This attactive family home offers spacious accommodation on three floors, it stands in a quiet position on the edge of a rural hamlet and has superb views over the surrounding countryside. A bridleway leads alongside the house and joins the old railway line which is ideal for walking, riding and cycling. The house and garden, which extends to over 1 1/4 acres are well maintained and there are 2 beautiful seating areas. A large detached building has been divided into garaging, storage, a laundry room and a one bedroom gîte or office.
IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Lounge 8.90 x 5.22m Window to west, Velux window to north, Glazed double doors and 2 windows to east elevations. Stone features. Pellet burner. Laminate flooring. 2 windows to north elevation. Radiator. Electrics.
- Open plan Kitchen/Dining Room 10.39 x 6.10m Glazed double doors to south and 2 windows to east elevations. Tiled floor. Range of matching base units. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Wrought iron stairs to first floor. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Tiled floor. 2 radiators. Exposed beams. Exposed stone features. Glazed double doors to south elevation. Space for range style cooker. Breakfast bar. Solid wood worktops.
- Inner Hall Door to front and window to south elevations. Tiled floor. Hot water cylinder. Tiled floor. Convector heater.
- Cloakroom Window to south elevation. Tiled floor. WC. Hand basin.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Stairs to second floor.
- Bedroom 1 5.36 x 3.98m Wood flooring. Window to south and west elevations. Exposed beam. Convector heater.
- Bathroom 2.77 x 2.53m Wood flooring. Corner bath with shower over. WC. Heated towel rail. Twin vanity unit. Inset spotlights. Window to south elevation.
- Bedroom 2 3.77 x 3.07m Window to south elevation. Laminate flooring. Convector heater.
- Study 2.94 x 2.70m Window to east elevation. Laminate flooring. Convector heater.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Laminate flooring. 2 pairs of double Velux windows to south elevation.
- Bedroom 3 4.75 x 2.50mWindow to east elevation. Sloping ceiling. Laminate flooring. Radiator.
- Bedroom 4 4.44 x 2.50m Sloping ceiling. Velux window to north elevation. Radiator.
- Shower Room Tiled floor. Sloping ceiling. Shower with jets. Extractor fan. Hand basin. WC.
THE BARN OUTSIDE
- Detached Barn divided into:
- Living Room/Kitchen 4.03 x 2.05m Door and 2 windows to east and window to south elevations. Tiled floor. Inset spotlights. Convector heater. Base units with inset stainless steel bowl with mixer tap. Spac for under counter fridge. Worktops and tiled splash-backs.
- Bedroom 3.14 x 2.80m Tiled floor. Convector heater. Door to:
- Shower Room 2.20 x 1.17m Large shower. Extractor. WC. Pedestal basin. Window to south elevation. Tiled floor and walls. Inset spotlights.
- A gravel drive leads to parking area and concrete hard standing for multiple vehicules.
- Double Garage 12 x 7.95m with 2 pairs of wooden double doors to front elevation. Concrete floor. Power and light. Laundry Room Range of base units. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer. Store Room. Mezzanine Storage Area.
- Large area of garden, mainly laid to lawn with mature trees, shrubs and a pond.
- Vegetable garden with raised beds. Gravel seating area. Lower area (formerly above ground swimming pool) with concrete base.
- Kennel and run. Greenhouse. Covered seating area with power and outside tap. Timber storage shed. Wood stores.
- To the front of the main house is a gravel seating area with wood burning pizza oven and fire pit. Covered seating area.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Fibre optic internet connection.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Drainage is to a septic tank installed in about 1982.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 1,200€ per annum
ABOUT THE AREA
The property is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, approx. 3 km from Sourdeval, the nearest town. The town offers every amenity including two banks and supermarkets. Market day is held every Tuesday morning, as is the livestock market. Further amenities can be found at Vire-Normandie (11 km) with all amenities including a train station giving access to Paris. The property is within a 15 minute drive of a well known local restaurant.
The beaches on the west coast are an hour's drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg. A little further afield are the D-Day landing beaches, the Mont St Michel. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 15 minutes drive, as is the Saint Sever forest. The nearest Airport is at Dinard (70 miles), Ferry Ports at Caen (50 miles) or a one and a quarter hour drive to Saint Malo, and the nearest train station is at Vire (8 miles) from where you can take a fast train to Paris.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Nationality of Owners: