This attractive gite complex with 3 letting units, owners' accommodation and an indoor swimming pool is set in nearly 2 acres of land near Vire in the Calvados area of Normandy. The house stands in a quiet rural hamlet in a slighly elevated position with views over the gardens and surrounding countryside.
This detached south exposed stone house is divided into 3 letting units and owners' accommodation. Offering over 260 sq.m of living area, it is arranged as a main house with 3 en-suite bedrooms, an adjoining 2 bedroom house, and on the first floor a one bedroom duplex apartment and a studio apartment.
Outside, the spacious gardens ensure there is enough private seating areas for several families and there is an indoor swimming pool with a terrace and outside toilets and shower. There is also a childrens' play area.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 4.49 x 1.37m Window and partly glazed door to front elevation. Electrics. Tiled floor. Radiator.
- Bedroom 1 6.03 x 4.00m 2 windows to east and window to south elevations. Tiled floor. 2 radiators. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Tiled floor. Corner shower. Suspended WC. Vanity unit. Heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 4.47 x 4.36m Ornamental fireplace. Window to rear elevation with electric shutter. Radiator. Tiled floor. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Corner shower. Pedestal basin. WC. Heated towel rail.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 3.58 x 3.13m Window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Partly exposed stone wall. Range of matching base and wall units. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. 4 ring electric hob with extractor over. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Built-in oven. Tiled worktop and splash-backs.
- Lounge 5.39 x 5.09m Tiled floor. 2 windows to front elevation. Radiator. Fireplace with wood-burner.
- Bedroom 3 3.19 x 1.54m Window to west elevation. Tiled floor. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 1.83 x 1.54m Window to west elevation. Tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Pedestal basin. WC. Shower.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE SMALLER HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Kitchen 3.48 x 2.61m Partly glazed "stable" door to front elevation. Range of matching base units. Space for under counter fridge. Space for free standing cooker. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Tiled floor. Extractor. Tiled worktops and splash-backs.
- Shower Room Tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Radiator. Pedestal basin. Corner shower. WC. Hand basin.
- Dining Room 5.31 x 2.73m Radiator. Window to front elevation. Stairs to first floor. Exposed beam. Tiled floor.
- Lounge 5.31 x 3.27m Window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator. Stairs to first floor.
On the First Floor (via stairs from lounge) -
- Bedroom 1 4.50 X 3.86m Velux window to front elevation. Sleeping platform. Sloping ceiling. Radiator. Hatch to loft.
- (via stairs from dining room)
- Bedroom 2 4.50 x 2.52m Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Radiator.
- Approached from outside:
- Laundry Room Stainless steel sink. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer.
- Boiler Room (to the rear) Boiler. Oil storage tank.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE OWNERS' ACCOMMODATION
External Granite staircase to :
- Lounge/Bedroom Area 4.56 x 4.00m Partly glazed door to rear and Velux window to front elevations. Radiator. Sloping ceiling. 2 steps up to:
- Kitchen/Dining Area 3.58 x 3.49m Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. 2 ring electric hob. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. Velux window to front and rear elevations.
- Shower Room Pedestal basin. WC. Shower. Radiator.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE DUPLEX APARTMENT
External staircase to split level:
- Lounge/Dining Room/Kitchen 5.05 x 4.00m 2 windows to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Exposed beams. Stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Space for free standing fridge/freezer. 2 ring electric hob. Radiator. Stairs to mezzanine.
- Shower Room Pedestal basin. WC. Radiator. Shower.
- Mezzanine Bedroom 3.49 x 3.00m Exposed beams. Velux window to front elevation.
- A gravel drive leads to gravel parking and turning area which in turn leads around the house to the rear and to swimming pool area.
- Indoor Swimming Pool (16 x 8m - 1.85m deep) - Block with corrugated iron (bac acrer) roof. Windows all round. Sliding patio doors to south and door to east elevations. Paved all round and seating area.
- Outside shower. WC. Store Room.
- The garden is mainly laid to lawn with mature trees, hedges and shrubs. Enclosed childrens' play area. Outside lighting and tap.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank.
- Taxes Foncières : 1,566€ per annum (2020)
- Taxe d’habitation : 1,342€ per annum (2020)
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The house is situated in a quiet rural hamlet in a slighly elevated position with views over the gardens and surrounding countryside.It is near the Town of Vassy (6km) in the Calvados department (Normandy) in northern France, 43 km from Caen, the department capital.
Many activities are available for those staying in Vassy with lots of glorious countryside to be explored making this ideal for hiking, horse riding and cycling. There are public tennis courts nearby in the area as well as several golf courses including one a Clécy, which is 20 kilometers from Vassy and the 18 hole Golf de Vire.
Vassy is 221 km from Paris (mainline train station at Vire (15 minutes away) and 295 km from the port at Calais. Rennes – Saint-Jacques Airport (RNS) is approximately two hours and 10 minute’s drive from Vassy. Flights arrive here from Southampton year round as well as seasonally from Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, Exeter and Manchester.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.