This superb 5 bedroom farmhouse with it's 3 bedroom gîte, barn and 6.5 acres of land is situated at the end of a no-through road in a quiet rural hamlet, it is surrounded by its own land.
This farmhouse was renovated to create spacious, characterful family accommodation over 3 floors. The gîte was renovated in about 2014/15 to offer 3 bedroom family and guest accommodation.
The renovations have been done to a good standard and the property is ready to move straight into. There is a large stone barn used for workshop and storage together with an open-fronted barn 'ideal for camping car storage and a double car port.
The property is halfway between Vire and Flers both with all major facilities, including daily trains to Paris, close to a small pretty village. The small medieval town of Tinchebray with shops, bars, banks, schools, doctors' surgeries and Vassy are about 5 minutes car drive.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Dining Room 6.43 x 5.36m Exposed beams. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor with cupboard under. Partly glazed double doors and side panel and window to front and glazed "stable" door to rear elevations. Electrics. Range of matching base units. Solid wood worktops. Ceramic butler sink. Space and plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine. Rayburn style woodburning stove. Space for range style cooker. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Breakfast bar. Telephone socket.
- Lounge 6.01 x 5.85m Tiled floor. Window and glazed double doors to front elevation. Exposed beams. Granite fireplace with wood-burner incorporating back boiler. Display recess.
- Inner Hall Radiator. Tiled floor. Partly glazed door to rear elevation.
- Shower Room 3.69 x 1.91m Window to east elevation. Tiled floor. WC. Heated towel rail. (no underfloor heating). Part wood panelled walls. Vanity unit. Shower.
- Utility Room 3.69 x 1.53m Space and plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Wood flooring. Worktop.
On the First Floor
- Landing/Study Area Wood flooring. Radiator. Stairs to second floor with cupboard under. Window to rear elevation.
- Master Bedroom Suite 4.18 x 4.14m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Upright radiator. Exposed beam.
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.97 x 1.86m Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Tiled floor. 2 heated towel rails. Corner shower with jets. Vanity basin. Window to rear elevation. WC.
- Dressing Room 5.95 x 1.33m Wood flooring. Heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 4.55 x 3.77m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Exposed beams. Coving. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Window to rear elevation. Vanity unit. Double shower with jets. WC. Heated towel rail. Tiled floor. Part wood panelled walls.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Laminate flooring. Inset spotlights.
- Bedroom 3 3.72 x 2.60m Laminate flooring. Radiator. Window to front elevation.
- Bedroom 4 5.24 x 2.24m Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams. Laminate flooring. Radiator.
- Shower Room 2.32 x 2.13m Velux window to rear elevation. Laminate flooring. Partly tiled walls. Shower with jets. Radiator. Vanity unit.
- Study 2.22 x 1.22m Window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 5 6.32 x 4.53m Sloping ceiling. Exposed "A" frame. Laminate flooring. 2 radiators. Window to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Door to:
- Walk-in wardrobe and hobby room (ideal for en-suite bathroom if required) 2.17 x 1.64m
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE GÎTE
On the ground floor
- Lounge 5.59 x 4.19m Partly glazed door to front and window to rear elevations. Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Electrics. Granite fireplace with wood-burner (vented to kitchen and warm air system to first floor). Exposed beams.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 5.71 x 2.59m 2 windows to east and glazed door to front elevations. Tiled floor. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine. Built-in oven and 4 ring gas hob with extractor hood over. Built-in shelves. Vent from wood-burner. Range of matching base units. Worktops. Inset spotlights.
On the First Floor
- Landing Velux window to rear elevation. Wood flooring.
- Bedroom 1 2.05 x 1.70m Window to east and front elevations. Wood flooring. Door to wardrobe. Hot water cylinder. Wood flooring. Heat vent.
- En-Suite Shower Room Window. Vanity basin. WC. Corner shower with jets. Wood flooring.. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 2 3.03 x 2.91m Velux window to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams. Heat vent.
- Bedroom 3 3.55 x 2.65m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Sloping ceiling. Heat vent.
- Shower Room 2.25 x 1.80m Extractor. Corner shower with jets. WC. Vanity unit. Exposed beams. Heat vent.
- Double metal gates lead to a gravel drive, parking and turning area (electric cable has been run to the gate but not connected).
- Detached barn 19.00 x 7.30m Constructed of stone under a corrugated iron roof. Divided into 3 sections. Loft over. Water and electricity. Car Port to one end and open fronted barn/car port for 2 cars to the other end.
- Lawn to the front of the property. Stone terrace and ponds to the rear. Rockery.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity.
- 2 all water septic tanks.
- Centralised vacuum system in the main house.
- Central heating in the main house is provided by a heat exchange unit and a woodburner and a vented airflow system from the woodburner in the gîte.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Double glazing throughout.
- VIDEO TOUR available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is midway between Vire and Flers (both a 20 minute drive) which both offer all major facilities, including daily trains to Paris, close to a small pretty village. The small medieval town of Tinchebray with shops, bars, banks, schools, doctors' surgeries and Vassy are about 5 minutes drive away.
The ferry port at Caen Ouistreham is 1 hour's drive, 1 1/2 hours from Dinard, Cherbourg is 1 1/2 hour's drive and Calais is 3 1/2 hour's drive. The airport can be reached in under 90 minutes. It is located within easy reach of Mont St Michel, the D-day Beaches and Bayeux.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: