This superb and spacious village house standing in landscaped gardens of over 1 acre is ideally situated within walking distance to the village centre with amenities including post office, supermarket and school, but in a quiet residential position....
The house lends itself to use as a B&B or large family house or could be altered to provide a self-contained apartment. And there's a beautiful office space for those working from home.
The original part of the house is believed to have been built in 1942 and was extended more recently. It offers versatile accommodation and benefits from secondary double glazed windows with roller shutters, which are time controlled on the ground floor, and an alarm system.
On the ground floor
- Entrance hall : 4.26m x 4.16m - Door to the rear elevation. 2 radiators. Marble staircase. Door to basement. Built in storage cupboards. Telephone socket.
- Sitting room : 3.64m x 3.53m - Window to the rear elevation. Radiator. Coved ceiling and ceiling rose. Built in cupboards either side of the sliding doors to -
- Studio bedroom : 4.66m x 3.14m - Double aspect with windows to the south east and south west elevation. Cornice and ceiling rose. Studio bed built into wardrobe.
- Cloakroom : Window to the front elevation. Toilet.
- Laundry room : 3.02m x 2.10m - Window to the front elevation. Vanity unit.
- Lounge/Dining room : 7.45m x 4.22m - Glazed French doors and window to the rear elevation. 2 radiators. Marble fireplace. Cornice and ceiling rose. Parquet floor. Door from entrance hall and kitchen.
- Kitchen/breakfast room : 8.37m x 6.49m - 1/2 glazed doors to one wall leading on to the terrace. Window to the south west elevation. Stained glass window to the south east elevation. Tiled floor. Open Granite fire. Exposed stone and beams. 4 radiators. Range of solid wood bespoke base and wall units with part-tiled worktops. Full height units to one wall. Space for undercounter fridge and freezer. Pull out breakfast bar. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Single bowl stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Built in electric oven; 5 ring gas hob with extractor hood and fridge. Door to side garden.
- Inner hall : Window overlooking the terrace. Door to basement. Built in cupboards. Stairs to first floor. Tiled floor. Radiator.
- Study : 4.07m x 2.88m - Window overlooking terrace and rear garden. Radiator. Telephone socket. Door from inner hall. Marble floor.
- 2nd entrance hall : 6.20m x 1.44m - Glazed door and side panel to the east elevation. Built in cupboard housing electrics. Radiator. Display niche. Marble floor.
- Bedroom 1 : 3.54m x 3.06m - Glazed double doors and window to the rear terrace. Radiator. Built-in wardrobes and shelving.
- Room : 4m x 3.04m - Double aspect with windows to the east and rear elevations. Tiled floor. Radiator.
- Shower room : 1/2 tiled walls. Pedestal hand basin. Toilet. Electric heater. Walk-in shower. Extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2 : Double aspect with windows to the north west and south west elevations. Built-in cupboards. 2 radiators. Marble floor.
On the first floor
- Landing : Velux windows to the north west, south east and north east elevations. Built in cupboards. 2 radiators.
- Master bedroom : 5.68m x 5.16m - 2 windows to the south west elevation and 1 to the north west elevation. Exposed beams. Undereaves storage cupboard. 2 radiators. Door to -
- Ensuite bathroom : Velux window to the north east elevation. Twin vanity unit. Bath with mixer tap and marble surround. Trap to loft. Dressing area with built in wardrobe with mirror fronted doors. Cloakroom with velux window to the north east elevation.
- Separate dressing room : Velux window to the north east elevation. Shelving. Radiator.
- Bedroom 4 : 3.98m x 3.5m - 2 windows to the south west elevation. Sloping ceiling. Built-in vanity area with vanity unit and marble surround. Radiator. Built-in wardrobes.
- Library/Games room : 6.27m x 3.45m - 2 velux windows to the north east elevation and window to the rear elevation. Built-in cupboards and shelving. Built-in wardrobe. 2 radiators.
- Bathroom : Velux window to the south west elevation. Tiled floor. Built-in cupboard. Pedestal hand basin. Hip bath with shower over. Radiator. Sloping ceiling.
- "L" shaped living room/games room/office : 5.86m x 3.74m and 4.02m x 3m - 2 velux windows to the south west elevation, 1 to the south east and window to the rear elevation. Built in shelving. Part parquet floor. 3 radiators. Sloping ceilings. Display shelving. Telephone socket.
- Cloakroom : Velux window to the south east elevation. Tiled floor. Toilet.
In the basement
- A sliding door to the rear of the property leads to the 3 car garage.
- Wood storage area. Door to occasional bedroom.
- Wine cellar with soil floor.
- Utility area with double enamel sink and mixer tap.
- Bath with shower attachement. Plumbing for washing machine.
- Boiler room - hot water cylinder. Ceramic sink. Boiler. Dark room - 5.50m x 3.02m.
The gardens are a particular feature of the property. They offer a high degree of privacy and extend to over 1 acre of landscaped grounds with mature trees, shrubs and specimen plants. There is a large terrace which has steps down to the garden. Vegetable garden.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to a septic tank.
- Heating is provided by an oil fired central heating boiler (currently broken).
- Separate hot water cylinder (replaced in 2014).
ABOUT THE AREA
This house is ideally situated within walking distance to the village centre with amenities including post office, supermarket and school, but in a quiet residential position. It is about 1 1/4 hours drive from the ferry port at Caen and 15 minutes from Vire.
The nearest beach is at Granville which is about 50 minutes drive to the west and Mont St Michel, Bayeux and the landing beaches are within easy driving distance. The forest of Saint-Sever is about a 10 minute drive, together with the Lac de la Dathée and an 18 hole golf course.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Needs some attention
Old septic tank which needs updating
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: