This lovely house is located in a quiet rural hamlet in a superb setting looking over its gardens with 2 carp ponds. The house has been beautifully renovated with plenty of original features including feature stone walls, granite fireplace and exposed beams. The rooms are all large with high ceilings and are well appointed.
The gîte offers excellent accommodation on one level and potentially could be let with the pond for a fishing holiday. There is potential to renovate the first floor storage area over the gîte to create another apartment (subject to planning).
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Open plan kitchen/breakfast room/sitting room 11.92 x 4.08m :
- Sitting room - Glazed door and 2 glazed side panels and window to south elevation. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall with display recess. Radiator. Wood-burner on raised plinth. Opening to:
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room Window to front and north elevations. Range of matching base units. Worktops with tiled splash-backs. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood over. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Radiator. Inset spotlights.
- Utility Room 2.78 x 2.60m Window to north elevation. Stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, cupboard under. Base and wall units. Worktops with tiled splash-backs. Heated towel rail. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Space and plumbing for washing machine.
- Cloakroom Window to north elevation. Hand basin. WC. Fully tiled.
- Store Room 2.60 x 1.69m Partly glazed “stable” door to north elevation. Electrics. Space for tumble drier. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Shelving. Inset spotlights. Hatch to loft space. Tiled floor. Velux window.
- Lounge/Dining Room 9.56 x 4.71m Partly glazed door and 2 windows to south and window to north elevations. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. 2 radiators. Stairs to first floor. Central heating thermostat. Granite fireplace with raised hearth and wood-burner.
On the First Floor
- Landing 2 Velux windows to north elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring.
- Bedroom 1 4.85 x 3.68m Window to south and east elevations. Hatch to loft. Exposed beams. Wood flooring. Built-in wardrobe. Ceiling light/fan.
- Bedroom 2 5.15 x 3.65m Window to south elevation. Ceiling light/fan. Hatch to loft. Wood flooring. Exposed stone chimney breast with display recess.
- Family Bathroom 2.80 x 2.53m Window to north elevation. Fully tiled. Inset spotlights (with diffuser) vanity UNIT. WC. Claw foot bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Heated towel rail. Large shower cubicle with jets. Extractor.
- Master Bedroom 5.91 x 4.67m Window to south elevation. Glazed double doors to west elevation opening on to balcony overlooking the lake. 2 radiators. Wood flooring. Exposed stone feature wall with display recesses. Walk-in wardrobe. Hatch to loft. Ceiling light/fan.
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.36 x 1.77m Window to north elevation. Vanity unit. Fully tiled. Inset spotlights with diffuser. WC. Heated towel rail. Corner shower with jets. Extractor.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE GÎTE
On the ground floor
- Lounge/Dining Room 6.77 x 3.14m Glazed double doors and window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Vents. Wood-burner. Opening to:
- Kitchen 2.39 x 2.84m Range of matching base units. Stainless steel sink. Space for free standing fridge/freezer and cooker with extractor hood over. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Laminate flooring. Built-in storage cupboard. Vent.
- Bedroom 1 3.09 x 3.00m Window to north elevation. Laminate flooring. Electric heater. Vent. Part wood panelled walls.
- Bedroom 2 3.21 x 2.96m Window to west elevation. Laminate flooring. Part wood panelled walls. Electric heater. Vent.
- Shower Room 2.84 x 1.36m Window to south elevation. Convector heater. Pedestal basin. Corner shower with jets. WC. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Vent.
On the First Floor
- Large external door to storage area 50 sqm from the east elevation. 2 windows to front elevation.
- A gravel drive leads to parking and turning area.
- Gravel patio area with BBQ. Outside sink.
- 2 carp ponds - the original one dates back to 1979 and is approximately 1,200 sqm and stream fed.
- The other was created in 2008/9 and is spring fed and 999 sqm.
- The garden is laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs, rockeries and flower beds. Small paddock.
- The gîte has an enclosed garden with gravel patio.
- Splash pool.
- Wooden shed with corrugated iron roof.
- Small greenhouse.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank believed to have been installed in about 2004.
- Satellite internet connection believed to be available.
- Oil fired central heating in the main house and 2 woodburners.
- Electric heating and woodburner in the gîte.
- Taxes Foncières (land tax) : 925 €uros per annum
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The house is in Calvados in the Normandy region of France. Local facilities can be found at Saint Sever (6km) and the nearest major towns are Villedieu-les-Poêles (15km) and Vire with SNCF railway to Paris in about 2 hours 50 minutes.
The closest airport to Le Gast is Dinard Airport (76 km) in the surrounding area are Rennes Airport (94 km) and Deauville Airport(110 km). The UNESCO site of Mont St Michel is 36 km away, Coutances Cathedral (38 km), Bayeux Tapestry (Musée de la Tapisserie de Bayeux) (59 km), and the D-Day Landing Beaches (64 km).
Viewing is highly recommended. Video Tour available on request.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: