This delightful country house with many character features and with superb views over the surrounding countryside is set on over an acre garden with outbuildings. For those wishing to create a gîte, one of the barns would lend itself to conversion, subject to planning.
The house has been renovated by the present owner and benefits from double glazed wood framed windows with external wood shutters, a family bathroom with double jacuzzi bath, exposed stone walls and beams, an open granite fireplace and another with a woodburner and wooden floors and window sills. There are four spacious bedrooms in this lovely country house.
THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 3.40 x 2.65m Partly glazed door to front elevation. Wood flooring. Stairs to first floor. Smoke detector. Cupboard housing electrics. Opening to lounge.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 5.25 x 4.79m Window to front and rear elevations. Tiled floor. Open Granite fireplace. Range of matching base and wall units. Space for rang style cooker with hood over. Sinks with mixer tap. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Convector heater.
- Utility Room 2.50 x 2.20m Space and plumbing for washing machine. Window to rear elevation. Sink unit. Tiled floor.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. Inset spotlights. Cupboard under stairs.
- Lounge 5.45 x 5.30m Window to front and rear elevations. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Exposed beams and stonework. Convector heater. Wood flooring. Telephone socket. Window seat.
On the First Floor
- Landing Stairs to second floor. Electric radiator.
- Bedroom 1 5.62 x 5.44m Window to front and rear elevations. Exposed beams. Granite fireplace.
- Family Bathroom Window to front elevation. Built-in cupboards. WC. Vanity unit. Electric radiator. Exposed beams. Large cabin shower with jets. Double Jacuzzi bath. Heated electric towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 5.69 x 4.95m Window to front and rear elevations. Convector heater. Granite fireplace. Exposed beams.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Electric radiator.
- Bedroom 3 6.15 x 4.73m Window to front and rear elevations. Sloping ceilings. Expo9sed beams and “A” frame. Convector heater. Exposed stone wall.
- Shower Room 2.98 x 1.96m Velux window to rear elevation. Suspended WC (macerator). Vanity unit. Corner shower with jets. Heated towel rail. Eaves storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 4 4.73 x 4.18m Window to front and rear elevations. Exposed “A” frame and beams. Sloping ceilings. Electric radiator. Hatch to loft.
- A long drive leads to the garden which is laid to lawn with stone rockery. Dried out pond. Flower borders.
- Stone terraces to front and rear elevations.
- Detached Barn 8.87 x 5.92m (Used as workshop) Constructed of block under a roof of Fibro cement. 2 doors and window to front elevation. Attached open-fronted Tractor Shed 5.92 x 5.10m. Lean-to Storage Shed to the rear.
- Separate Detached Building/Summer House 4.77 x 3.03m Constructed of stone and cob under a roof of Fibro cement. Window to west and Glazed door and window to front elevation.
- Outside tap and lights.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
- Electric heating.
- Broadband internet connection.
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
The country side property is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, a few kilometers from Sourdeval the nearest town. Only a few minutes drive away, the town offers every amenity including two banks and supermarkets. Market day is held every Tuesday morning, as is the livestock market.
The beaches on the west coast are an hour's drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg. A little further afield are the D-Day landing beaches, the Mount Saint Michel. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 15 minutes drive, as is the Saint Sever forest.
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: