Some parts of this stunning property are believed to date back 1,000 years, with a large part re-built in the 16th and 17th centuries, today it's is one of an exclusive courtyard development of 5 properties.. It was surrounded by a moat and accessed by a bridge over the moat - you can still see the grooves of the drawbridge and a pedestrian gate entrance with the gatehouse above. The moat was probably filled in in the 1950's and the only remaining section is now a pond.
The chateau has been lovingly and sympathetically renovated by the present owners over the 12 years to offer superb modern living amenities with character features. The bedrooms have been renovated to offer stylish en-suite facilities for each room. The property has massive potential to create further living accommodation and be run as a luxury B&B or a fabulous family home.
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 4.09 x 1.78m Oak doors to front of property. Slate flooring. Exposed stone walls Stairs to first floor. Exposed beams.
- Lounge 5.02 x 4.10m Slate flooring. Window to front elevation. Exposed beams. Ornate fireplace with wood-burner. 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 1 3.48 x 3.42m 2 windows to south elevation. Slate flooring. Radiator. Glazed double doors to front elevation. Built-in shelves. Built-in cupboard. Cupboard housing electrics. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 1.60 x 1.46m Pedestal basin. WC. Corner “rain” shower. Inset spotlights. Slate and wood flooring. Extractor.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 6.49 (max) x 5.12m Window to front and rear elevations.. Slate flooring. Exposed beams. Fireplace with wood-burner. Upright radiator. Range of built-in base units with butler sink and mixer tap. Display cupboard. Space for range style cooker with tiled splashback and extractor hood over.
- Inner Hall Slate flooring. Door to rear elevation.
- Utility Area Slate flooring. Space and plumbing for washing machine.
- Dining Room 6.39 x 5.07m Glazed door and window to front and window to north elevations. Exposed stone wall. Slate flooring. Radiator. Exposed beams. Stairs to first floor.
- Cloakroom Slate flooring. WC. Hand basin.
On the First Floor
- Landing (via stairs from dining room) Window to front elevation with window seat. Hatch to loft space. Linen cupboard.
- Bedroom 2 5.31 x 5.18m (max) Window to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Access to spiral staircase to gate tower. Wiring for electric radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Pedestal basin. WC. Large “rain” shower.
- Bedroom 3 5.31 x 5.26m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Large walk-in shower. Extractor fan. Tiled floor and walls. WC. Pedestal basin. Inset spotlights.
- 2nd Landing (via stairs from entrance hall) Exposed stone wall. Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. Exposed beams.
- Bedroom 4 5.40 x 4.44m Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. Fireplace. Exposed beams. Radiator. Door to:
- Dressing Room 2.10 x 1.76m Window to rear elevation. Wood flooring.
- En-Suite Bathroom Wood and tiled floor. Window to front elevation. Slipper bath with claw feet, mixer tap/shower fitment. Twin pe4destal hand basins. WC. 2 heated towel rails/radiators. “Rain” shower. Inset spotlights. Exposed beams. Extractor fan.
- Gravel parking area and courtyard.
- 2 storey barns 20.00 x 8.74m With arched doors and vaulted arches used for storage.
- Enclosure with gravel drive to open fronted car/caravan port.
- Stable area with post and rail sand turnout area and concrete wash area with drain and tap.
- 2 internal stables with stairs to loft over:
- Stable 1 3.68 x 3.58m
- Stable 2 3.69 x 3.60m
- Tack Room/Feed Store and log store.
- Enclosed garden with well. Orchard. Old Bakery and cob stables/pig sties.
- Part of original moat with decking seating area. Gravel courtyard to the front of the house with flower and shrub borders.
- 2 storey barns 22.00 x 6.69m
- 2 level paddocks.
- Mains drainage, water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Oil fired central heating with 2 woodburners.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 490 € per annum
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated in a quiet position within walking distance of the local village and the nearest market town is Saint-Lô (25km) . It has easy access to Bayeux and the D-Day Landing Beaches. The UNESCO heritage site of Mont St Michel, a must see for anyone visiting Normandy and is just a short distance along the coast (about 85km). It is almost equidistant from the ferry ports at Cherbourg and Caen Ouistreham. It is a 4 hour drive from Calais.
An Early viewing is highly recommended! Video Tour available on request.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Returning to the UK
Condition of Roof:
Connected to mains town system
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: