Attractive stone house with 3/4 acre garden, a garage and pond in secluded position in the Orne area of Normandy. The house is approximately 30 years old and benefits from double glazed windows, a downstairs bedroom and shower room and three first floor bedrooms.
What makes this property different is not only what it consists of but it’s positioning in the Normandy landscape. The peace and tranquillity of the area makes it an ideal setting to ‘get away from it all’ and is a perfect place for quiet reflection.
The property is well served by local shops and restaurants at Putange-Pont-Ecrépin just 3km away. Within a few minutes' drive is Falaise and Clécy in the heart of the area known as Swiss Normandy. The D-Day landing beaches are within an hour's drive.
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall Partly glazed door and window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Convector heater. Stairs to first floor. Partly glazed double doors to:
- Lounge/Dining Room 7.64 x 3.77m Partly glazed double doors to front and window to rear elevations. Electric radiator and convector heater. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Brick fireplace with wood-burner. Partly glazed double doors to:
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 4.15 x 3.99m Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Convector heater. Range of matching base and wall units including display unit. Built-in oven. Sink with mixer tap. 4 ring gas hob with extractor over. Worktops and splash-backs. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Exposed beams.
- Utility Room 2.87 x 2.01m (min) Window to rear elevation. Double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for free standing freezer. Tiled floor. Door to garage.
- Shower Room Shower. Vanity unit withy mirror and light over. Vent.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC.
- Study/Bedroom 1 3.54 x 3.25m Window to front elevation. Convector heater. Partly glazed double doors from entrance hall.
On the First Floor
- Landing Hatch to loft.
- Master Bedroom 6.49 x 3.37m Window to front and east elevations. Eaves storage space. Convector heater. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 3 3.30 x 2.06m Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Eaves storage space. Convector heater.
- Shower Room 3.59 x 1.63m Velux window to front elevation. Corner shower. WC. Pedestal basin. Convector heater. Sloping ceiling. Eaves storage space.
- Bedroom 4 3.52 (min) x 2.62m Window to rear elevation. Sloping ceiling. Convector heater. Eaves storage space.
- Storage Space 4.04 x 1.29m
- Mature trees on boundaries. The garden is laid to lawn. Pond. Shed.
- Attached Garage 8.24 x 3.03m - Double doors to the front elevation. 2 Windows to the east elevation. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Electric heating.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 963€ per annum.
- Taxe d’habitation : 671€ per annum (unless the property is your main home)
- Video link on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
This French property is set at the southern end of Swiss Normandy; an area of outstanding natural beauty and a popular tourist destination. The nearest town is Falaise, which is the ancestral home of William the Conqueror. It is near a large lake through which flows the River Orne. The lake is used, amongst other things, for water-skiing, canoeing and fishing and there is a choice of two restaurants on the lakeside.
Travel from the port of Caen (Ouistreham) to the property is a mere 55 minutes. Paris is only 2 hours to the east and the lovely old town of Bayeux and the Normandy beaches are just an hour to the north. It is also en route south (A88) for Le Mans, Tours and the South of France, with Brittany just a couple of hours away to the west.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: