Equestrian Property with Farmhouse, gîte, 9 acres and stables for sale in Normandy in quiet rural position, yet within walking distance of a village with bar/shop and bakery. 5 minutes drive to 18 hole Golf course and lake. There is the possibility of continuing a rental agreement on an additional 5 hectares nearby.
This lovely detached stone farmhouse is positioned in a rural hamlet with 2 other houses, within easy walking distance of a local bar/shop and bakery and is 5 minutes drive to 18 hole Golf course and lake. It benefits from light and versatile accommodation, a turret with glazed seating area/observatory, double glazed windows, a downstairs bedroom and separate 2 bedroom detached gîte.
The first floor accommodation was created just over 10 years ago and the property was completely re-roofed at the same time. A particular feature of the property is the outside space which boasts a large purpose built barn (13 years old) which is divided into barn/workshop and internal stables with 4 large loose boxes, tack room/feed store and hay storage area. Ideal home and income.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE FARM HOUSE
On the ground floor :
- Entrance hall : Glazed double doors. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Window to rear elevation. Oak door with bevelled glass leading to -
- Study area : 5.26 sq.m - Radiator. Central heating thermostat.
- Inner hall : Tiled floor. Built in cupboard housing electrics and hot water cylinder (not currently connected).
- Cloakroom : Toilet. Hand basin. Tiled floor. VMC.
- Open plan living room/kitchen/dining room : 50 sq.m - Two windows and sliding patio doors to south elevation. 2 radiators. Part glazed door to utility room. Tiled floor. Granite fireplace with raised hearth and recently fitted woodburner. Display recess. Television aerial socket.
- Kitchen - Window to rear elevation. Range of matching base units including back to back units creating division between kitchen and dining room. Space for freestanding fridge. Plumbing and space for dishwasher. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood over. Worktops with tiled splashbacks. 1 and 1/4 bowl sink unit with mixer tap.
- Utility room : 10.9 sq.m - Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Base units. Worktop. Space for freestanding freezer. Plumbing and space for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer with vent. Radiator. Built-in cupboard. Tiled floor. Door to -
- Boiler room : Tiled floor. Geminox oil fired central heating boiler. Oil storage tank. Small window to west elevation.
- Bedroom 1 : 5.3 sq.m - Glazed door to front elevation. Telephone socket. Radiator. Tiled floor.
- Games room/Leisure room : 17.7 sq.m - Window and part glazed door to front elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator.
On the first floor
- Landing : Wood floor. Stairs to second floor.
- Inner landing : 7.17 sq.m - Exposed beam.
- Master bedroom suite : 23.6 sq.m - Windows to the front and rear elevations. Sloping ceilings. 2 radiators. Inset spotlights with dimmer switch. Door to -
- Dressing room : 4 sq.m - Radiator. Sloping ceiling. Inset spotlights.
- En-suite shower room : Velux window to rear elevation. Sloping ceiling. Tiled floor. Vanity unit. Heated towel rail. Shower. Toilet. VMC. Inset spotlights.
- Bedroom 3 : 10.5 sq.m - Window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Radiator. Inset spotlights.
- Family bathroom : 5.69 sq.m - Velux to the rear elevation. Bath with mixer/shower tap and tiled surround. Tiled floor. Toilet. Heated towel rail. Sloping ceiling. Inset spotlights. Vanity unit. VMC.
- Bedroom 4 : 11.25 sq.m - Window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beam and stone chimney breast. Radiator. Built in wardrobes to one wall. Inset spotlights.
- Bedroom 5 : 11.4 sq.m - Window to rear elevation. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beam and stone chimney breast. Radiator. Inset spotlights. Door to -
- En-suite shower room - 4.87 sq.m - Velux window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Shower. Vanity unit. Toilet. VMC. Heated towel rail.
On the second floor -
- Observatory/seating area - Wood floor.
THE GÎTE COMPRISES
On the ground floor
- Open plan living room/dining room/kitchen : 37.2 sq.m
- Kitchen area - Glazed double doors and small window to the front elevation. Range of matching base and wall units. Double sink unit with mixer tap. Space for freestanding fridge/freezer and cooker. Worktop with tiled splashback. Exposed stone wall and beams.
- Living area - Glazed double doors and window to the front elevation. Tiled floor. Exposed beams and stone wall with granite fireplace and woodburner. Display recess. Stairs to first floor.
- Shower room : 5 sq.m - Tiled floor. Hot water cylinder. Convector. Shower. Toilet. Hand basin. Exposed beam. Extractor fan.
On the first floor
- Landing : Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 1 : 16 sq.m - Window to the east elevation and velux to the front. Exposed stone wall. Sloping ceilings.
- Bedroom 2 : 13 sq.m - Velux to the front elevation. Sloping ceilings. Chimney breast.
The property is accessed via a wrought iron gate which leads to a large gravel parking and turning area. Attached to the gîte is an open-fronted car port (24 sqm) and a small woodshed. The garden is fenced and laid to lawn. Old stone bakery used as a garden shed.
The remaining land is divided into paddocks which is securely fenced with the majority being post and rail and electric fencing. There is an automatic water feeder in the main fields which is on a separate meter. The paddocks have access from the lane as well as between the paddocks. 6 field shelters with hay mangers.
Detached purpose built block and steel barn which is divided in to a large workshop/storage area (suitable for Motor Homes) of 103 sqm with sliding metal door, power and light. The other half of the barn is the stable block which has 4 large loose boxes (4.57m x 4.06m; 4.04m x 3.5m; 5.23m x 3.89m; 4.59m x 3.96m). There is also a tack room/feed store (3.64m x 2.24m) and the remaining area is used for hay and storage (6m x 5.91m). 2 open fronted tractor sheds.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- 2 separate all water septic tanks.
- Separate electricity supply to house and gîte.
- Oil fired central heating in the main house.
- Fibre Optic internet connection.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 900€ per annum
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated near a village with a bar/shop and bakery. 10 minutes drive to the market town of Sourdeval and 15 minutes drive to Vire. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 10 minutes drive as is the Saint Sever forest. It is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, 10 minutes from Sourdeval or Saint Pois the nearest towns. The beaches on the west coast are an hour’s drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: