This delightful south exposed family house set in an acre with superb views is situated less than 5 minutes drive to the nearest town of Saint Pois, 10 minutes drive to the market town of Sourdeval and 15 minutes drive to Vire in Normandy (Western France).
The property benefits from a pleasant outlook over the valley and woods. There are new kitchens and bathrooms and secondary double glazing throughout with electrically operated shutters and oak window frames. The house would lend itself to use as a B&B or substantial family home. There is one and a quarter acres of well maintained land with outbuildings and a pool area with above ground heated swimming pool.
On the ground floor :
- Lounge 5.45 x 5.5.14. Partly glazed door and window to front and window to rear elevations. 2 radiators. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor with shelving under. Granit fireplace with raised hearth and inset wood-burner. Exposed beams.
- Dining Room 5.95 x 4.32m Window to east and front elevations. 2 radiators. Tiled floor.
- Inner Hall Partly glazed door to rear elevation. Tiled floor.
- Cloakroom Laminate flooring. WC. Vent. Vanity unit. Partly tiled walls.
- Shower Room 1.93 x 1.40m Obscure glazed window to west elevation. Heated towel rail. Tiled floor and partly tiled walls. Extractor. Shower with jets. Vanity unit with mirror and light over.
- Kitchen 3.08 x 3.07m Window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Granite fireplace. Range of fitted base and wall units. Built-in oven. 4 ring gas hob with extractor over. Worktops and splash-backs. Double Butler style ceramic sink with mixer tap. Exposed stone. Vent.
- Utility Room 3.52 x 2.55m Boiler. Window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Space and plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Double ceramic Butler style sink with mixer tap. Base and matching wall units. Worktops and splash-backs. Space for under counter fridge. Partly glazed door and side panel to:
- Conservatory 3.97 x 2.93m Glazed double doors and 2 windows to rear elevation. 2 windows and glazed door to west elevation. Inset spotlights.
On the First Floor
- Landing Window to front and window to rear elevations. Cupboards to one wall. Radiator. Built-in shelving.
- Shower Room 2.40 x 1.27m Obscure glazed window to rear elevation. Shower with jets. Heated towel rail. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. WC. Partly tiled walls. Extractor.
- Bedroom 1 3.96 x 3.08m Hatch to boarded and insulated loft with drop down ladder. Recess with hanging space. Window to front elevation. Radiator. Laminate flooring. Sliding door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Shower. WC.
- Bedroom 2 4.21 x 3.25m Window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator. Built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3 3.49 x 3.18m Window to east elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator.
- Bedroom 4 4.33 x 2.76m Window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator.
- Partly walled garden. Electric PVC double gates and pedestrian gate lead to tarmac drive. Sensor lighting. Cobbled patio area.
- The garden is laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders. Decking with buried fuel tank.
- Above ground pool and decking area. Heat inverter 10 KW. Outside lighting. Sand filter and skimmer.
- Paddock/Orchard with stone bakery with tiled roof. Small stone chicken coop with corrugated iron roof.
- Semi-detached stone building with corrugated iron roof (old house) used as:
- Garage 5.85 x 5.53m Electric metal up and over door. Concrete floor. Granite fireplace. Ink unit. Outside tap.
- Attached Barn 6.62 x 6.25m 2 doors to front elevation.
- Attached Wood Barn 7.06 x 4.79m Double doors to front elevation. Plastic coated metal roof. Mezzanine storage area.
- Vegetable garden and poly-tunnel. Orchard including plum, pear and walnut trees.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank (installed in 2011).
- Oil fired central heating.
ABOUT THE AREA
The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 10 minutes drive as is the Saint Sever forest. It is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, 10 minutes from Sourdeval or Saint Pois the nearest towns. The beaches on the west coast are an hour’s drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Returning to the UK
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: