This lovely house was completely renovated by French Artisans in 2015 including re-wiring, new central heating system, new flooring, kitchen and bathrooms and new windows. There is a full basement which could be further developed to create a self-contained apartment, office space or additional accommodation.
The property is in a small medieval town with shops, bars, banks, schools, doctors' surgeries all in walking distance. It is located between Vire and Flers (both a 15 minute drive) which both offer all major facilities, including daily trains to Paris.
On the ground floor
- External stone stairs to:
- Entrance Hall Tiled floor. Radiator. Partly glazed door to front elevation. Stairs to first floor. Central heating thermostat.
- Bedroom 1 4.10 x 4.08m Tiled floor. Window to front elevation. Radiator.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. Suspended WC. Radiator Extractor. Pedestal basin
- Dining Room 4.72 x 4.08m Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator.
- Rear Hall Window to rear elevation. Stairs to basement. Cupboard under stairs.
- Lounge/Kitchen 10.69 x 4.84mm
- Lounge area - Window to front and rear and 3 windows to south elevations. Tiled floor. 3 radiators. Exposed stone wall. Granite fireplace with raised hearth and wood-burner.
- Kitchen area- Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Sink with mixer tap. Built-in oven and 5 ring gas hob with extractor over. Breakfast bar. Range of matching base and wall units. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Mont-charge/dumb waiter for bringing logs up from basement. Inset spotlights.
On the First Floor
- Landing Velux window to rear and window to front elevations Wood flooring. Radiator. Inset spotlights. Exposed stone wall.
- Master Bedroom 4.75 x 3.33m 2 windows to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. internal shutters.
- Dressing Room 3.33 x 2.65m Window to south elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Hatch to loft. Inset spotlights. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.33 x 2.08m Large walk-in shower. WC. Bidet. Tiled walls and floor. 2 windows to rear elevation. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Vanity unit. Heated towel rail. Inset spotlights. Arch to Laundry Room Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Radiator.
- Bedroom 2 4.12 x 2.82m Window to front elevation with internal shutters. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Shower Room Twin vanity unit. WC. Heated towel rail. Tiled floor. 2 showers. Inset spotlights.
- Bedroom 3 4.12 x 3.14m 2 windows to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Internal shutters.
In the Basement
- Part obscure glazed door and side panel to south and window to front and rear elevations. Electrics. Storage area. Wine store.
- Second Room used for storage/workshop. Boiler. Window to front and rear elevations.
- A long gravel drive leads to a large parking area to the front of the property and to the open-fronted car port.
- The remaining garden is laid to lawn.
- Concrete seating/BBQ area.
- Mains drainage, water, telephone and electricity.
- Gas fired central heating with buried gas tank.
- Broadband internet connection.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated in a small medieval town with shops, bars, banks, schools, doctors' surgeries, between Vire and Flers (both a 15 minute drive) which both offer all major facilities, including daily trains to Paris.
The ferry port at Caen Ouistreham is 1 hour's drive, 1 1/2 hours from Dinard, Cherbourg is 1 1/2 hour's drive and Calais is 305 km away. The airport can be reached in under 90 minutes. It is located within easy reach of Mont St Michel, the D-day Beaches and Bayeux.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Connected to mains town system
Nationality of Owners: