Detached stone house with approximately 47 acres of undulating land with a small lake for sale near Sourdeval in Normandy. The property has been renovated to a high standard and benefits from a new gas fired central heating system installed approximately 5 years ago and an inset woodburner in the Lounge which circulates warm air. The kitchen was re-fitted 5 years ago and the property has full security double glazed windows and solid oak internal doors.
On the ground floor
- Conservatory 5.45 x 3.61m (used as summer kitchen) Sliding patio doors to front elevation. Part stone walls. Tiled floor. Kitchen units with sink and mixer tap. Slate worktops and sink. 2 Velux windows to front elevation. Partly glazed door to:
- Entrance Hall 1.92 x 1.48m Tiled floor. Exposed stone. Central heating thermostat. Electrics. Security entry system for electric gates.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.86 x 3.39m (Fitted approximately 5 years ago) Tiled floor. Upright radiator. Inset spotlights. Window to front and east elevations. Built-in range of matching base and wall units. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Built-in wine rack. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Sinks with mixer tap. 4 ring electric hob and 2 ring gas hob with extractor over. Old chimney (now capped) with built-in cupboards and housing hot water cylinder. Recess for TV. Built-in oven and microwave. Space for American style fridge/freezer.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. Partly tiled walls. Radiator. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Steps up to:
- Shower Room 5.52 x 2.91m Shower with jets and steam. Upright radiator. Heated towel rail. Tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Spa bath. Window to west elevation.
- Lounge/Dining Room 9.18 x 5.82m Exposed stone walls. Granite fireplace with inset wood-burner. 2 radiators. 3 windows to front and 2 to rear elevations. Stone floor. Exposed beams. Stairs to first floor.
On the First Floor
- Galleried Landing with Study Area 2 windows to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Landing Window to front elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Built-in cupboards.
- Bedroom 1 3.43 x 2.96m Wood flooring. Radiator. Window to front elevation.
- Bedroom 2 4.14 x 3.10m Wood flooring. Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Cloakroom WC. Pedestal basin. Hatch to loft space. Tiled floor.
- Bedroom 3 5.09 x 3.17m Laminate flooring. Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Master Bedroom 5.82 x 5.23m Velux window and window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Vent from fireplace. 2 radiators. Sloping ceiling. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Velux window to rear elevation. Shower. WC. Twin vanity unit. Radiator. Partly tiled walls. Tiled floor.
- Electric gates lead to tarmac drive. The garden is laid to lawn with mature shrubs and flower borders. Terrace. Outside lighting.
- Detached Stone Outbuilding with slate roof used as log store, potting shed, boiler room, store and wine cellar. Outside tap.
- Attached to house is an Integral Garage with electric door (32 sqm). Space and plumbing for washing machine. Hot water cylinder. Concrete floor.
- Attached Timber Barn with sliding door to front elevation. Fibro cement roof. Attached Car Port.
- Separate Detached Stone Building under slate roof. Attached double garage with sliding wooden doors to the front. Part used as wine store.
- BBQ area with granite BBQ. Stone terrace. Covered seating area. Orchard.
- Separate Detached Open Fronted Wood Store.
- Separate Detached stone, block and wood Workshop, with slate roof. 2 windows to rear and 1 window to front elevations. Sliding wooden door. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Attached Garage for motor home constructed of stone, block and wood. Double metal doors.
- Apple orchard. Stream on border of fields. Paddock with block and corrugated iron shelter. Several paddocks.
- Source fed lake of approx. 1,000 sqm. 3.60m at deepest point.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity.
- Choice of well water or mains water to the house.
- All water septic tank.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Fibre optic broadband connection.
ABOUT THE AREA
This property is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, a few kilometers from Sourdeval, the nearest town. Only a few minutes drive away, the town offers every amenity including two banks and supermarkets. Market day is held every Tuesday morning, as is the livestock market. The village of Gathemo is about 2.5km from the property and has a bakery, bar and shop.
The major city of Vire is only 12km from the house and offers all amenities including a railway station with a direct train to Paris. The beaches on the west coast are an hour's drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg. A little further afield are the D-Day landing beaches, the Mont St Michel. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 15 minutes drive, as is the Saint Sever forest.
And Before You Ask
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Buried gas tank
Nationality of Owners: