This lovely south exposed detached Maison de Maître property with nearly 2 acres and numerous outbuildings in Normandy, is situated a short bus ride or drive to a major market Town with all amenities. This property has 7 bedrooms (3 of which have en-suite bathrooms) and has previously been run as a successful B&B with 4 letting rooms and rates of 60€ per room per night off-peak and 75€ per room per night in peak season.
The property benefits from geothermal heating, double glazed windows, and numerous outbuildings one of which has potential to convert to a gîte (subject to planning). There is potential to live sustainably with fruit trees and vegetable garden, 2 small paddocks and outbuildings. It would also suit a large family or someone wishing to work from home.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 7.00 x 1.82m Partly glazed double doors to front elevation with top openers. Tiled floor. Radiator. Stairs to first floor.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. Vanity unit.
- Lounge/Dining Room 7.00 x 4.69m Window to front and rear elevations. Open marble fireplace. Tiled floor. 2 radiators. Part wood panelled walls. Ceiling rose. Cupboard with shelving and electric meter.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.05 x 4.34m Window to front elevation Tiled floor. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Built-in cupboard with shelving. Telephone socket. Radiator. Part wood panelled walls. Double ceramic sink with matching base and wall units. 4 ring hob - 1 electric and 3 gas. Built-in oven. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Space for free standing fridge/freezer.
- Utility Room 4.79 x 1.81m Window and door to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Ceramic sink unit. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer. Radiator.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Stairs to second floor.
- Bedroom 1 4.69 x 2.23m Wood flooring. Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 2 5.05 x 4.34m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Fireplace. Door to: En-Suite Shower Room Shower. WC. Vanity unit. Extractor. Fully tiled.
- Bedroom 3 4.63 x 4.61m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Door to: En-Suite Bathroom 1.86 x 1.73m Window to front elevation. Fully tiled. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Radiator. Vanity unit. WC.
- Bedroom 4 4.69 x 2.23m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Door to: En-Suite Shower Room Extractor fan. Fully tiled. Corner shower with jets. Vanity unit. WC.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Hatch to loft space.
- Bedroom 5 4.75 x .52m Window to west and 2 windows to rear elevations. Radiator.
- Bedroom 6 4.75 x 3.47m Window to west and 2 windows to front elevations. Radiator.
- Bathroom 2.49 x 1.80m Window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Hand basin. Bidet. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and screen and tiled surround. WC. Radiator.
- Bedroom 7 7 x 4.69m 2 windows to east and 2 windows to front and rear elevations. Original wood flooring. 2 radiators. Plumbing for en-suite bathroom.
In the basement
- External stairs down to basement at present used for storage. Electrics. Granite fireplace. Well water cylinder. Cave/Wine cellar. Insulated. Geothermal boiler.
- Tarmac drive and enclosed, part walled garden, laid to lawn with mature shrubs and flower borders. Mature trees. Well. Parking and turning areas. Outside lights.
- Block built Garage 10.00 x 5.11m (max) Wooden sliding door to front elevation. Slate roof. Fireplace. (Ideal for conversion into gîte, subject to planning).
- Soft fruit and vegetable garden. Variety of fruit trees including pear, apples and cherry. Walnut tree.
- 2 Storey Separate Detached Barn constructed of cob, timber and corrugated iron. Attached Open Fronted Store.
- 2 paddocks. 7 small cob barns including one with cider press.
- Open fronted 3 bay barn.
- Chicken house. Rabbit hutches.
- Old block built dairy with corrugated iron roof and Fibro cement roof. Used for Workshop with sandblasting/spray booth wit two timber sliding doors to front elevation, garaging and storage.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Well water is also connected for use in the house.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Ground source energy geothermal central heating.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Taxes Foncières : About 1,600€ per annum
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated on the edge of Saint Hilaire du Harcouët Town centre and just over 1 hour from Saint Malo and the ferry port. Just up the road is the picturesque town of St Hilaire du Harcouet with one of the biggest markets in the area on a Wednesday morning which takes over most of the town centre. The town has all amenities including some great restaurants, bars, and cafes. It also has a park with two adjoining lakes and a childrens' playground. There is an indoor pool with a spa and a water slide. Crazy golf is available with clubs and balls for hire from a nearby bar.
The town of Mortain 20 minutes away offers a great outdoor pool, stunning scenery and beautiful waterfalls. It is 3 minutes away from the Normandy/Brittany border and is set in the countryside. It is within easy access of the main ferry ports, Cherbourg, Ouistreham (Caen), and St Malo (at most 1.5 hours drive) and Le Havre (about 2.5 hours). The nearest mainline train station is at Vire (30 minutes away) with regular trains to Paris taking about 2 hours and 35 minutes.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Nationality of Owners: