This lovely Water Mill is in a beautiful environement and benefits from comfortable 2 bedroom accommodation, several outbuildings (one of which would be ideal for a gîte, subject to planning permission), a pond hosting some very large trout with water sourced from the river Française via the mill race - and a large popular carp lake of approximately 1 1/4 acres.
On the ground floor
- Open Plan Lounge/Dining Room 7.55 x 5.22m Exposed stone walls. Wood-burner. 2 radiators. Stairs to first floor. Exposed beams. Inset spotlights. Window with built-in seat. Window and partly glazed "stable" door to front and window to east elevations. Electrics. Partly tiled floor.
- Kitchen 3.40 x 2.48m 2 windows to west and window to front elevations. Range of base units. Sinks. 4 ring hob (3 gas and 1 electric) with extractor over. Built-in oven. Radiator. Tiled floor. Built-in fridge. Tiled worktop and splash-backs.
- Shower Room 2.60 x 1.97m Window to west elevation. Radiator. Pedestal basin. WC. Fully tiled shower.
On the First Floor
- Mezzanine Study Area 4.35 x 2.76m Velux window to north elevation. Radiator. Sloping ceiling. Hatch to loft.
- Bedroom 1 2.76 x 2.70m Window to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Laminate flooring. Radiator. Sloping ceiling.
- Cloakroom Sloping ceiling. WC. Pedestal basin. Radiator. Velux window to rear elevation. Laminate flooring.
In the Basement
- Store room 7.18 x 5.41m Concrete floor. Electrics. Pedestrian door to front and rear elevations. Tap.
- Utility Room 5.41 x 2.84m Pedestrian door. Concrete floor. Power and light. Space and plumbing for washing machine.
- Detached stone and colombage building 8.94 x 4.12m 2 pedestrian doors to front elevation. (potential for a 2 storey gîte, subject to planning). Cloakroom and Workshop 4.12 x 2.57m Concrete floor. Double wooden doors to front elevation. Power and light.
- Detached Building 4.87 x 2.88m Constructed of block and timber. Concrete floor. Slate roof.
- Stream fed lake with island.
- Timber Barn with corrugated iron roof 10.00 x 5.00m (approx.) Part open fronted.
- Garden to the rear of the property with patio. Mature trees.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank installed in about 2000.
- Fibre optic internet connection available.
- Heating is provided by a backboiler on the woodburner which heats 8 radiators.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 650€ per annum
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated in a village about midway between Mortain (Manche) and Domfront (Orne) within the Mont St Michel Bay heritage area. Local shops and amenities can be found at Le Teilleul (2km) and Barenton (4 km).
The nearest beaches are approximately 50 km away and the Mont St Michel is 65 km distant. It is 233 km from Paris and 326 km from the port at Calais. Dinard airport is one and a half hour's drive, as are the ferry ports at Caen Ouistreham and Saint Malo. The ferry port at Cherbourg is 2 hours away.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Wood burner system
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Septic up to norms
Nationality of Owners: