This town House with almost 3/4 acre of enclosed gardens and garage is located in a bustling market town in the Manche area of Normandy. This substantial detached house was reconstructed in 1948 with high quality materials including oak floors and doors throughout. The North and West elevations of the roof were re-done in 2000 and their are shutters on the two elevations. To the rear of the property there is a lovely enclosed and spacious garden.
To the front you have a large, private, beautiful enclosed garden and several outbuildings. The added bonus is the small house and outbuilding in the rear garden that would lend itself to conversion into a gîte (subject to obtaining the necessary planning permission). The property is ideally placed within easy walking distance of all amenities.
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall : 9sqm; - Partly glazed door and window to front elevation. Electrics. Radiator. Stairs to first floor. Door to stairs to basement.
- Sitting Room : 12sqm; Window to east and north elevations. Oak flooring. Radiator.
- Dining Room : 20sqm; - 2 windows to west and partly glazed double doors to north elevation and terrace. 2 radiators.
- Study : 5sqm; - Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Telephone socket.
- Porch : Partly glazed door to rear and window to east elevations.
- Cloakroom : Window to north elevation. Tiled floor. WC. Radiator. Hand basin.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room : 17sqm; - Part tiled and part wood flooring. Fitted kitchen with matching base and wall units. Recess for microwave. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Built-in electric oven. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. 5 ring gas hob with extractor over. Spotlights. Sinks with mixer tap. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Radiator. Window to south elevation. Radiator.
On the First Floor
- Landing : 9 sqm; - Window to front elevation. Radiator. Door to stairs to loft.
- Master Bedroom : 20sqm; - 2 windows to west elevation. Partly glazed double doors to north elevation and terrace. Ornamental fireplace. 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 2 : 12sqm; - Window to south and west elevations. Radiator. Wood flooring.
- Bathroom : 5sqm; - Tiled floor. Obscure glaze4d window to north elevation. Radiator. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Shelves. Convector heater. Pedestal basin. Bidet.
- Bedroom 3 : 9sqm; - Window to south elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Bedroom 4 : 8sqm; - Window to north elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Cloakroom WC.
- Loft : (Ideal for conversion into additional accommodation). Wood flooring. 4 windows to south elevation.
In the Basement
- Utility Area : Door to outside. Large sink. Plumbing for washing machine. Electrics.
- 2 Wine Cellars.
- Boiler Room : Oil fired boiler and oil storage tank.
- Garage/Workshop (could be converted to provide a Gite). Constructed of brick and block. Concrete floor. Electricity. Opening to -
- Old House 2 windows and door to east elevation. Fireplace. Vehicular access.
- Large gravel parking and turning area. Chicken Run. The garden is laid to lawn with mature trees, shrubs and flower borders. Vegetable garden.
- The rear garden is laid to lawn and has pedestrian access to town and shrub and flower beds.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Mains drainage.
- Oil fired central heating and electric heating.
- Taxes Foncières : 1,508€ per annum
- Thi property has gite potential
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
This property is situated in a bustling market town with local walking, and fishing. Local village with many bars restaurants and shops. Weekly market on a Tuesday in Sourdeval, including Livestock. 15 mins to Bowling, sports centers and 18 hole golf course and the forest of Saint Sever. The nearest Airport is at Dinard (70 miles), Ferry Port at Caen (50 miles) and the nearest train station is at Vire (8 miles) from where you can take a fast train to the French capital, Paris.
Extensive recreational facilities can be found nearby including local waterfalls and walking clubs, canoeing and outdoor sports. Major towns such as Caen, St Malo, St Lo, Falaise, Bayeux, Honfleur and Northern Brittany available for day trips. Normandy landing beaches are easily accessible. Suisse Normande and Spa towns 35 minutes drive. Choices of Golf Clubs with open availability for non members.
Large French Mobile home site within 50 minutes for all resort facilities… pedaloes, canoe, football, fishing, pools with slides, snooker , entertainment. Sports centre with pool and slides, Go Karting and board park less than 15 minutes. Beaches within an hour, river activities/ forests/ spa resort within 50 minutes.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Connected to mains town system
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: