Attractive south-facing detached house with an acre of garden for sale near Vire in Normandy. The property stands surrounded by its own well-maintained gardens in a quiet rural hamlet. It has been completely renovated by the present owners over the last 20 years. There are wood and pvc double glazed windows throughout, fitted in 2014, with some wooden shutters and electric roller shutters in the the Dining Room and on the Juliette balcony from the Master bedroom suite. The mains gas central heating system was installed in about 2016.
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.32 x 3.06m 2 pairs of glazed double doors to the front elevation. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Space for free standing range style cooker. Double ceramic sink. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Radiator. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Built-in shelving and recess for microwave.
- Dining Room 5.51 x 3.01m Glazed double doors and side panels to front and window to rear elevations. Radiator. Tiled floor. Exposed beams.
- Inner Hall 3.02 x 2.04m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor.
- Bathroom 2.23 x 2.00m Bath with tiled surround, mixer tap/shower fitment and screen. Fully tiled walls and floor. Obscure glazed window to rear elevation. WC. Bidet. Heated towel rail. Vanity unit.
- Lounge 5.76 x 5.14m 2 radiators. Tiled floor. Window and glazed door to front and window with cupboard under to rear elevations. Built-in shelves and cupboard. Exposed stone wall and beams. Fireplace with wood-burner. Cupboard housing electrics.
On the First Floor
- Landing Window to rear elevation. Wood flooring.
- Master Bedroom 6.05 x 5.23m 2 windows to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Telephone socket. 2 radiators. Exposed beams. Glazed door to front elevation and “Juliette” balcony. Stairs to Study/Library. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Window to front elevation. Fully tiled walls. Inset spotlights. Shower. Built-in shelves. WC. Pedestal basin. Heated towel rail.
- Mezzanine Study/Library 2.90 x 2.00m Exposed beams. Window and Velux window to front and Velux Window to rear elevations. Wood flooring.
- Bedroom 2 3.70 x 2.86m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Exposed beam.
- Bedroom 3 5.41 x 3.98m Window to front and rear elevations. Radiator. Exposed beams. Wood flooring. Door to:
- Cloakroom Wood flooring. Pedestal basin. WC. Exposed beams. Fitted shelf. (Room for shower if required)
On the Second Floor
- Bedroom 4 5.08 x 2.00m Exposed “A” frame. Window to east and window to front elevations. Radiator. Wood flooring. Sloping ceiling.
- Double wooden gates lead to gravel drive, parking and turning area.
- Gravel seating area. The garden is mainly laid to lawn and enclosed by mature hedges and shrubs. BBQ.
- Attached Boiler Room/Utility Room 6.24 x 2.47m Partly glazed door to front, window to rear and 2 windows to east elevations. Pace and plumbing for washing machine. Wall mounted boiler. Concrete floor.
- Large area of lawn/orchard. 2 ponds.
- Detached Tandem Garage/Workshop 11.34 x 3.89m Constructed of block under a Fibro cement roof. Double wooden doors to front and pedestrian door to rear, 3 windows to east elevations. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Covered lean-to log store.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Mains gas fired central heating.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank installed in 2015.
- Broadband internet connection.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
Locally (3km) there are the villages of Moyon and Tessy-Sur-Vire, where there are plenty of shops for all your basic needs and restaurants. Tessy-sur-Vire has a local market every Wednesday, a bank, tourist information office and a variety of charming specialist shops.
The market of St. Lo is just a fifteen minute drive from the property. Here you will find all amenities including many shops, schools, hospitals and a mainline train station. Its large bustling market is held every Saturday. Caen and the ferry port are a forty minute drive from Moyon. The ferry port at Cherbourg is also about 1 hour away. Airports are at Dinard 1 1/2 hours away or Caen Carpiquet 1 hour away.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: