This lovely house and gite complex with loads of character has been renovated to a very high standard and comes with with lots of covered and open terraces, it is well situated being within 5 minutes of the local town of Villefranche with all amenities.
The property consists of a large main stone house with 4 bedrooms (216 sqm), lots of charm, large modern equipped kitchen, living and dining rooms. TV room, adjacent small gym area and office in attics. Then there's a second stone house with 7 bedrooms (200 sqm), large living and dining room, semi-professional kitchen currently being used a gite for extended families with beautiful terraces. Step outside there's the gite, with a courtyard with covered dining area and access to the swimming pool with a large terrace and covered sunbathing areas to the side.
The main house is ecologically heated by a large hopper fed pellet burner located in a purpose bult shed in the garden. All of the furniture, fixtures and fittings in the gite are included in the sale so someone could start or continue with a business straight away.
The whole property is set in about 7994 sqm of grounds (approx 2 acres) including wooded gardens, covered pergolas, a summer kitchen, play areas, a small pond, greenhouse with detached timber chalet used as a workroom and also two carports for 7 vehicles.
The ground floor
- Dining Room (5,4m x 4,1m). (22,6 sqm) A stunning room with exposed beams and stone walls, dual aspect windows, tiled floors with underfloor heating and a huge stone arch leading into the
- Salon (5,4m x 5,38m) (29,1 sqm) Here again are exposed stone walls, beams, tiled floors with underfloor heating, a large wood burner and two sets of television satellite sockets. A doorway leads through to
- Kitchen/breakfast room (8,3m x 5,1m max) (40 sqm) A stunning room with state of the art kitchen units with marble worktops, a central island with units under, a breakfast bar and a sink, 4 Neff ovens including fan, steam and microwave units, space for American style fridge/freezer, further range of base units with 4 gas burner hob with large extractor over, dresser unit, large wall mounted radiator, extensive storage units with pull out drawers at far end of kitchen with further cupboards and stairs to the first floor.
- Cloakroom With WC and basin
- Utility Room (3,0m x 2,6m) (8 sqm). An extensive range of cupboards to the side, worktops and space for dishwasher with adjacent drawers under. Door to
- Reserve (4,4m x 3,1m) (13 sqm). With large hot water cylinder heating by the pellet burner, extensive controls for the hot water systems, storage areas, door to outside and steps down to
- Cellar (3,1m x 2,6m) (8,4 sqm) With storage area and wine racks.
On the first floor
- Master bedroom suite (4,6m x 3,9m) (18 sqm) With extensive range of cupboards, radiator, door to en-suite shower room (3,0m x 2,2m) with large walk-in Italian style shower, vanity basin, tiled floors, door to DRESSING AREA and a further door to Office area (2,7mx 1,9m) (5m2) With sloping ceiling and velux roof light.
- Bedroom 2 (3,7m x 3,2m) (12 sqm) With cupboard and radiator. Timber floor and exposed beams.
- Bedroom 3 (3,4m x 3,1m) (10,7 sqm) With radiator, exposed beams and timber floor.
- Bedroom 4 (3,4m x 2,9m) (10 sqm) With radiator, exposed beams and timber floor.
- Family bathroom (3,1m x 2,7m) (8 sqm) With bath and shower over with screen, large basin with painted cupboards under, mascerator WC and tiled floors with exposed beams.
On the second floor
- The stairs lead up to a large area with pigeonnier to the side (2,4m x 1,8m) (4 sqm). With glass on three sides and is presently used as a gym with lovely views on all sides.
- TV Salon (8,6m x 3,4m) (26 sqm). With sloping ceilings, wood burner in the corner and ballustraded area around staircase in centre. Large storage area to the side.
- Office/Bedroom 5 (3,8m x 2,6m) (10 sqm). With sloping ceilings, a velux rooflight and dormer window and radiator.
The adjacent large stone barn has been converted to form three suites and a family room providing 7 bedrooms in total as well as a large dining/living area and a semi-professional kitchen to the side. All of the furniture, fixtures and fittings in this gite are included in the sale so someone could start a new business straight away. Until last year, it had been run as a very successful chambres d'hotes business but is now let only as a gite for families who take some or all of the suites and do their own catering.
To the front of the gite, there is an enclosed courtyard with a covered pergola area (5,5m x 3,2m) with table and seating ideal for al-fresco dining, a covered terrace overlooking a set of chairs set around a firepit with small gateways leading down to the pool and to the play areas and gardens. It is really well set up for holiday use and is very popular for extended families.
The Ground Floor
- Kitchen Area (6,8m x 5,2m overall). A fully fitted semi-professional kitchen. With stainless steel worktops, a Falcon 6 burner and 2 oven range cooker, 2 dishwashers, 2 washing machines, partly tiled walls and tiled floor, step up to a back kitchen with further storage.
- Salon/Dining Room (9,1m x 6,9m) With exposed beams and tiled floors, French doors out onto the terrace, central seating area with sofas and TV on the wall and dining area at the far end. Door off to cloakroom with WC and basin
The Second Floor
The Top Floor
- From the courtyard, external steps lead up to the long balcony with doors off to the rooms and each suite has TVs with Sky boxes. There is potential to create a new internal staircase if preferred.
- Suite 1 – Double doors to Bedroom 1 (4,8m x 3,6m) (17,7 sqm) With timber floor, electric heating, door to ensuite bathroom (3,5m x 2,2m) with partly tiled walls, tiled floor, bath with shower over and side screen, wash hand basin and WC. Door from the bedroom to Bedroom 2. (5,0m x 3,2m and 1,7m x 2,1m) (19,5 sqm) With space for three beds. Cupboard.
- Suite 2 – Bedroom 3. (5,3m x 4,6m less 1,7m x 2,1) (22 sqm). An L shaped room with dual aspect doors onto both sides of the balcony, cupboard, door to en-suite bathroom (3,6m x 2,4m) with bath with shower over and side screen, twin wash basins, WC to the side and door to Bedroom 4 (4,8m x 1.9m) (9m2) With space for bunk beds. To the side of Suite 1, a separate door leads to a small lobby and through to a laundry room with plumbing for washing machines and space for fridges and freezers.
- Stairs to second floor with long landing and eaves cupboards along its full length.
- Family Room – Bedroom 5 (3,9m x 3,6m) (14 sqm including bathroom) With sloping ceiling, dormer window, radiator and door to en-suite bathroom with bath with shower over and screen, basin and WC with tiled walls and floors. Towel rail.
- Suite 4 – Bedroom 6 (5,8m x 4,1m). (24m2 including bathroom) With sloping ceiling and dormer window, door to ensuite bathroom with bath with shower screen and shower, WC and wash basin. Party tiled walls and tiled floors.
- Door from bedroom to Bedroom 7 (4,9m x 3,0m) (15 sqm including bathroom) A partly L shaped room with sloping ceiling and dormer window and door to corridor and door to en-suite bathroom with roll top bath, round basin in freestanding unit and WC
This really is a property that needs to be seen to appreciate the quality of the workmanship and the potential it offers. VIDEO tour available on request.
- Swimming pool area Accessed by paths from the gite and the garden with security fencing all around, the pool is a chlorine pool and the liner was replaced in 2007 and the filters and pump have been upgraded since then.
- There is a large terraced area around the pool with some partially covered sunbathing areas as well. External shower. Altogether a perfect location for those hot summer days.
- The pool house is situated under the pool area. A new water/fountain feature was installed in 2019 and a second cascade water feature by the pool.
- To the side of the pool is a children's play area with swings and climbing frames with a stone terrace to the side.
- The gardens are laid around the two houses and are a mixture of lawns, many mature and semi mature trees, a small pond below the pool, a number of shrubberies and flower beds.
- All around the house, there are a number of little corners which have been planted up to create a separate areas.
- Below the house, there are 7 car carports of timber construction and a sheeted roof with paths that lead up to the houses.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: