This lovely detached house is situated in a quiet rural hamlet and is set on a beautiful, fully enclosed and private garden of around 1200 sq.m. The house offering 135 sq.m of living area benefits from recent double glazing, and a well-appointed detached gîte which is ideal for extended family or to generate a top up income. The garden areas have been well designed to offer privacy to both the house and gîte.
Location wise, this property is situated near a village with a bar/shop and bakery. 10 minutes drive to the market town of Sourdeval and 15 minutes drive to Vire. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 10 minutes drive as is the Saint Sever forest.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 3.12 x 1.10m Glazed door and side panel to south elevation. Tiled floor. Convector heater.
- Utility Room 3.72 x 3.13m Window and door to rear and 2 windows to east elevations. Tiled floor. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer. Range of matching base units.
- Cloakroom WC. Hand basin. Tiled floor. Extractor.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 3.20 x 3.19m Partly glazed door to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Range of matching base and wall units including display unit. Built-in oven and microwave. 4 ring electric hob with extractor over. Sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Built-i fridge. Window to rear elevation. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Convector heater. Cupboard housing electrics.
- Dining Room 3.20 x 3.19m Window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Convector heater. Telephone socket
- Lounge 5.68 x 5.32m Glazed double doors and window to front and glazed double doors to rear elevations. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Exposed Granite wall and fireplace with wood-burner. Exposed beams.
On the First Floor
- Landing Partly tiled floor. Built-in cupboards.
- Bedroom 1 3.72 x 3.70m Window to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Hatch to loft. Convector heater. 3 built-in wardrobes.
- Bathroom 2.92 x 2.78m Velux window to rear elevation. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. Tiled floor. Tiled walls. WC. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. Shower. Convector heater.
- Bedroom 2 3.18 x 2.62m Window to front elevation. Convector heater. Door to:
- Bedroom 3 3.15 x 2.35m Window to south elevation. Convector heater.
THE GÎTE CONSISTS
On the ground floor
- Lounge/Dining Room 5.63 x 4.54m (max) Partly glazed double doors and side panels to west elevation. Tiled floor. Wood-burner. Convector heater. Stairs to side garden and first floor.
- Kitchen 2.38 x 1.73m Window to north elevation. Tiled floor and walls. Range of matching base and wall units. Built-in oven and 4 ring gas hob with extractor over. Space for under counter fridge. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Sink with mixer tap. Worktops.
On the First Floor
- Landing Tiled floor. Built-in cupboard. Circular window to north elevation.
- Bedroom 4.00 x 3.37m Sloping ceiling. Velux window to east and west elevations. Tiled floor. Convector heater. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Velux window to west elevation. Tiled floor. Hatch to loft. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Corner shower. Toilet. Inset spotlights. Convector heater.
- Fully enclosed garden for the Gite with raised decking area. Gravel seating area. Wood shed and shed. Gravel parking/seating area to front.
- Gravel parking to side and front of the main house with flower borders.
- The rear garden is fully enclosed with flower borders, shrubs and rockery with the remainder laid to lawn . Covered seating area.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to a septic tank. Broadband internet connection.
- Electric heating and woodburner in both the house and gîte.
- The house and gîte have separate water and electricity supplies and drainage.
- Taxes Foncières : 930€ per annum
- VIDEO avialable on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated near a village with a bar/shop and bakery. 10 minutes drive to the market town of Sourdeval and 15 minutes drive to Vire. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 10 minutes drive as is the Saint Sever forest.
The area is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, 10 minutes from Sourdeval or Saint Pois the nearest towns. The beaches on the west coast are an hour’s drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Nationality of Owners: