This Beautiful detached stone house with part-renovated 5 bedroom barn is situated near Sourdeval, in the Manche area of Normandy. The property is surrounded by over 2 acres of its own land with other outbuildings and no neighbours. Superb views over the Valley.
The property is in a quiet rural position with gently sloping garden and orchard, at the end of a no through road with no close neighbours. It has undergone a programme of complete renovation to the main farmhouse and now offers very comfortable family living accommodation with an open plan living space on the ground floor and 4 en-suite bedrooms.
On the ground floor
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Room/Lounge 12.74 x 5.63m Wood flooring. 3 pairs of glazed double doors to front and 3 windows to rear elevations. Inset spotlights. Stairs to first floor. 3 electric radiators. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Cupboard housing electrics. Huge central kitchen island with breakfast bar and solid wood worktop. SMEG Range style cooker, free standing Samsung American style fridge/freezer. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. Broom cupboard.
- Cloakroom WC. Vanity unit with mirror over. Heated towel rail.
On the first floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Exposed beams. Stairs to second floor. Electric radiator.
- Master Bedroom 8.61 x 3.69m 2 built-in cupboards. Large built-in storage cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Windows to the front elevation. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Electric radiator. Exposed beams.
- En-Suite Shower Room 3.81 x 1.74m Window to rear elevation. Exposed beams. Wood flooring. Inset spotlights. WC. Vanity basin with mirror over. Heated towel rail. Twin shower cubicle.
- Bedroom 2 4.25 x 3.19m Window to front elevation. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Exposed beams. Electric radiator. Wood flooring. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.14 x 2.16m Window to rear elevation. Exposed beams. Vanity basin with mirror and light over. Wood flooring. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment, tiled surround and screen. Heated towel rail. Inset spotlights. Cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
On the Second Floor
- Mezzanine Study Area 4.13 x 2.93m Exposed "A" frame. Sloping ceiling. Electric radiator. Velux window to front elevation.
- Bedroom 3 4.14 x 4.08m Velux window to front and rear elevations. Sloping ceiling. Exposed "A" frame. Wood flooring. Electric radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Large shower. Heated towel rail Vanity unit with mirror and light over. WC. Wood flooring. Inset spotlights.
- Bedroom 4 5.11 x 4.14m Velux window to front and rear elevations. Sloping ceiling. Electric radiator. Wood flooring. Inset spotlights. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Exposed beams. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Exposed beams. Sloping ceiling. WC. Wood flooring. Inset spotlights. Large shower. Heated towel rail.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE BARN
On the ground floor
- Entrance : 6.72m x 3m - Doorway to the front elevation. Temporary stairs to first floor. Exposed stone walls.
- Room : 6.72m x 3.56m - (Could make utility room)
- Old milking parlour : 11.73m x 6.72m - 4 windows and a door opening to the front elevation. 1 window to the rear elevation. Glazed doors and side panels to west gable.
On the first floor
- Mezzanine landing : 6.92m x 3.09m - Window to the rear elevation. Exposed stone. Hatch to loft space. Wood floor.
- Bedroom 1 : 3.61m x 3.41m - Windows to the front and side elevations. Exposed stone. Wood floor.
- Bedroom 2 : 3.63m x 3.46m - Window to the side elevation. Hatch to loft space. Wood floor. Exposed stone.
- Bathroom : 3.82m x 1.55m - Velux window to the rear elevation. Wood floor. Pedestal hand basin. Toilet. Bath mixer/shower tap adjustment. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 3 : 4.35m x 3.81m - Opening to the front elevation. Exposed stone and beams. Wood floor.
- Bedroom 4 : 4.15m x 3.88m - Window to the front elevation. Exposed stone and beams. Wood floor.
- Bathroom : 3.88m x 1.56m - Velux window to the rear elevation. Exposed stone. Sloping ceiling. Wood floor. Currently no sanitary ware has been installed.
- Bedroom 5 : 5.24m x 3.82m - Window to the side elevation. Wood floor. Exposed stone. Mezzanine floor over. Door to -
- En-suite bathroom : 3.76m x 1.44m - Velux window to the rear elevation. Exposed stone and beams. Wood floor. Currently no sanitary ware has been installed.
- Overall the properties sit on a plot of over 2 acres and they could easily be separated.
- There is a well and a swimming pool with a maximum depth of 2m which is not currently used and has a wooden decking over it.
- Small stone wood store. Tractor shed. Old stone barn. Ruined stone barn with no roof.
- A long gravel lane leads to double wrought iron gates and a private driveway with parking and turning area.
- The land is laid to lawn with trees and hedges.
- Mains water and electricity.
- Electric heating and wood burner.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank
- VIDEO link available on request
- REDUCED ASKING PRICE!
ABOUT THE AREA
The property is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, a few kilometers from Sourdeval, the nearest town. Only a few minutes drive away, the town offers every amenity including two banks and supermarkets. Market day is held every Tuesday morning, as is the livestock market.
The beaches on the west coast are an hour's drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg. A little further afield are the D-Day landing beaches, the Mont St Michel. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 15 minutes drive, as is the Saint Sever forest.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: