Character detached house with delightful gardens and spacious accommodation for sale in the Normandy region of France. The property offers spacious accommodation with delightful gardens, orchard and paddocks. There is 5 bedroom family accommodation with further possibilities of creating additional living space if required. The house is situated in a quiet rural hamlet with a footpath leading directly from the lane.
ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall : 4.69m x 2.14m - Beams. Exposed stone (painted). Terracotta tiled floors. Radiator. Stairs with cupboard under. Door to front.
- Shower room : 2.32m x 1.96m - Tiled floor. Hand basin. Window to the rear elevation. Radiator. Toilet. Corner shower.
- Kitchen : 2.74m x 4.90m - Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Window to the front elevation. Plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Wall mounted combi-boiler. Space for freestanding ¾ range style cooker. Electrics.
- Utility : 2.69m x 6.36m - Tiled floor. Exposed stone and beams. Opening in to -
- Studio : 6.36m x 4.93m - Painted stone walls. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. 2 windows to the front elevation.
- Dining Room : 6.93m x 3.56m - Window to the front elevation. 2 Radiators. Window to the rear elevation. Terracotta tiled floor.
- Lounge : 5.11m x 5.65m - 2 windows to the front elevation. 1 window to the North West elevation. Cupboard with electric. Fireplace with wood surround and mantle. Terracotta tiles. Beams. 2 radiators. Opening in to -
- Study area : 5.11m x 1.13m - Radiator. Window to the rear elevation. Terracotta floor tiles. Telephone socket.
On the first floor
- Landing : Wood floor. Window to the front elevation. Radiator. Stairs to second floor. Access to loft space with drop down ladder.
- Shower room : 2.39m x 1.83m - Velux window to the rear elevation and large picture window overlooking the private garden. Vanity Unit. Toilet. Heated towel rail. Shower.
- Bedroom 1 : 2.70m x 5.03m - Window to the front elevation. Radiator. Window and half glazed "stable" door to the rear elevation giving access to walled private garden from which access can be gained to the first floor level of the attached barn above the studio.
- Bedroom 2 : 3.85m x 3.47m - Window to the front elevation. Radiator.
- Dressing Room : 1.39m x 3.21m - Sloping ceiling. (Off landing)
- Bedroom 3 : 3.30m x 2.59m - Window to the North West elevation. Wood floor. Radiator. Beams.
- Bedroom 4 : 5.05m x 2.95m - 2 windows to the front elevation. Beams. Wood floor.
On the second floor
- Bedroom 5 : 4.84m x 5.34m - 2 windows to the North West elevation. Wood floor. Radiator. Exposed beams. Sloping ceiling.
- Secret Garden : (rear) access from bedroom to enclosed garden which is laid to lawn with fruit trees and part walled terrace. Shrubs.
- From here there is access to the barn with hayloft with garage/workshop and stable under.
- There is also access to the first floor level of the studio which has 2 openings to front elevation. 1 opening to the South East. Window and door to the rear elevation. Wood floor. Exposed stone walls.
- To the front of the property there is gravel parking and a patio area with mature hedges and shrubs.
- Park like garden with wood shed and mature shrubs and trees. Orchard.
- Orchard Garden : Laid to lawn. Mature trees and shrubs. Bay, Redcurrant, pear, cherry, apple and hazel trees.
- 2 wells used for watering.
- To the rear of the property - Orchard. Small field shelter. Paddocks. Vegetable garden
- The property has mains water, electricity and telephone.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Partial secondary double glazing.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Satellite internet connection.
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
The town is located in the department of Manche in Basse-Normandie, in the north-west of France. It is part of the district of Saint-Lô which has all amenities and is about 8km from the property. Closer at hand is the pretty village of Pont Herbert which sits on the banks of the river Vire and offers day to day facilities.
The Normandy landing beaches are 27km from the property and Paris is 251km (accessible by train from Saint-Lô). The channel tunnel at Calais is 288km. There is easy access to the ports at Caen-Ouistreham and Cherbourg. The nearest airports are at Caen-Carpiquet and Deauville St Gatien.
Ideal for gardeners, walkers and nature lovers!
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Old septic tank which needs updating
Tank in the garden
Nationality of Owners: