This Normandy farmhouse dating back to 1844 comes with 3 en-suite bedrooms and is set on over an acre of garden with pond for sale in quiet rural hamlet of the Manche in the Normandy region of France.
The farmhouse is very economic to run and has an excellent energy rating from the Solar Panels which heat the hot water cylinder and convector heaters. This property benefits from an all water septic tank, partial re-wiring, double glazed windows, new carpets, re-decoration and a stunning kitchen extension (42 sqm) with bi-fold doors leading to the decking area and garden.
On the ground floor
- Living room : 5.72m x 4.82m – Bifold patio doors to the front (east) elevation. Laminate floor. Exposed beams. 2 convector heaters. Fireplace with raised brick hearth and woodburner which vents upstairs
- Kitchen/dining room : 6.82m (max) x 6.33m – Bifold patio doors to the south elevation. Laminate floor. Built in kitchen with range of fitted units and integrated appliances, a full size fridge and freezer, oven, microwave/oven and coffee maker. Wall display units. Solid wood worksurfaces. Island with inset stainless steel sink and mixer tap. Vaulted ceiling with velux skylight with remote opening and rain sensor which automatically closes the window when necessary. Matching cupboard housing electrics.
- Utility room : 3.77m x 1.21m – Window to the west elevation. Double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and cupboard under. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Toilet. Laminate floor.
- Study : 5.29m x 2.69m – Window to the east elevation. Stairs to first floor. Convector heater.
- Bedroom 1 : 3.4m x 2.8m – Glazed double doors to the east elevation. Laminate floor. Electric radiator. Door to –
- Dressing area : Laminate floor. Sliding door to –
- En-suite shower room : 1.77m x 1.69m – Laminate floor. Extractor fan. Heated electric towel rail. Vanity unit. Corner shower with jets. Toilet.
On the first floor
- Landing : 5.29m x 2.69m – Windows to the east and west elevations. Heating vent from woodburner. Walk-in storage area. Smoke alarm.
- Bedroom 2 : 4.95m x 3.06m – Window to the east elevation. Built in cupboard. Heating vent from woodburner. Door to –
- En-suite bathroom : 2.94m x 1.75m – Window to the rear elevation. The bathroom has been removed and a new buyer will need to install a new bathroom of their choice.
- Bedroom 3 : 6.04m x 3.33m – Window to the front elevation. Convector heater. Inset spotlights. Doors to –
- Walk in wardrobe : 2.34m x 1.49m – Inset spotlights. Hatch to loft space.
- En-suite bathroom : 3.17m x 1.48m – Large rain shower. Extractor fan. Fully tiled walls and floor. Inset spotlights. Bath with mixer/shower tap adjustment. Vanity unit. Toilet. Heated towel rail.
- The property is approached via double wrought iron gates which lead to a gravel drive and the attached garage (5.89m x 2.75m) with double wooden doors to the front, hot water cylinder and boiler.
- There is an attached block built workshop (6.32m x 4.44m) with a door to the east and window to the north. Open fronted store.
- Shed. Orchard. Outside tap.
- There is a pond surrounded by shrubs and a wooden chalet with decking opening on to it create a pleasant focal point to the main garden area.
- The majority of the garden is laid to lawn with mature shrubs, trees and flower beds. There is a small paddock.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank (installed in 2013).
- Electric heating provided by solar panels.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Double glazed windows.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 291€ per annum
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated in 13 km from Saint-Lô, the department capital, which has all the luxuries of modern day France. Including an abundance of shops, boutiques, supermarkets and restaurants, some the finest in the area. Squash courts and a newly opened swimming pool with indoor and outdoor pools makes this an ideal location to keep all members of the family entertained.
The property itself is nestled in a quaint hamlet consisting of a mixture of both English and French inhabitants. Popular places to visit nearby include Vire (29 km) and the beach and port at Granville (36 km). It is 48 km to the UNESCO heritage site of Mont-Saint-Michel.
The property is almost equidistant from the ferry ports at Caen-Ouistreham (74 km) and Cherbourg (76 km). The channel tunnel at Calais is 306 km. The nearest airports are Caen Carpiquet and Deauville St Gatien. Mainline train services are from nearby Saint-Lô.
Viewing is highly recommended.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: