This superb south exposed country house with a good size landscaped garden is offered for sale in the Calvados area of Normandy. The property has been completely renovated over the last 17 years and now offers flexible accommodation with character features.
The house benefits from double glazed wood framed windows throughout with external security grills and interior shutters, a modern kitchen and several outbuildings. There is also a video surveillance system.
The property is tucked away in a small hamlet near the pretty market town and forest of Saint Sever. Saint Sever has all amenities including schools, shops, doctors’ surgery, etc. and even a public outdoor swimming pool. The larger towns of Vire and Villedieu-les-Poêles are about 10 minutes drive away with SNCF railway to Paris in about 2 hours 50 minutes.
On the ground floor
- Conservatory 5.98 x 2.97m Glazed all round. Door to east elevation. Partly glazed door to:-
- Lounge 5.66 x 4.18m Block base with windows all round and slate roof. Large Velux window to east and west elevations. Built-in cupboards and shelf. Wood-burner. Wood flooring.
- Door to south elevation and terrace.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 5.16 x 4.60 m and 3.20 x 2.12m 2 windows to east and window to rear elevations. Partly glazed door and 2 windows to south elevation. Radiator. Island breakfast bar. Range of matching base units. Built-in dishwasher. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Built-in Gaggenau oven. 4 ring hob ( 2 electric induction and 2 gas). Extractor over. 2 stainless steel sinks with mixer taps. Wine rack. Built-in microwave. Built-in cupboard (wine store). Stainless steel worktops and splash-backs. Sliding door to entrance hall area. Sliding door to:
- Utility Room 3.20 x 1.42m Window to rear elevation. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Sink. Shelving. Hot water cylinder.
- Entrance Hall Tiled floor. Partly glazed “stable” door to front elevation. Stairs to first floor. Built-in cupboards. Smoke detector.
- Cloakroom Built-in cupboard. WC. Tiled floor. Vanity unit.
- Study Area 4.75 x 2.38m 2 windows to front elevation. Tiled floor. Built-in cupboards (one with plumbing for shower) and shelves.
- Bedroom 1/Sitting Room 4.81 x 4.70m Tiled floor. 2 windows to front and window to west elevation. Open fire. Built-in cupboards. Window seat.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. Built-in wardrobes.
- Master Bedroom 5.96 x 3.20m Built-in cupboards. Sloping ceiling. Window to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Shower Room Area 2.49 x 2.25m Large shower. Vanity unit with marble top. WC. Shelving. Velux window to rear elevation.
- Bedroom 2 8.15 x 3.20m Sloping ceiling. Built-in wardrobes. 2 windows to east, window to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Wood flooring. Convector heater. Door to -
- En-Suite Bathroom Bath with shower screen. Velux window to rear elevation. Vanity unit. Tiled floor. Convector heater.
The property has 3 entrances - one leads to the side of the property and an outbuilding for easy acces for wood store and deliveries. There are two pairs of metal double gates one of which has a security entry system giving an easy "in and out drive" with plenty of parking. The garden is attractive with many features including a large wooden decking area to the front of the house. And in addition :
- An attached garage.
- 4 open fronted car ports.
- A pergola seating area.
- Fish pond.
- A wooden chalet which suitable for housing a hot tub.
- The remaining garden is laid to lawn and enclosed.
ABOUT THE AREA
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Heating is provided by the Woodburner and electric radiators.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
The towns of Vire and Villedieu-les-Poêles are about 10 minutes drive away with SNCF railway to Paris in about 2 hours 50 minutes. The closest airport to the property is Dinard Airport (76 km)s and in the surrounding area are Rennes Airport (94 kms) and Deauville Airport (110 km).
The world famous UNESCO site of Mont Saint Michel is 36 kms away, Coutances Cathedral (38 kms), Bayeux Tapestry (59 kms), and the D-Day Landing Beaches (64 kms).
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Due to relocation
Recent septic tank
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: