiful detached house with studio and large garden of approx 3700 sq.m is located in the Manche department of Normandy. A real "Homes and Gardens" style house which must be viewed to be appreciated. The property has been considerably improved by the current owner which includes new double glazed windows with shutters on the ground floor, rewiring, new bathrooms on the first floor, custom made wardrobes to the master bedroom and a superb fitted Mobalpa kitchen.
The house would be ideal for someone wishing to work from home in a studio or offices or to finish converting the Triplex into a gîte. The rooms are spacious and there is a delightful blend of character features and modern fittings. The old bakery also offers possibilities for renovation into additional accommodation, subject to planning.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 6.07 x 4.07 Window and glazed door to front elevation. Mobalpa cream kitchen with range of base and wall units and island unit, black granite worktops, built-in wine rack. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Pelmet lighting. Laminate flooring. Stairs to first floor with cupboard under. Exposed stone walls. Inset spotlights. Built-in microwave. (Everhot electric Rayburn can be purchased if required). Built-in Siemens dishwasher. 1 1/4 bowl sink with mixer tap. Radiator. 2 windows to rear elevation one having window seat. Telephone socket.
- Lounge 5.90 x 4.47 Granite fireplace with raised hearth and display niches. Exposed stone walls. Terracotta tiled floor. Built-in book shelving. 2 radiators. Exposed beams.
- Dining Room 5.81 x 5.44 Glazed double doors and small door to front elevation. 2 radiators. Built-in shelves. Exposed beams.
- Stairs to first floor. Inner Hall Quarry tiled floor.
- Stairs to separate studio/apartment. Utility Room 2.98 x 2.68 Wall mounted boiler. Window to rear elevation. Under stairs cupboard. Sink unit. Exposed beams.
- Study 2.46 x 2.37m Window to the front elevation. Radiator. Exposed beams. Built in desk and shelving. Door to -
- Shower room 3 x 1.30 Window to front elevation. Toilet. Vanity unit. Exposed beam. Heated electric towel rail. Large walk in shower with rain shower and lights. Extractor fan. Laminate floor.
On the First Floor
- Landing (via stairs from dining room). Door to remaining landing. Radiator. Exposed beams. Spotlights.
- Door to stairs to loft (room to create an additional bedroom, if required and an en-suite bathroom for the bedroom in the Triplex).
- Master Bedroom 5.27 x 4.75 Purpose built wardrobes to one wall with sliding doors. Exposed beams. 2 radiators. 2 windows to front elevation. Door to -
- En-Suite Shower Room 3.25 x 1.87 Window to front elevation. 2 built-in cupboards. Inset spotlights. Suspended toilet and bidet. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Heated towel rail. Large walk-in shower. Landing (via stairs from kitchen).
- Family Bathroom 2.79 x 2.72 Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. Shower. Toilet. Pedestal basin. Heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 2.96 x 2.77 Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 3 3.64 x 3.15 Window to front elevation. Radiator. Built-in wardrobe and drawers.
TRIPLEX APARTMENT/OFFICE/GÎTE (on three floors)
- Kitchen Area 4.42 x 3.42 PVC glazed door and side panels (with electric roller shutter) to east elevation giving access to garden. Telephone socket. Tiled floor.
- Stairs to living room. Radiator. Window to front elevation.
- Cloakroom Window to front elevation. Hand basin. Toilet.
- Living Room 6.13 x 4.03 Telephone socket. Laminate flooring. Velux window to front and 2 to the rear elevations. Window to front elevation. 2 radiators.
- Stairs to - Bedroom 4.90 x 3.40 Door to loft (ample space to create bathroom). Sloping ceilings. 2 Velux windows to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Telephone socket.
- Double wrought iron gates lead to gravel drive and parking area. Paved patio with electric sun blind.
- The garden is mainly laid to lawn with established flower borders and shrubs and enclosed by mature trees. Pond.
- Separate Detached Barn 30 x 4m (which was originally an old bakery) part open fronted and with slate roof. Attached wood store.
- Attached to the old bakery is a wood store/shed.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Broadband internet connection is available.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Security alarm system.
- Tax fonciere is 1018 euros/annum
- Plot size approx 3700 sq.m
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
The property is situated between the towns of Percy-en-Normandie and Hambye. The pretty market town of Percy has a supermarket, many shops and numerous bars and restaurants and hosts a market on Saturdays selling fresh farm produce. The larger market town of Villedieu Les Poeles, approx. 8 minutes drive away, has an indoor swimming pool and a large weekly market selling everything from food to clothing.
It is just over 10 minutes drive from Villedieu-les-Poêles and is conveniently situated just off the main road from the ferries (A84) - 7 km - and it is less than 90 minutes from Cherbourg and an hour from Caen Ouistreham. Dieppe is about a 3 1/2 hour drive and Calais is about 4 1/2 hours drive. The nearest airports are at Caen Carpiquet and Dinard. The nearest beach is at Granville which is 25 minutes to the west and Mont St. Michel, Bayeux and Avranches are all within an hour’s drive.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Nationality of Owners: