This beautiful stone farmhouse with authentic features and a large landscaped garden with outbuildings is situated in a quiet rural position near Brécey in Normandy.
This spacious detached stone house benefits from light and airy accommodation with many character features including exposed stone walls and beams, a large granite fireplace with woodburner, marble staircase and floors with underfloor heating, a bespoke kitchen with copper sink and draining board, and wood framed double glazed windows with internal shutters throughout. Outside there is a landscaped garden with several outbuildings which are in excellent condition, mature trees and shrubs, an ornamental pond and a decking area with Hot Tub.
On the ground floor
- Glass Canopy
- Entrance Hall 6.61 x 1.95m Door to front elevation. Marble tiled floor. Telephone socket. Marble stairs with wrought iron handrail. Double doors to:
- Lounge/Dining Room 12.69 x 5.38m Marble tiled floor. 2 windows and French doors with side panels to south and window to west elevations. Exposed beams. Feature granite fireplace with raised hearth and wood-burner which was installed 4 years ago. Several small feature windows.
- Study 3.98 x 2.06m Marble tiled floor. Arched window to west elevation. Glazed double doors to entrance hall.
- Cloakroom Marble tiled floor. Part marble tiled walls. WC. Vanity basin. Extractor.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.59 x 3.17m Marble tiled floor. Window to south and 2 windows to east elevations. Range of oak units including base and wall units and display shelves. Cupboard to house fridge/freezer. Tiled worktops and splash-backs wit pelmet lighting over. 4 ring hob (2 electric and 2 gas) with extractor over. Part wood panelled walls. Built-in electric double oven. Small brick open fireplace. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Handcrafted copper sink and draining board with mixer tap. Partly glazed door to:
- Utility Room 3.45 x 1.79m Window and door to east elevation and decking area. Marble tiled floor. Double stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Built-in cupboards (one housing electrics). Vent. Door to attached garage.
On the First Floor
- Landing 2 Velux windows to north elevation. Built-in wall cupboards. Door to stairs to second floor. Double doors to east wing. Central heating thermostat.
- Master Bedroom 5.51 x 5.05m Window to south and west elevations. Door to:
- “Jack & Jill” En-Suite Bathroom 3.72 x 2.88m Window to south elevation. Hand painted wall tiles. Marble tiled floor. Extractor. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. WC. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and screen. Built-in cupboard with shelving. Door to landing.
- Bedroom 2 4.36 x 3.87m Window to front elevation. Built-in cupboard with shelving.
- Bedroom 3 5.61 x 3.41m(max) 2 windows to front elevation.
- Shower Room 2.42 x 2.13m Tiled floor. Window to east elevation. Corner shower. Vanity unit. WC. Tiled walls. Extractor.
- Landing Window to west elevation. Walk-in wardrobe.
- “Jack & Jill” Bathroom 2.99 x 2.83m Window and Velux window to east elevation. Vanity unit. WC. Bidet. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and hand painted tiled surround. Marble tiled floor. Extractor. Door to landing and -
- Bedroom 4 4.55 x 3.03m 2 Velux windows to east elevation. Built-in cupboard with hanging rail and shelving. Door to “Jack & Jill” bathroom.
- On the Second Floor - Gym 5.70 x 2.32m Sloping ceilings. Roof light.
- Integral Garage 6.07 x 4.22m Electric up and over door to east elevation. Concrete floor. Hot water cylinder. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Boiler.
- 2 sets of double wrought iron gates lead to gravel drive, parking and turning area and beautifully landscaped gardens mainly laid to lawn with mature trees, shrubs and flower borders. Paddock.
- Stone terrace to the front of the property. Outside lighting. Ornamental pond. Large decking area with hot tub. Outside store room. Tap.
- Detached Double Garage 11.40 x 6.09m Constructed of block and timber under a slate roof. Concrete floor. Wine Cellar. Stairs to first floor storage area. Sliding wooden door to front elevation. Attached Lean-to Wood Store.
- Detached stone bread oven 4.20 x 3.26m Slate roof. (Oven intact). Power and light.
- Detached stone playhouse/shed.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Drainage is to a septic tank installed in 1983.
- Gas fired under floor central heating.
- Broadband internet connection.
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
The property is situated in a quiet rural position between Brécey (6 kms) - with shops, schools, dentist and doctors' surgery and the larger town of Villedieu-les-Poêles (14 kms). It is within an easy drive (50 minutes) of the beach and the Normandy landing beaches.
The UNESCO heritage site of Mont St Michel, a must see for anyone visiting Normandy, is just a short distance along the coast (about 45 minutes). Within a short drive is the 18 hole golf course and Lake Dathée near Vire (19 kms), and the forest of Saint Sever. Dinard Airport is about 100 kms, as is Caen Ouistreham ferry port. Easy access to the Channel Islands via the port at Saint-Malo (85 kms).
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Old septic tank which needs updating
Tank in the garden
Nationality of Owners: