This superb stone Normandy longère set in half an acre plot has been completely renovated by French Artisans in 2008 and has a high quality finish. It has spacious family accommodation in the main house and an attached two bedroom gîte, both offering all the comforts of modern day living including double glazed windows, oil fired central heating, recent electrics with data wiring for the internet.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 3.29 x 3.16m Glazed door and side panels to front elevation. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Radiator. Electric panel radiator.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. Hand basin. WC.
- Utility Room 2.92 x 2.41m Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for American style fridge.
- Kitchen 5.47 x 2.90m Window and partly glazed door to rear elevation. Range of matching base and wall units. Stainless steel sinks with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. 4 ring gas hob. With extractor over. Space for fridge /freezer. Built-in double oven. Radiator.
- Boiler Room 2.63 x 1.95m Geminox boiler and oil storage tank. Tiled floor. Electrics.
- Dining Room 8.89 x 4.04m (max) Glazed double doors and side panels and 2 windows to front opening onto patio. Tiled floor. 2 radiators. Telephone socket. Exposed beam. Fireplace with wood-burner.
- Lounge 6.20 x 4.27m Glazed double doors to south and 2 small windows to rear elevations. Radiator. Ornamental electric fire. Electric panel radiator.
On the First Floor
- Mezzanine Study Area 3.59 x 3.08m Laminate flooring. Velux window to rear elevation. Radiator. Hatch to loft.
- Master Bedroom 4.31 x 4.24m Laminate flooring. Radiator. Window to front elevation. Built-in wardrobes. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 4.31 x 1.40m Velux window to rear elevation. Shower. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Tiled floor. WC. Heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 5.14 x 3.23m Laminate flooring. Exposed beams. Window to front elevation. Radiator. Recess for wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3/Study 3.24 x 3.18m Window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Rasdiator.
- Bedroom 4 6.22 x 2.88m Window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator. Velux window to rear elevation.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. Extractor
- Family Bathroom 5.30 x 1.90m Velux window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. Shower. Vanity unit. Heated towel rail.
ACCOMMODATION IN THE GÎTE (attached) :
On the ground floor
Open Plan Lounge/Dining Room/Kitchen 6.20 x 5.81m Glazed door and window to front elevation. 2 convector heaters. Ornamental fireplace (cannot be used). Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Range of matching base units. Space for under counter fridge. Built-in oven and 4 ring gas hob. Sinks with mixer tap. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Cupboard housing electrics. Cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Hatch to loft.
- Bedroom 1 5.87 x 1.73m Exposed beams. Convector heater. Telephone socket. Wood flooring. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 2 3.81 x 2.26m Velux window to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Exposed beams. Convector heater. Loping ceiling.
- Shower Room Sloping ceiling. Velux window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Pedestal basin. Shower. Extractor.
- Cloakroom WC. Extractor. Wood floor.
- A wooden 5 bar gate leads to gravel drive, parking and turning area.
- The garden is laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs. Patio. Well.
- To the rear of the property is a small stone barn 4.40 x 2.35m with sloping tiled roof. Door to east and west elevations.
- Separate Detached Stone Barn 14.00 x 5.40m Tiled roof. Double wooden doors to front and ramp to garage section. Concrete floor. Power and light. Workshop area and wood store. 4 windows to front elevation. Fireplace.
- Separate Detached Bread Oven used as outside seating area.
- Mains water, electricity, broadband and telephone are connected.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank believed to have been installed in 2005.
- Heating is provided by a woodburner and oil fired central heating in the main house and electric heating in the gîte.
- Taxes Foncières : 1,162 €uros per annum
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
The property is located outside in a quiet rural hamlet, outside a village which offers a bakery and hairdresser. It is close to the Normandy/Brittany border in the Manche area of Normandy. The house is a 10 minute drive from either Fougerolles-du-Plessis with local amenities or the bustling market town of St. Hilaire du Harcouet with Normandy’s largest farmer’s market. Brittany’s Emerald Coast offering beautiful beaches is just 40 minutes away.
The UNESCO heritage site of Mont St Michel is 42 km. The ferry port at Dinard is just over 1 hour’s drive and Caen Ouistreham is 70 km. The closest airport is at Rennes (75 km) and slightly further afield are Dinard Airport (82 km), Angers Airport (117 km), or Deauville Airport (125 km).
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Returning to the UK
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: